I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2029 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    It would seem the bigger modes draw out the cheaters, I haven't seen one on Frontlines in about two weeks. I haven't even seen any of the closet cheaters I used to encounter fairly regularly. A few seems to have stopped playing completely in the beginning of February.

Oh, and the strangest thing just happened. I went 174-29 on Hamada Frontlines with the Bren, and not a single accusation was made. One enemy even congratulated me. Next guy on the server got a little over 90 kills. These things happen when circumstances are suitable. I just hope Tyrone is proud of me for finding my share of potatoes. I know it's not 200, but it was one map. Has to count for something. Kudos to Bran for keeping me going.
    Post edited by MachoFantast1c0 on
  • XChodeOfDestinyX
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I gotten switched during mid match also, happened a hand full of times
  • ViolentMinds
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to be switched mid round if it meant I could play on an evenly balanced server. Whether or not the team was losing. Hasnt happened to me once. As i said, only ever been switched at the end of a round. That includes the end of a set of objectives in a Grand Ops match. Which some might think is not a new round because its part of the same Grand Ops match. But its a round within the match. Happening upon death, I have yet to see that happen. If this was happening you would have a lot more balanced servers... this is literally the first time Ive ever heard anyone mention this considering on the Discords I am in everyone is of the opinion that there is basically no balancing. So idk man. Very interesting how we all have a different experience... which shouldnt be the case. Game is broken.
  • ViolentMinds
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would seem the bigger modes draw out the cheaters, I haven't seen one on Frontlines in about two weeks. I haven't even seen any of the closet cheaters I used to encounter fairly regularly. A few seems to have stopped playing completely in the beginning of February.

Oh, and the strangest thing just happened. I went 174-29 on Hamada Frontlines with the Bren, and not a single accusation was made. One enemy even congratulated me. Next guy on the server got a little over 90 kills. These things happen when circumstances are suitable. I just hope Tyrone is proud of me for finding my share of potatoes. I know it's not 200, but it was one map. Has to count for something. Kudos to Bran for keeping me going.

They think they can blend in more on servers with more people i guess
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think what you are saying has validity to it. That's where they can cause the most calamity if that is their goal.

I played last night against two cheaters. There was a guy named I recognized I'm sure he was banned before and bought another account. Want very good nor active but he was headshotting me even if I would slide, just hitting difficult headshots . Looked up his stats, he had like 70% hk ratio with aim in the 20s

Then there's this level 13 that was new l not very good yet he got top frags in the other team but died alot. Can't say for sure but I don't think it's likely to move around that well, know the map that well but you suck at everything else.

I can't explain the'hunch' but based on playing, you know somewhat can tell by a way s person moved if he's above a certain level and this guy moved like a bad player.

I think it's just they do it because they can get in a game quicker. If Frontline was still popular, they would be cheater there too.

I don't think there's been a single day this week that I can say that my day has no cheaters. None.

The only thing I could hope for it's this br thing makes dice/ea/criterion take the anti-cheat a little more seriously.
  • ViolentMinds
    Frontlines is still popular on PC. Dont know about console.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags if you could un-bin my post please, and thanks.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    How is what he said absurd?
    It is really simple.

When you have an anti-cheat that basically does not work, the anti-cheat, while existent, has a functional effect of so near to zero to be effectively zero.

Then have a balanced conversation without throwing fantasy land accusations thrown on top of it. I'm not say you do it but when people come in saying dice willingly allows content creators to cheat and hackers can move people around in a
    is absurd but doesn't mean there shouldn't be a conversation. That doesn't make it a derailment of a thread because its a direct relation to "cheating" both sides of the argument have every right to post here.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly in the ~400 rounds i played so far, I encountered maybe 4-5 cheaters, where I can definitely say, these guys were hacking.....So far i don't think cheaters are much of a problem in this game, but maybe i've just been lucky.

Most cheaters run subtle ESP hacks that you'll never be able to confirm. There are lots of smart cheaters out there that cycle cheats on and off to pad their scores, yet are smart enough to realize that posting ridiculous K/D and KPM ratios while on foot will raise suspicion.

I saw someone the other day who looked like he was following the How Not To Get Caught script to the letter. He had some impressive score like 60/2, but in the last few minutes of the round he suddenly died ten or twelve times in a row so he ended up at a more credible 60/14. Proof? No, not by a mile, but when someone's behavior matches what the hack sellers advise on their websites it has to make you wonder.

