Time for a new look at TTK?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    Pelliy wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Exactly, the balancing PC and console is different. That's why we had dedicated private servers before bf1 on pc. Procon and plugins allowed to compensate this difference.
    Nothing in BF4 procon plugin would have made a difference regarding balance between console and PC.
    Except you could exclude those weapons that are clearly balanced for console and not for PC.

And do things like add sniper rifle limits as it seems perhaps they aren't such a big problem on console.

That kind of thing.
    Excluded problem weapons or limits. Is not fixing balance issue that just glossing over the flaws and that created new ones.

Limiting DMR while allowing the M16 or AEK shows it was not about balance. I never came across a server that banned or limited any AR.
    Were AEKs ever as unbalanced as the assault weapons in BF5? Hmm. I don't remember.

Either way, at least with a decent RSP you'd have a *chance* to 'fix' things.

It wouldn't be all that's needed to fix BF5, of course, but it would help.

the AEK is worse, imo. also had more range than any AR in bf5. People think bf5 tap fire is bad. I guess they forgot about bf4

The difference being spread decease was balanced to make no one gun have an advantage over distance in BF4. Also, the recoil mechanics didn't play directly into tap firing either.
    Most used 1x sights like the kobra in BF3/4 unlike BFV where it's all about 3 x semi sniper sights.
    Remove 3x sights and it maybe can improve the game.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • StingX71
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ael1as wrote: »
    I want to add this to my comments.

The people posting here asking for a slightly higher TTK are doing this beacuse they LOVE Battlefield and they believe in what DICE did in the past titles.

We simply dare to say that the "emperor has no clothes", we are simply tring to put in a rational way what was treated in hysterical way (thanks to Youtubers..)

One troller tried to create mess here, but the message is still clear.

I'm happy that I have found many rationale players here thinking the same as me. This makes me think we are right.

I'd say it's divided 50/50 at best. When DICE upped the TTK and the ensuing revolt occurred, DICE must of seen a negative impact in their server stats that made them switch it back so fast. I know, what few friends I had still playing the game left when they upped the TTK. They have not come back.

I prefer HC, but can deal with the current TTK, and have been playing since 42. In short, you'll find passionate people on both sides of the issues.
  • Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Current TTK is fine to me, changing it would mean having to rework EVERYTHING from the ground up to accommodate the changes and that overall wont change a thing cus the same ones whining about dying alot will die just as much if not more.
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they mess up packages again? Ive seemed to ve getting super bulleted a lot today?
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    This post is so dumb :D :D

People asking for higher TTK just suck at the game plain and simple. If you need more health to live or if you want guns to deal less damage per shot you should just go play cod or Apex or some other dumb game.
    It seems that the majority "suck" to use your words or just want a game which is enjoyable and not like now.
    The gameplay at the moment is terrible. Camping and playing TDM seems to be the main strategy.
    If TTK is the reason then I'm all in for a change. If there is another way I'm also in for that.

The game isnt that bad tho. Theres always going to be campers in any FPS you play and if they are good at camping either with a mmg or a sniper rifle they'll kill you if you make a dumb mistake. I dont have a trouble killing campers or avoiding the areas that have them. Obviously it also depends on the game modes you play as well. Breakthrough, front-lines, domination, some conquest maps are going to have those players. Just have to play smart use cover and play smart.
    I can't remember another BF game that had so much camping and people not pto. I used to play a lot of infantry but not in BFV. I'm tired of semi snipers (3 x scopes + laserguns) and prone campers because it's easy, so I'm just flying now. But my main problem is almost all on my friend list are gone, even some I have been playing BF with for more than 12 years. They don't like the gameplay and TTK is one of the reasons but not the only one. What ever the reason is then BFV have killed my little community and made it much less enjoyable.

What killed it for my friends was the visibility, fast TTK and map design. Now I'm running around solo these days with clueless teammates who sit back and do nothing trying to get their KD up. Since DICE made it so easy for people to rack kills up. I cant tell you the countless times I've msg people saying play the OBJ please and the reply I get is look at my KD I'm doing good. I'm the one getting punished for playing the OBJ and getting picked off by these invisible soldiers with OP rifles that melt you in a half a second.
  • dayglowfroggy
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the ttk how it is now.
    If you want to see what it's like in slow ttk mode play combined arms on medium difficulty frustrating bullet sponges.

I really like 3x scopes on most weapons too thats one way to get around seeing people before they shoot you,i am sure I would die allot more without 3x.

I also think assault class weapons are fine, its a game not a simulation.

There are still a few weapons that feel like they one shot kill you sten ke7 and gewar 1_5 come to mind but they have fixed that on most guns.

I think the visability is in a great place now.

• TheyHaveScissors
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »

The people posting here asking for a slightly higher TTK are doing this beacuse they LOVE Battlefield and they believe in what DICE did in the past titles.

We simply dare to say that the "emperor has no clothes", we are simply tring to put in a rational way what was treated in hysterical way (thanks to Youtubers..)

I'm happy that I have found many rationale players here thinking the same as me. This makes me think we are right.

I'd say it's divided 50/50 at best. When DICE upped the TTK and the ensuing revolt occurred, DICE must of seen a negative impact in their server stats that made them switch it back so fast. I know, what few friends I had still playing the game left when they upped the TTK. They have not come back.

I prefer HC, but can deal with the current TTK, and have been playing since 42. In short, you'll find passionate people on both sides of the issues.

