Weekly Debrief

10 new multiplayer maps or battleroyale?

Ichstarker
39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
What do you think of that? Nice movement or ...?
Also, what do you think, should dice use parts of firestorm's map and put them into multiplayer matches?
or criterior should help from now and on to make those new multiplayer maps we all want?

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10866 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    People are still angry about br? 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    People are still made about br? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Been salty since the original announcement
  • TEKNOCODE
    10866 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    People are still made about br? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Been salty since the original announcement

Autocorrect somehow changed angry to made. 😓

@HardAimedKid started drooling for a bf br before the announcement of it.

I’m indifferent.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having bought the game when they told me the game would be supported i want exactly what i was told i was buying.
  • NLBartmaN
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should have made 2 games: a "normal" BF without all the BR crap and looking and feeling like WW2 and a seperate BR game.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They'll probably use some of the Firestorm map assets to build a new multiplayer map at some point.
    I don't know why there's this whole 'would you rather get (large amount of content) or Firestorm?' thing, because in the time it's taken to develop Firestorm I doubt they would be able to make 10 full large multiplayer maps (ignoring the fact that Criterion has developed Firestorm, so it's a separate team to the main development team on BFV). Obviously most people would rather get 10 maps than a new mode - but if maps had been prioritised and there was only one team, then they wouldn't have made 10 maps.
  • Noodlesocks
    2892 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    Would be neat if they could repurpose the BR map and make a couple conquest maps out of it.

But saying Criterion could have made more maps in this time would just make me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing these past four months.
  • Dr_X2345
    Would be neat if they could repurpose the BR map and make a couple conquest maps out of it.

They probably will, or at least use some of the assets as there appears to be new assets based on the trailer.
  • VincentNZ
    2937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

They probably will, or at least use some of the assets as there appears to be new assets based on the trailer.

Please not, BR maps are usually set-up like a blend of Panzerstorm and Suez. Vast wasteland with long sightlines and in between point-blank engagement ranges. Using assets is fine since I've seen more unique landmarks and buildings in the Firestorm trailer than in all the 9 maps.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At this stage I wouldn't care if they just directly ported over BF1 maps.

And this is the basic mentality most of us have. This game is a lost cause. All Apex needs is more content and balance along with doubles and singles. Trios just doesn't work when you don't have the squads. Not sure how this BR will play out. In theory it could be decent, but I just don't like anything about the UI and progression system for this game. It kills any hype I might have.

At the end of the day BFV sucks. And it will continue to suck.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    10 new maps? Are they all good? If the Br is good I’d rather have the Br, if the Br isn’t good I’d rather have like 10 average maps just for the change of scenery
  • Dr_X2345
    10 new maps? Are they all good? If the Br is good I’d rather have the Br, if the Br isn’t good I’d rather have like 10 average maps just for the change of scenery

The thing is with a sort of 'ultimatum' like that (that's probably entirely the wrong word, oh well) is that it's very biased - of course almost anyone would prefer 10 new maps over BR, but if we weren't getting BR we wouldn't get 10 maps instead - unless Criterion were developing maps instead of BR, we'd have the same amount of content basically but minus the promise of BR.
  • Cronik2k
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    new maps plz but like sum1 else said I'd happily take all the bf1 maps that's got to be easy to do.
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to me that the setting for fire storm just doesn’t feel right. A world war 2 battle royale it sounds uncanny to me and I don’t know why. I really hope more time is spent on maps and squashing bugs and quality of life improvements and not on fire storm. I can only hope.
  • doctorrocktor
    1801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maps all day,it seems dice can dish out news on firestorm but nothing on mp.i wouldn't be supprised if the road map gets delayed after what I've just read on reddit about up coming news.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maps all day,it seems dice can dish out news on firestorm but nothing on mp.i wouldn't be supprised if the road map gets delayed after what I've just read on reddit about up coming news.

I bet the roadmap will not have anything really exiting. And we will be stuck in the endless no proper content loop.
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    “I bet the roadmap will not have anything really exiting. And we will be stuck in the endless no proper content loop.”

Let’s hope not.