Weekly BF

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V's Vehicles - Planes, Tanks, and Transports

Comments

• DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    054okan wrote: »
    my game
    bf5 banned code tY96ip help plss

No one in the forums can help you. Contact EA support. If you also got an email from the Terms of Service team, then it could be many different reasons. Otherwise you were cheating, or you account was compromised.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-v/play-by-the-battlefield-v-rules/

• DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    Three things.

Transport vehicle. Closing and opening the door. Every time some on gets in. Grrrrr. Can't the door remain open until the vehicle moves? Or is that asking for too much. (I love it. Opening the door then turning around to close it. If it's only me. But not when there's some soldiers waiting to get in. Just trying to cut on the time to make haste.) no worries.

Motorcycle that can get some air would be nice. Or is this also too much.

Tiger should get a mild nitro boost. Jk. But honestly a little faster?
  • biggien79
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    Perfect, please explain how a JU88 is turning with a Spitfire right now?
    Post edited by biggien79 on
  • Klatrymadon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    I'm currently having some issues with the new Junkers 88 C, I had decided to work towards the 75mm cannon but ran into an issue after unlocking the 3rd tier of upgrades.

It seems someone thought it was too powerful for the JU 88 C to have both bombs and the recon camera, but as I found out after taking said upgrade it actually makes the plane useless. So now I'm flying a recon plane and I can't reset the upgrades until I get tier 4 unlocked. I'd like to ask if it would be possible to add to the descriptions of upgrades that replace other weapons to say exactly what they're going to replace?

Because right now I'm stuck with a tier 3 JU 88 C with a loadout that is extremely boring to play with, least until I can get the rest of the points required to unlock the last tier.

*Update: Also noticed the spotting camera tends to bug out and stops "reloading" and can't be used anymore until you respawn (resupplying doesn't help).
    Post edited by Klatrymadon on
  • Fid0rka
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cause of a tank top gunner length of life, his machine gun inconsistent damage, the "ability" to receive damage from nearby explosives even when hidden in the turret, getting shot when ducked in turret (hand hit? or mismatch of what I vs. attacker see=netcode?) ... I would really like to see that role transformed into Tank commander -
    - spawning into his seat with hatch closed: the reason is clear...
    - 3rd person primary view of the tank (like the driver has) with spot ability for tank crew only: this will help to inform the fellows about incomming danger, for ex. when the driver/main gunner is in fire view mode/zoom.
    - 1st person secondary view through hatch visors or periscope with some level of view enlargement (based historicaly on the tank type?) but angle limited by visor/periscope width + the same spot ability for tank crew only.
    - ability to open the hatch door and shoot the MG (as it is right now) but when ducked in the turret you would be able to aim through hatch visors , again limited by their size = not the whole 360° would be covered + it will be even worse when the driver turns the turret and the vertical view would be straight forward +- few degrees.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    I agree with the above. The life expectancy of the tank gunny is Death. He should have a good farewell party. HERE's to All the Brave Tank Gunners. It was one hell of a min.
    Post edited by DeadAgain210 on
  • trip1ex
    4906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tanks aren't that fun. They don't seem to lend themselves to exciting tank vs tank battles. LIght tanks are more fun because they are faster and can move around. The maps don't help because all the clutter on them give infantry a ton of hiding spot and make them hard to see and too easy for infantry to ambush tanks. The poor visibility doesn't help fun since it slows down tanks. Tanks end up camping from far away lots of times and have the scopes to do it. I just don't feel the exciting tanks battles in BFV. The game used to have some. Back in BF42 a desert map had many tanks per side and tanks roaming the massive desert landscape firing on each other.

Animations to enter and exit vehicles makes gameplay more boring. The animations are annoying to look at just like it's annoying to watch video filmed by a 3 yr old who is moving the camera all over the place. They are a throw the baby out with a bathwater solution to a niche problem. The vast majority of the time no one was abusing getting in and out of vehicles instantly. Most of the time players are getting in and out vehicles when not under combat situations even. And now it's just annoying to use vehicles all the time as a result of these tedious animations.

Many of the transport vehicles are death traps. It's too easy to get shot out of them. And then on top of it you have to watch a 2 second animation to get in and out of them. Just another fun killer.

The transport vehicles aren't reliably indicated on the minimap when you are looking to spawn into a flag that them. Also of note is the method to spawn into transport vehicles is completely different than the method used to spawn into planes and tanks.

The maps often aren't fun to navigate for vehicles. There's no room to roam the countryside. Too many rocks and debris or trees and just general map clutter. The old games has open smooth landscapes that let vehicles roam freely with the occasional obstacles.

