Problems with the audio.

MoeThePoe
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hey guys,

I’m curious to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with the audio in the game?

I heard someone mentioning they had the same problem a few weeks back and I assumed it would fix with the updates, but it’s still a huge issue for me.

In the middle of a match all sound gets cut off and the only thing I can hear are the characters voices and distorted gunshots. To fix it I need to turn off and reopen the game completely. It’s really annoying and happens almost every time I play. I tried repairing the game as well, but it’s still happening.

Anyone else experiencing this or who knows what might be wrong?

Comments

• Z-Crashpilot1001
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    Yep, I had the Audio cut out maybe twice 500h play time (onboard realtek). Maybe try unticking the exclusive mode and the other one in windows playback devices? If you are using a PCI(E) card, maybe try a different slot? If you are using USB sound maybe try a different USB connection? Update the chipset and USB drivers and of course the audio drivers. Reduce background tasks to the minimum. If you post more Hardwaredetails you may get a more concise answer by someone with a similar setup.
  • MoeThePoe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I maybe should have specified it’s Battlefield V I’m talking about in case it was unclear, but thank you for the tips! I’ll defintely try some of them out! And I’ll remember to post my hardware details as well.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been occasionally experiencing this since one of the recent patches. I was asking my buddies last night if they had come across it but I was the only one. I've had it on panzerstorm, twisted steel, and hamada maps so far exactly how you described it. Sometimes it sorts itself out, othertimes the problem persists into other rounds .... the only way of dealing with it is to close the game and load it back up again.
    It is a similar audio bug to which was found on BF4 golmud railway.
    It seems to be triggered by particular loud sound effects such as gunfire/explosions, but I don't know how to replicate it Others have reported this issue too since the same time period, although not everyone has encountered it so far. I'm pretty sure this is a game audio bug and needs to be fixed on Dice's end.
  • Moh4wK74
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had this too!

I have:
    ASUS Xonar Essence ST (Soundcard)
    AMD FX-8350 @4,3Ghz with Scythe Mugen 2 B
    Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
    Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB
    16 GB Kingston HyperX Fury
    ACER X271A 144Hz FHD
    Enermax TriAthlor FC 650W
    Win10 Home 64 Bit
  • SkankwOn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    This is also happening to me.

Win 10 64 bit
    2500K @ 4GHz
    Vega 56 8GB @ 1440p
    16GB RAM
    P8 Z68 Pro mobo
    BFV running from SSD

[edit] Found this -

www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/wiki/known_issues

"Sounds cutout, muffled, footsteps are inaudible or too loud for the distance.
    Platform: ALL
    Status: We are currently investigating this issue. If you're experiencing this, please share a video link (and your system specs/sound setup) so we can dig in further."
  • ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My footsteps sometimes cut out, i notice it when running in tunnels/drains since other sounds disappear and it feels like you are floating forward. I think i also have encountered the old bug with repeating loud sound once when using the MG42 (crash), though could be something else.