My friends from BF4+1 havent come back out of frustration of the TTD. Poof, youre gone in a split second from bullets out of nowhere without any warning (this was before the deathcam introduction to BFV). The ADAD spam gameplay of assaults and medics didnt help either for them. This is a big deal because normally they love WW2.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Exactly, so give them recoil and sway so this game gets more interesting and less frustrating. Game is boring now with the gunmechanics.

• aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think since the visibility and netcode patches I have much more time to react, firstly because you can actually see people before they just drop you from the bushes and secondly, the netcode fixes DID something and if I react fast and plan my cover, I can definitely get to safety and make it a fight.

I will say the game still feels a bit like I take damage faster than I can dole it out, but it's way better than it was.

I say leave TTK alone.
  • TEXls1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been addressed and reverted back, get use to it and over it
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Exactly, so give them recoil and sway so this game gets more interesting and less frustrating. Game is boring now with the gunmechanics.

If you're playing the objectives, I don't see how you can possibly find the game to be boring. It's completely action packed and a lot of fun. . If you find the gun play to be boring, or (baby mode) as you so often refer to it, then don't use any specializations that effect muzzle climb, or muzzle drift. But understand, there are a lot of people whom just love the new gun play the way it is... Myself included. You have the option to make the gun play more challenging with the click of a button in the menu. I'm not sure why you keep posting day and night that the gun play is to easy and not challenging enough for you when you have the option to change that for yourself.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »

Yea but the problem was the game was still fresh and some guns were unbalanced and still are. They went about it all wrong and just dropping it out on us out the blue. The TTK should've had its own playlist but they did the opposite. It didn't even get enough time to get looked at and compared to with the fast TTK. Now with the visibility issue still at hand....which I'm not even sure they can fix. They need to look at the TTK. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned earlier but yea most people just banwagond what youtubers had to say. What a disaster for battlefield changing it back and fourth. I hope it gets better.
  • GeneralXIV
    237 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me, the TTK in Conquest doesnt really matter to me that much. But in modes like Breakthrough, Frontlines, Rush, Grand Operations etc it just feels way way too quick. Dying so quickly makes modes like that there you arm or destroy objectives like that unfun for me, and its why I avoid them whenever I can :/
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    For me, the TTK in Conquest doesnt really matter to me that much. But in modes like Breakthrough, Frontlines, Rush, Grand Operations etc it just feels way way too quick. Dying so quickly makes modes like that there you arm or destroy objectives like that unfun for me, and its why I avoid them whenever I can :/

Really great point. This could be addressed by map design or a change to the timer for arm/disarm.

I’d prefer map design tweaks honestly.
  • maggoo8
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If is wasn’t for the lack of options for similar shooters I would no longer be playing BFV. I don’t like COD or BR games. Previously I have loved playing Battlefield games.

We obviously have three groups here forced to play the game in a gamestyle they don’t prefer. We need a hardcore, current TTK and longer TTK playlist.

It’s probably impossible to know what the preference numbers are for each mode and I doubt DICE actually know themselves. With the rate players are or have quit the game it’s a shame these options weren’t available at launch. I wonder how many players would still be playing had they had the choice to play the game the way they wanted too.

The bugs and netcode are frustrating of course, maps are below average, weapons are essy to use but I think the biggest factor is the gameplay for most us.
  • ragnarok013
    3046 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This post is so dumb :D :D

People asking for higher TTK just suck at the game plain and simple. If you need more health to live or if you want guns to deal less damage per shot you should just go play cod or Apex or some other dumb game.

@johnkapa1 keep your responses civil otherwise the entire thread will degenerate into bait and flaming.

• sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maggoo8 wrote: »
    If is wasn’t for the lack of options for similar shooters I would no longer be playing BFV. I don’t like COD or BR games. Previously I have loved playing Battlefield games.

We obviously have three groups here forced to play the game in a gamestyle they don’t prefer. We need a hardcore, current TTK and longer TTK playlist.

It’s probably impossible to know what the preference numbers are for each mode and I doubt DICE actually know themselves. With the rate players are or have quit the game it’s a shame these options weren’t available at launch. I wonder how many players would still be playing had they had the choice to play the game the way they wanted too.

The bugs and netcode are frustrating of course, maps are below average, weapons are essy to use but I think the biggest factor is the gameplay for most us.

I think this whole “the existing TTK is why player numbers are dropping” is a false narrative used to further people’s argument for a higher TTK.

Their are a lot of factors that can lead to the drop. It diminishes the argument to quote opinions line they are facts.

I’ve played BF since 42 and I like the TTK. I do however think balance and content are major issues currently.
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    maggoo8 wrote: »

I think this whole “the existing TTK is why player numbers are dropping” is a false narrative used to further people’s argument for a higher TTK.

Their are a lot of factors that can lead to the drop. It diminishes the argument to quote opinions line they are facts.

I’ve played BF since 42 and I like the TTK. I do however think balance and content are major issues currently.
    There are indeed multiple factors. Of course TTK is not the only reason for low numbers. There is a lot wrong with BF5. But the TTK is a big factor, because even when they fix other problems, because it's an intentional design choice, not a bug or omission or lack of content, it will never get better in the eyes of the players that dislike it.

I have no hope that BF5 will be better than BF1 or BF4, for me, because the underlying choice to make it some kind of competitive-lite, hardcore-lite, BR-prepared shooter means even if it were perfectly executed, it will still be something I don't much like, by design.
  • SirBobdk
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @sabootheshaman wrote
    Agree. When I talk to my friends who have left the game they are divided around the TTK, but they all agree about the lack of content, map design, balance problems, bugs but most of all the game play. But the combination of TTK, lack of visibility and laser guns with 3x zoom makes most people sit and wait for others to move. Imo the game is designed for TDM and not any type of pto mode.