Ok. I re - bought BF5 this week. This is my (personal and others?) problems with the game.

Max_3Timer
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So i pre ordered the game and played the beta. It was so bad. The game was about getting more ammo and the game did not feel like a Battlefield game at all. So i got a refund (kudos). But this week i bought it again and was thinking that it got better after 4 month. And i was right. It feels like a Battlefield game again.

BUUUUUUT !?!?!? The biggest problem for me now is about the graphics. The enemy visibility is still a big problem for me (playing on a PS4 Pro). Not just the soldiers, but tanks and all others enemy vehicles and gadgets. And i notise another graphic fail. The bright is to bright and the dark is to dark. So i have to adjust the brightness afther what map i am playing, so annoying.

So what happened from BF1 to BF5? Graphic and enemy visibility in BF1 was perfect! So why did they not jus copy the graphic from BF1 and added the new mechanics (i love it) to BF5? I think they are trying to make it toooo realistic. But that is not what a BF game is about. Do not go that way DICE! If you want a "realistic" game we got the ARMA franchise. Do not go that way DICE!

Give me some feedback so i know i am not alone about my problems with the game!

Comments

• ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm Arma 3 I was kicked from a clan for using short wave radio to communicate instead of long wave, against bots.....

One does not simply play Arma 3 lol.
  • Max_3Timer
    edited March 15
    ENKkii87 wrote: »
    I'm Arma 3 I was kicked from a clan for using short wave radio to communicate instead of long wave, against bots.....

You are Arma 3??? And that comment have to do with my problems with BF5 in what way?
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

God I wish ARMA 3 or something similar would come to Xbox.

I'd kick this casual rubbish to the curb so fast and switch it would make your head spin.
  • Ichstarker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just improve your eyes by making some eye exercise or get a rest after some hours, it is really hard to see enemies when they are camping. For me is harder when im an airman and try to bombing some enemies lol
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see this alot from posters..

CHANGE your playstyle, flank, outsmart enemies and think ahead, and you will do fine.

This game can be so fun, and the TTK, allows for some insane killstreaks.

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

CHANGE your playstyle, flank, outsmart enemies and think ahead, and you will do fine.

You mean camp and don't even try to play the objective?
  • NLBartmaN
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That clips shows totally what is WRONG with this game .. camping with 3x scope and no chance for the enemies to react.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

That clips shows totally what is WRONG with this game .. camping with 3x scope and no chance for the enemies to react.

Well, firstly, I would not call this camping, as that would require me to be prone all the time and not move. Besides, do you expect me to go straight into action with a scoped low rof weapon? I can also get these streaks witn non scoped weapons, this was just recent.

Btw, enemies can just get some awareness and not run straight onto a obejctive and lie down behind it. It's fair game for all.

Also, this is Grand ops, the job is to defend the objective, not to run around like a headless chicken.

BF1 was too casual, this is too hard and has a bad ttk. I did well in BF1 and other BF's aswell, they just require different playstyles is all.

Would you rather it be a CoD hipfire high RoF spam fest?
  • GrinddalDDG
    The revolver part was campy, but hey man, it's a revolver.
  • NLBartmaN
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The elements I just mentioned make you play like that, which is logical, everyone does it, that is why the game is one big campfest and everyone shooting from a distance and not PTFO, since it will get you instant killed.

You can have as much awereness as you can have, but with those elements you will be death before you can see/hear the enemy (poor visibility/poor netcode/poor footsteps) and won't be able to react fast enough (3x scopes/insane accuracy/too low TTK/TTD/annoying long animations/getting stuck everywhere) when you move near an objective.

So for me that clip shows everything wrong with the game, not with you: you just do what everyone else does in this game and why it is boring and annoying like crazy.
  • GrinddalDDG
    @NLBartmaN

I replied to your comment, but my reply has dissapeared :(

I will go again.

I agree with your points, especially about, netcoding, sound issues, visibility and getting stuck - I just think the game has more imminant problems, like a lack of content, dwindling playerbase, which I guess could be fixed by mending some of your points.

I think we can all agree that this game has its shortcomings, and that other BF games were better, like BF 1 and 3, and my personal favourites BF1942 and BF2.

My only point was that, if you, like you say conform to the game - It is possible to do well.