And when you look at the leaderboards and see some guy who has 1,600 kills and three deaths for a KDR of 533/1, and he's still playing, well it's hard not to think that players care a lot more about cheating than EA does. How hard could it be to spot someone like that? An intern could look at the leaderboards once a day and get rid of a dozen hack users without working up a sweat.

Believe it or not it's very possible to have a high KD. Even as something as absurd as that.

There are people who play this game and will not take a death. If they do, they leave the server. They play in the most cheesiest ways. To get cheap kills, kpm be damned.

The ones that are unrealistic are the people going 47KD/5kpm
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Getting kind of creepy when the closet cheaters come here to whine about the blatant cheaters.

It'll be even funnier when the banhammer gets dropped on them in game when the anticheat gets another notch increase and they have to cut their live feeds quick while pleading innocence. "I'm not cheating.. I have been recording my hand for the entire match. (Not the active esp and mild aimbot on screen! Oh they'll never know. I'm just a "better player".) Massive banwave due soon. ;-) Hopefully it'll weed out alot of the closet smart behinds. Game needs a major clean up. Game is on the shelf until then. Appalling show of ac support so far but Dice are on it.

Yeah, what's up with recording the hand??? Record the dam screen!

If I ever stream, I'm going to record my fish tank in a mini stream window to prove I'm not cheating ;)

I've done all three screen hand and face. Still called cheats. Doesnt matter what you do for most people. If they wanted to fly out most certainly id show them.

You cant please people when there weak minds are made up.

Dude, it could be on LAN with an admin that personally inspects the computer and let's the opponent inspect the computer and some people here will still think they're cheating.

"Cheating on LAN happens"

What do you expect from people that don't listen to reason? You still got people saying there's no anti-cheat in the game it's been removed despite evidence to suggest there's anti cheat in bf5. It's just the anti cheat is very poor.

Then you got the conspiracy about dice letting content creators cheat. Just absolute drivel nonsense. Can't have a fruitful discussion with such absurdity.

I'm not disagreeing with what you've said, but every once in awhile we learn that in fact some of those pro players on top tournament teams really were cheating. It's happened in CS:GO, in Team Fortress 2, in PUBG, with pro players who are defended against cheating accusations on the grounds that they're so good they don't need to cheat and also because they have too much to lose to risk using a hack. And then they get caught, and suddenly the folks who were defending them have nothing to say, at least for awhile.

That's one of the worst things about hack use, it erodes player confidence to the point where people will see cheating when it isn't happening. And then a game like PUBG comes along where one in every four of the over fifty million accounts sold has been banned, a ratio beyond what I ever expected to see in a major game--how does anyone manage to say there isn't really much cheating in PUBG in the face of such a stat? But they do, incredibly, the same sort of "I've played a thousand hours and only seen two possible cheaters" thing we see here.

It doesn't help when a notorious PUBG streamer in China who is universally considered a cheater in that nation after video of him doing something seemingly impossible in the normal course of the game is released, he's banned, he appeals and the game publisher says they're confident he was cheating and the ban will stand. And then they lift the ban and announce it was all some sort of unfortunate mistake. How are legit players supposed to process that, when someone they can see in a video is clearly cheating is banned and then unbanned? What conclusion can they reasonably come to other than some streamers are considered too valuable to ban?

That's why EA's near silence on this issue is not helpful. They should be following PUBG's lead and announcing how many accounts have been banned, and sending out ban confirmation notices to players who report cheaters, and that ban scroll needs to come back so we can see the names of those who got caught. At least then we'd know something is being done, that at least some hack users will have to buy another copy. On this issue the radio silence with occasional bits of PR fluff about how seriously they take the issue just is not working.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Getting kind of creepy when the closet cheaters come here to whine about the blatant cheaters.

*checks the last 3 pages*

Who or what are you even talking about.

He's talking about me, most likely. It's best just to ignore buddy and move on.

Leave the man to his conspiracies about ea/dice and hackusations about myself, other players, and content creators.

What conspiracy theories do I have about EA/Dice? Looking back through my posts I've been saying that there doesn't appear to be any automated anti-cheat in the game, and that EA/Dice are pathetic for not addressing that. They're not communicating what the state of the anti-cheat is and what they are doing to get something effective implemented. Sure, there might be the odd ban here or there.. but I'm still waiting for the big "ban wave" that you predicted quite a while back. I thought you had some sort of insider info, or a crystal ball.. but it would appear you were just making that up.

