Abysmal performance lately!!

vladinscain
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello!I played more than 100 hours of bf1 and never had any issues with my system..The gameplay was very smooth with over 80 frames per second..But recently i have a lot of stuttering and when i have over 80 fps now it feels like 30..Anyone encountering this problem?It is literally unplayable right now and i dont understand why..I use msi afterburner and before i had a ram usage not more than 6.8 gb out of 8,and now it can go to 7.8 gb wich is rly strange..If i remember corectly i first encountered that problem after i got a notification in bf1 about the bf5 battle royale.Idk what should i do..Pls help!
My pc:i5 4670k 4.2 ghz
gtx 1050 2gb
8gb of ram 1867 mhz
mb:asus z87k

Comments

• vladinscain
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Titan_Awaken
    830 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is you RAM installed in dual channel or single channel mode?

Dual channel is a must in this game as it increases bandwidth (and therefore better performance). And also you might want to check your frametime graph, if you see big spikes in it, then that is the source of your stuttering. Without going into detail, irregular frametimes can cause stuttering yet your FPS can still stay constant.

You also might want to clear your standby memory before or after each round (manually or with a program like RAMMAP) as this cause stutters as well.

Either way, the issue is most likely on your end as there hasn't been any major updates to this game since June 2018 if I remember correctly.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What version of Windows are you using? If 10 then an update could have caused the problem.
    Was there an update to BF1 lately? (I don't remember)
    Did you install some software lately?
    Run some of the free virus and malware scanners from Norton and Malware Bytes.
    Is you system overheating? (cpu and/or video card could be clocking down)
    Is all of your system memory working?
    Are you running out of disk space?
    Are you using mechanical drives and/or ssd's?
    Don't use MSI Afterburner nor Geforce Experience.
    You are tight on system and video card memory.

• vladinscain
    I have dual chanel memory and i didnt do anything(installing an app or windows update)..It seems that that problem fixed itself bcz today I could play without any problems..Il be back with an updade if the problem comes back..Ty for trying to help me :)
  • vladinscain
    So..the problem came back after 3 days of good gameplay..so far i tried to reset the video settings,clearing the origin cache,reinstalling the nvidia driver,updating windows,trying to use rammap and nothing works..When i have that problem theres npthing i can do..My gpu usage and cpu frequency fluctuate a lot and all i can do is to hope that the next game it will be fine.I never had any problems with any other game except this one.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2019
    Yep servers are truly horrible, I think I might actually do better with a joystick on PC, unresponsive to overresponsive every other minute, gg DICE!

Going into a bayonet charge without a bayonet fitted, that's rich, tell me it's on my end again.
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on