And thank you for a civil discourse btw.
  • GrinddalDDG
    And yes, the weapons are historically easy to handle, and pinpoint accurate.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the visibility is a bit wack at times still. There was an improvement which did help quite a bit a while ago, and now you can normally see players unless they're prone in a pile of rubble (which is quite a common strategy).
  • firechickenfan
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

@GrinddalDDG

Not to be a [email protected]#s, but I notice your clan tag is PTFO. Yet in the video, you waited to detonate the dynamite until AFTER they armed it. Also, you never once made an attempt to disarm it, even after you wiped the area with said dynamite.

I understand that your rifle "MIGHT" have limited your ability to be effective in CQC (see your clan tag for irony example), but you didn't even try!
    You seemed focused on your k/d.

Seems to contradict your use of PTFO.
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »

God I wish ARMA 3 or something similar would come to Xbox.

I'd kick this casual rubbish to the curb so fast and switch it would make your head spin.

Then get a pc. Don't buy an xbox if you don't like casual gamers/ gaming, it's a given.
  • GrinddalDDG
    @GrinddalDDG

Not to be a [email protected]#s, but I notice your clan tag is PTFO. Yet in the video, you waited to detonate the dynamite until AFTER they armed it. Also, you never once made an attempt to disarm it, even after you wiped the area with said dynamite.

I understand that your rifle "MIGHT" have limited your ability to be effective in CQC (see your clan tag for irony example), but you didn't even try!
    You seemed focused on your k/d.

Seems to contradict your use of PTFO.

Well if you do not want to be a jackass, try not to be a jackass in the first place :)

If you must know, I was playing with people I know, and their job was to dissarm (They had the weapons for it CQC), mine was to stay back, hence the weapon choice.
    Regarding, waiting till they had armed the object, I don't know if you can see it, but the smoke made it impossible for me to see any enemies, my only hint was the arming of the obejct.

I always PTFO as much as possible, I will send you other videos in pm if you wish.
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited March 16
    @firechickenfan Btw, my clantag does not meen I have to PTFO hard every second of every game I play, we were up against a strong team and going in headless would have lead to a loss. We defended the last two objects.
  • GrinddalDDG
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    The elements I just mentioned make you play like that, which is logical, everyone does it, that is why the game is one big campfest and everyone shooting from a distance and not PTFO, since it will get you instant killed.

You can have as much awereness as you can have, but with those elements you will be death before you can see/hear the enemy (poor visibility/poor netcode/poor footsteps) and won't be able to react fast enough (3x scopes/insane accuracy/too low TTK/TTD/annoying long animations/getting stuck everywhere) when you move near an objective.

So for me that clip shows everything wrong with the game, not with you: you just do what everyone else does in this game and why it is boring and annoying like crazy.

I replied to your comment, but my reply has dissapeared :(

I will go again.

I agree with your points, especially about, netcoding, sound issues, visibility and getting stuck - I just think the game has more imminant problems, like a lack of content, dwindling playerbase, which I guess could be fixed by mending some of your points.

I think we can all agree that this game has its shortcomings, and that other BF games were better, like BF 1 and 3, and my personal favourites BF1942 and BF2.

My only point was that, if you, like you say conform to the game - It is possible to do well.

And thank you for a civil discourse btw.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dustykill wrote: »
    So i pre ordered the game and played the beta. It was so bad. The game was about getting more ammo and the game did not feel like a Battlefield game at all. So i got a refund (kudos). But this week i bought it again and was thinking that it got better after 4 month. And i was right. It feels like a Battlefield game again.

BUUUUUUT !?!?!? The biggest problem for me now is about the graphics. The enemy visibility is still a big problem for me (playing on a PS4 Pro). Not just the soldiers, but tanks and all others enemy vehicles and gadgets. And i notise another graphic fail. The bright is to bright and the dark is to dark. So i have to adjust the brightness afther what map i am playing, so annoying.

So what happened from BF1 to BF5? Graphic and enemy visibility in BF1 was perfect! So why did they not jus copy the graphic from BF1 and added the new mechanics (i love it) to BF5? I think they are trying to make it toooo realistic. But that is not what a BF game is about. Do not go that way DICE! If you want a "realistic" game we got the ARMA franchise. Do not go that way DICE!

Give me some feedback so i know i am not alone about my problems with the game!

Ever since BF3 the community has been begging DICE to knock it off with the hyper-bright/super dark think they love so much. And finally they did in BF1, the lighting and graphics are beautiful in BF1.

But, DICE being DICE, were back to eye ball melting hyper bright/dark.
  • Max_3Timer
    edited March 17

Adapt to the crap? It is easier to spot a enemy in real life, i am not kidding. I was in the recon unit in the army.

But this tread is showing the problems with the game. So many replies. I am not alone about this. It is more campers in this game than COD BO4.