And as I like to say often, hackusations do not matter. As far as those go.. there's really only one person that I'm quite sure is cheating in BF5, but having not played it that much I'm sure I'm missing out on other subtle type cheaters. Other players aren't even on my radar. Don't know enough about them to form an opinion. I did recently up my body count of banned cheaters in BF4 since I started playing that again. 100% success ratio to date. One of them it took me a couple months to build the case before the ban was implemented. That was fun. Maybe I should screen shot the list of players I got banned in BF4, blur the names, and post it here. In other words.. the ones I'm sure about.. every single one of them meta-banned in BF4. I'm only convinced about one BF1/BF5 player trying to be subtle about it... but alas.. the name and shame rule. PM me for that player name!... or not. Not a big deal either way since individual cheaters is the tiniest of water in the bucket. It's a little more useful in BF4 since the player base is much smaller.

So do tell.. what is the conspiracy I'm pushing? Don't just skip the question, or dance around it.. I'm genuinely curious.
    It'll be even funnier when the banhammer gets dropped on them in game when the anticheat gets another notch increase and they have to cut their live feeds quick while pleading innocence. "I'm not cheating.. I have been recording my hand for the entire match. (Not the active esp and mild aimbot on screen! Oh they'll never know. I'm just a "better player".) Massive banwave due soon. ;-) Hopefully it'll weed out alot of the closet smart behinds. Game needs a major clean up. Game is on the shelf until then. Appalling show of ac support so far but Dice are on it.

That would be amusing.. but there's really no info from Dice that they're on anything but a hiatus. They did post something sort of recently about AC in BF5, but nothing since then. I suppose they're "working on it", which of course means that they weren't working on it previously. But remember.. the litmus test for any game's AC is if the larger private cheat sellers are still selling cheats for the game. That's what I've seen kind of recently with PUBG. Those big cheat providers stopped selling cheats for it. Not surprising considering the mammoth effort the PUBG devs, and AC partners, have put into it. They wrote a huge manifesto describing exactly how they did it. EA/Dice? Not so much. Not anything really. And as I always say (again), the lack of anti-cheat in BF games is what this is all about.. not the random hackusation tears. Does the game have effective anti-cheat? No. Period. End of story.

But I'll continue the story anyway..

If I ever stream, I'm going to record my fish tank in a mini stream window to prove I'm not cheating ;)

Think it's possible to have a soft bot active without ESP on? How would you know the player was clean looking at the monitor via cam? I really don't know, but that occurs to me. What about that guy that famously got banned a couple months ago cheating at a CSGO tournament? Since the teams were competing at a lan, it must be obvious that a cheat doesn't require any sort of overlay on the screen.

So.. given that seeing a players monitor while he's streaming doesn't mean he's not cheating, what is the solution to the problem? The solution is anti-cheat in the game that prevents that cheat from being used. Again - all of this is on EA/Dice and nobody else.

What do you expect from people that don't listen to reason? You still got people saying there's no anti-cheat in the game it's been removed despite evidence to suggest there's anti cheat in bf5. It's just the anti cheat is very poor.

Then you got the conspiracy about dice letting content creators cheat. Just absolute drivel nonsense. Can't have a fruitful discussion with such absurdity.

The anti-cheat is so low that it is the functional equivalent of non-existent. It's like saying, No, I am not BROKE, I have 47 cents to my name. Thus, there's evidence to show that he is not broke, he has some money.

You spout so much absurdity, then you rail against supposed absurdity...Nonsense. Drivel nonsense.

But, good job at trying to derail the thread again.

Agreed (I know.. shocking!). The AC might as well be considered completely non-existent. There might be EA/Dice staff watching players and banning them, but I doubt that. I doubt that FF is active in the game given the leaderboards. Thinking that the odd ban here or there means that there is some AC active in the game is absurd. And that's what this is all about, right? Everything in this thread is about the lack of anti-cheat in BF games. Everything else is nonsensical.. or more just cognitive dissonance. Red, you're the only guy that's actually doing research on these cheaters and it's absurd that you're even in a position of doing that. EA/Dice are responsible for anti-cheat, and they are completely inept at protecting their PC games from cheaters. At least some of the apologists are amusing, and that's what keeps this thread entertaining.
    <snip> My point is when having a fruitful discussion, it can only happen when people stay true to the facts. If you have people saying X and people saying no still despite the contrary and supporting evidence. You cannot have a fruitful discussion about it. Its just best to leave that person to their thoughts and opinions. <snip>

So.. what are the facts and what is the evidence? You might respond by saying that it's pointless to explain that to me, but do it for everyone else. I'm genuinely curious. Enlighten us.
  • Chettt_Manly
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    Trying the game again, second game I am in today, im getting killed instant killed by a level 48 who is invisible except for his floating gun, and hes in a squad of 50s, and I have to assume they are all cheating as they are spraying everyone down and know exactly where people are. I guess they got spotting removed so the cheaters with ESP have an easier time.

