Can we please stop hating on BF1

Minigun991
130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
This cliché argument going around that BFV is better cause it’s harder is pointless, and wrong.

The fact is BFV is just as easy. You can rank up to max rank in a week. You can put a scope on your assault rifle and make it into a automatic sniper rifle.

You can get 6+ with a bomber no problem. Or any other aircraft because the skill tree has the depth of a puddle. It’s ether one side is super good and the other is unappealing.

Also, YOU NEVER RUN OUT OF AMMO. This is a first for me, cause there is a resupply station everywhere.

These people need to stop putting others down cause they enjoy BF1. BF1 was fun and did great for battlefield. With over 4 million players logging in. Also it’s launch was smooth, and DLC wile slow, had a lot of new stuff.

If you don’t like BF1, fine. But these people sitting there and act like they require more skill cause they play BFV is a lie. You’re lying to yourself, or you play medic, cause that requires skill.

And the objective truth is, BF1 helped the battlefield franchise, with its sales. All BFV did was hurt it with its political message, and no innovation to the franchise.

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 is the best game ever. Well... Bf1 and AVA..

• Getier
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 is the best fps I've ever played......still playing it. BfV I only play for the unlockable stuff, Bf1 for fun.
  • Prep768
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf5 is bf1's Hardline imo.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 1600hrs in 1 - not one game could tear me away from it. Struggling at 200 with this one, regularly playing other games now (Apex, Firewall, R6, TF2) even bought Anthem and I own a ps4!

NB - this is my opinion and respect the opinions of others, even if they're wrong
    /s and just to clarify......... Smiley, smiley winky face
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 is a great game. Period.
    Will BFV be considered as one? Only time will tell.

It was a great game, then DICE ducked up and lost their marbles.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was the last title so by extension is the best game ATM. When the next BF title drops BFV..... er well....... I think BFV will live on as kind of a black sheep. In much the same vein as Hardline.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never. BF1 is the 3rd worst BF ever.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    BF1 was the last title so by extension is the best game ATM. When the next BF title drops BFV..... er well....... I think BFV will live on as kind of a black sheep. In much the same vein as Hardline.

For me BF1 was one step above Hardline which I consider to be the worst entry in the entire franchise. I really really wanted to like BF1, it was visually beautiful, had great sound, was an era nobody had really done before, but the gameplay was so bland to me I felt as if I had to force myself to play it. BF5 is so much better in my opinion and more of a return to the fun game play I last felt in BF3/4. I just wish we didn't have squad reinforcement call ins in BF5; those should be a commander asset.

I was more so to the tendency for a **** to develop around the previous title while bashing the current one. Also I feel like Hardline was a better game than IMHO.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    conceptually DICE is lost to its own base
  • Wikstone
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »

For me BF1 was one step above Hardline which I consider to be the worst entry in the entire franchise. I really really wanted to like BF1, it was visually beautiful, had great sound, was an era nobody had really done before, but the gameplay was so bland to me I felt as if I had to force myself to play it. BF5 is so much better in my opinion and more of a return to the fun game play I last felt in BF3/4. I just wish we didn't have squad reinforcement call ins in BF5; those should be a commander asset.

I cant see commander anywhere, one more thing they left from game.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who is hating on BF1 now? I for real have not heard a single person say anything negative about BF1 since BFV launched.

BF1 wasn't a great Battlefield game, IMO, but in hindsight it was 100x better than BFV is. BFV is a heaping pile of garbage that went backwards in literally every single aspect from gameplay, to UI, to server support etc. Everything about it is mediocre.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is a great game. Period.
    Will BFV be considered as one? Only time will tell.

It was a great game, then DICE ducked up and lost their marbles.

Hmmm.. I feel like there is something here..?
  • CSO7777
    1085 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    BF1 was a good game (played for 1400+ hours), but in the end the game just became too frustrating (vehicle/infantry balance, behemoths, special classes etc).

BFV is much better in many ways, but its still as frustrating as BF1, mainly because the game is so buggy and a lot of the issues were in BF1 as well, we've already grown tired of the many of the issues before BFV was even launched.

For me BFV misses mainly on the fun part, BF1 was more fun even with all the problems in the game.
  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn’t like BFI because I disliked the gunfights. That’s why I prefer BFV.
    BFI’s graphic and depth of content however was easily superior to BFV’s.
  • MrCamp121
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only part i dislike from BF1 on xbox are the auto rotation abusers spamming shotguns/OHK weapons with their LT/RT skill, and behemoths. Other than that its far superior to 5 imo