DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stopped by the forum again to see the progress on Anti-cheat. Looks like the forum post is growing, maybe soon it will be as long as the Mega Thread over in the PC section. Looks like EA/Dice has done exactly nothing to communicate on what they are doing or planning on doing to combat the issue.

Wow. But please continue to ask people to discuss other aspects of the game like this isn't the most important one. People don't care about assignments when they have servers being ruined by 80-0 hack gods. This is going to drive legit players away, until all you have left are the cheaters.

Where is the follow up? It really really makes it seem like you don't care @Braddock512

Yeah me too. They are doing nothing to combat this that much is clear. They don't care so I've moved on until they show some effort.
  • Axlerod1
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://kotaku.com/cheat-makers-say-theyre-cleaning-up-in-apex-legends-1833294646

Isn't this the better than BFV anti-cheat system. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Either case, it looks pretty non-existent.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello Battlefield V Community,

Today we released "Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V" blog, providing some insight into our efforts for fair play in Battlefield V, our goals on constantly improving detection, and dedication to the Battlefield community.

We definitely want to work with the community on improving our anti-cheat efforts as an ongoing commitment to our Battlefield V community as part of our Live Service.
    We'd love to have your feedback, suggestions, questions, so we've opened this thread to gather all of that. We ask that you keep it constructive and productive. Together we can continue improving Battlefield V for all of us.

For wanting to "create a dialogue," and for using words like, "together, we can," has @Braddock512 responded to a single comment on this thread?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    If you believe that then I am the Easter bunny!
    We've quite literally had players on this forum permanentely banned on their first offense, albeit falsely accused?
    I can provide direct evidence that a permaban is not the case. I have direct evidence, screenshots, of accounts that have had resets done. PM for links if you like.
  • stabbinhobo
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello Battlefield V Community,

Today we released "Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V" blog, providing some insight into our efforts for fair play in Battlefield V, our goals on constantly improving detection, and dedication to the Battlefield community.

We definitely want to work with the community on improving our anti-cheat efforts as an ongoing commitment to our Battlefield V community as part of our Live Service.
    We'd love to have your feedback, suggestions, questions, so we've opened this thread to gather all of that. We ask that you keep it constructive and productive. Together we can continue improving Battlefield V for all of us.

For wanting to "create a dialogue," and for using words like, "together, we can," has @Braddock512 responded to a single comment on this thread?

"Their" approach to anti-cheat is to make it "our" job to police "their" servers.

Any questions?
  • Abonsam
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    What approach? You guys are worried more over new modes and side games (BR) than cheaters. And it seems to me the anti cheat is relying on the reporting by players.
    Maybe make cheat sellers close shop and take down websites who sell them? Punkbuster? FairFight? Something other than you current 'anti-cheat approach'?

The last few weeks the strange occurrences in games are really skyrocketting... It ain't fun anymore. A few months ago you had to search for a cheater, nowadays... *sigh*
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    This was some of the game play today.

Thank you, @Braddock512 for your efforts to curb cheaters.

https://streamable.com/57iub
  • briarjmoor396
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The cheating must stop it's ruining the game for every one and the name of dice and ea so do some thing
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    The cheating must stop it's ruining the game for every one and the name of dice and ea so do some thing

More from today.

https://streamable.com/rk95x
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2019
    Its really hard to take anything they say serious, when cheats from the previous game work in the beta in the new game. that pretty much shows EA/dice has done absolutely nothing to combat it.

how does that saying go? dont P down my back and tell me its raining.
  • RichardSinerface
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If this is the game you want, why not give everyone the options under Settings
    Just label it Cheats and give everyone the option to ESP or anti-recoil. Call it balance at this point.
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    I have already stopped buying pretty much every other game from you guys (thanks to you leaving Steam). This will be my last BF game too. Don't even look at that free Anthem I got with my graphics card... That is the only reason it is in my game list and I have not even played an hour of it. EA is TRASH. I AM DONE WITH YOU! GO BROKE EA!
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    eh.. delete.
  • Jinko_itx
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would argue that cheating in a game is a form of bullying and that is also against the TOS
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    I would argue that cheating in a game is a form of bullying and that is also against the TOS

Cheating in itself is against the tos.
  • DrunkwoIf
    I think its funny how they protect the identity of the cheaters. They need a wall of shame for all to see these people.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    I think its funny how they protect the identity of the cheaters. They need a wall of shame for all to see these people.

Nobody is "protecting" them.

Rules are rules buddy and they must be enforced otherwise there would be anarchy.

Also, your post above is discussion of moderation and thus also a violation of the rules.

So bear that in mind in future.

• DrunkwoIf
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »

Nobody is "protecting" them.

Rules are rules buddy and they must be enforced otherwise there would be anarchy.

Also, your post above is discussion of moderation and thus also a violation of the rules.

So bear that in mind in future.

haha ok bud
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The most important thing for console is the banning of/making it impossible to use CronusMax, Xim APEX and Modded Controllers.

Every day It feels like more and more players start using it.
This discussion has been closed.