At least in BF1 when you get stuck in a server with cheaters you could at least swap teams so you don't get farmed by them all day. Of course it would be even better to have modded servers again like in BF4 where they got banned! But apparently suffering through cheaters and clan stacks is the BF gameplay we deserve in 2019.
  • Chivide
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    had a guy from a plutoon lets call them wolf and he and his squad killed all on spawn the first min except tanks and aircraft... it did suck
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is really simple.

When you have an anti-cheat that basically does not work, the anti-cheat, while existent, has a functional effect of so near to zero to be effectively zero.

Then have a balanced conversation without throwing fantasy land accusations thrown on top of it. I'm not say you do it but when people come in saying dice willingly allows content creators to cheat

Then address me, instead of "people who come in and throw fantasy accusations."

Start making sense, unlike your friend.
  • Pelliy
    @TyroneLoyd no need to explain dude. I've said my piece. Leave it up to their own imaginations.

Rather just get back to talking about the state of the anti-cheat with reasonable people that want to discuss it.
  • Pelliy
    edited March 17
    @parkingbrake I responded to you but my post got hung up on approval.

To sum it up, I don't disagree with you but that's not what I was addressing.
  • Micas99
    It is really simple.

Then have a balanced conversation without throwing fantasy land accusations thrown on top of it. I'm not say you do it but when people come in saying dice willingly allows content creators to cheat and hackers can move people around in a
    is absurd but doesn't mean there shouldn't be a conversation. That doesn't make it a derailment of a thread because its a direct relation to "cheating" both sides of the argument have every right to post here.

Maybe I can suggest this in a different sort of way. How can there be any conversation at all when the most obvious thing we know about the game is that it has very ineffective anti-cheat, assuming it has any at all? What else is there to talk about?
  • Pelliy

I've done all three screen hand and face. Still called cheats. Doesnt matter what you do for most people. If they wanted to fly out most certainly id show them.

You cant please people when there weak minds are made up.

Dude, it could be on LAN with an admin that personally inspects the computer and let's the opponent inspect the computer and some people here will still think they're cheating.

"Cheating on LAN happens"

I'm not disagreeing with what you've said, but every once in awhile we learn that in fact some of those pro players on top tournament teams really were cheating. It's happened in CS:GO, in Team Fortress 2, in PUBG, with pro players who are defended against cheating accusations on the grounds that they're so good they don't need to cheat and also because they have too much to lose to risk using a hack. And then they get caught, and suddenly the folks who were defending them have nothing to say, at least for awhile.

That's one of the worst things about hack use, it erodes player confidence to the point where people will see cheating when it isn't happening. And then a game like PUBG comes along where one in every four of the over fifty million accounts sold has been banned, a ratio beyond what I ever expected to see in a major game--how does anyone manage to say there isn't really much cheating in PUBG in the face of such a stat? But they do, incredibly, the same sort of "I've played a thousand hours and only seen two possible cheaters" thing we see here.

It doesn't help when a notorious PUBG streamer in China who is universally considered a cheater in that nation after video of him doing something seemingly impossible in the normal course of the game is released, he's banned, he appeals and the game publisher says they're confident he was cheating and the ban will stand. And then they lift the ban and announce it was all some sort of unfortunate mistake. How are legit players supposed to process that, when someone they can see in a video is clearly cheating is banned and then unbanned? What conclusion can they reasonably come to other than some streamers are considered too valuable to ban?

That's why EA's near silence on this issue is not helpful. They should be following PUBG's lead and announcing how many accounts have been banned, and sending out ban confirmation notices to players who report cheaters, and that ban scroll needs to come back so we can see the names of those who got caught. At least then we'd know something is being done, that at least some hack users will have to buy another copy. On this issue the radio silence with occasional bits of PR fluff about how seriously they take the issue just is not working.

What you're saying isn't really related to what I've stated. My point is some people are so convinced it's not even worth the conversation because it's not fruitful. You touched on the subject matter earlier. Read the subsequent posts after the one you replied to and you'll get a more Fuller picture

I agree with your conclusion that dice needs to do better and be more transparent about their efforts. I never disagreed with that and always held that view.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12863 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I gotchu, All posts approved.
  • Pelliy

I gotchu, All posts approved.

This discussion has been closed.