The whole idea of letting players select their vehicle often results in a waste of 20 minute rounds as players too often make a poor choice for teamplay. Others said it better, but you don't get the cool faction vs faction gameplay a game like BF42 had. You can't ensure there will always be counters available to various vehicles. IT's too easy for a player to select a vehicle that is a poor performer for a given map.

The towable placements are tedious to use.

The disable mechanic of tanks/vehicles has always been a not fun gameplay element. IT's bad enough to take damage but to get a disable on top of it is just piling on aka punching a man when they are down. YOu're a sitting duck then. That's been annoying since at least BF4. and then having some emergency repair ability becomes a necessity if it is way to configure a vehicle. IT was always more fun to me to still have full control of your vehicle when it barely has any health left because it led to those "I can't believe I made it with next to no health" moments. Now it's just well I'm disabled guess I'm dead.

The planes have some issues seeing ground targets which makes them boring much of the time when not killing other planes. so planes resort to either slowing down and using a scope to "assault snipe" infantry or they blind bomb flags.

lack of runways for planes gets rid of some of the fun the old games had of taking off and buzzing the runway for repairs or more ammo and the excitement of sabotaging enemy planes on the runway as well.

As others mentioned, having the assault class be the best at clearing flags and killing vehicles is probably too much of a good thing. It leads to tanks camping more.

I just remember in BF42 tanks being pretty dominant, but it always being fun to tank hunt with AT or as an Engineer because it was difficult and it was good for the team. Even in BF4 when a player could wipe out a tank by themselves with c4 it felt like it was the tanker's fault for not paying attention. In BFV you get the feeling that it just means tanks should camp like stationary cannons.

• rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    • Increase the velocity, accuracy, and the damage falloff distance of the MG for the open top vehicle gunners. Right now they are very vulnerable and since they are often the target of snipers they need to be able to retaliate effectively.
    • Please make it so I can customize my vehicle loadout even if there is not a vehicle spawn available. There is a lot of wasted time where I could be doing that but can't because it won't let you unless there is a vehicle spawnable.
    • Repair Tool - Please give this thing ammo so that it can run out and not have the ability to outrepair incoming damage. Right now someone can prone underneath a tank and be relatively safe from damage while you repair the tank above you and make it quasi invincible. Many of the complaints you hear about tanks taking too many hits to kill are a result of this. Barring giving it limit ammo at least consider dramatically lowering the repair rate.
    • So that we can properly test vehicle mechanics and calculate damage numbers please allow for all vehicles and specializations in Practice Range.
  • Psychloan
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks shouldn't be able to take heals from repair torches while under fire, just like healing yourself from a health pouch stops when taking hits.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like my comments have been removed:

i would like to get the body customization to my tanks and cars in the game
  • DeadAgain210
    edited March 18
    Trip1ex you know there's a German tank panzer medium size tank that shoots flares, along with anti infantry grenades. I love it. It has some awesome cammo too. You should try. Of course you have to unlock those abilities.
  • Hawxxeye
    6055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    IncarnateStrike covered a lot of good things but I need to draw more attention to the issue of spawning in a ground/air vehicle from the deployment screen.
    Right now it seems to be decided by random deployment screen lag or the latency of the players or by macro spamming for spawn.
    We need some sort of queue system so that those who want to use a vehicle but are not lucky to get one right away can reserve one so they can respawn as a tanker or a pilot when there is one available to get (5 sec window to claim it).
    Also for the love of god make the empty transport/vehicles visible at the deployment screen so I wont spawn in a base without transports nearby
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish you would stop Nerfing the planes into oblivion the 40kg bombs need to do more damage and also the forward facing machine guns on bomb aircraft need a buff against both infantry and other aircraft they are a heavy gun and do way too little damage.The flight physics need to be improved in terms of being able to break much harder its very difficult for a non skilled pilot to lose a tail on shake someone off as right now one someone gets behind you there is almost no way to escape.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    We need ( U ) BOATS, BOATS, BOATS,

D-DAY INVASION!! we need all wat WW2 had.

ATOMIC BOMBS to...

---

and way can`t we LOOK BACK? in a plane like in bf4,
    this was olso a issue in BF1 ...
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    biggien79 wrote: »
    Perfect, please explain how a JU88 is turning with a Spitfire right now?

Lol I thought it was only me. I was shocked that I kept getting killed by a bomber like it was a bf109. And it is funny that the mosquito has ac130 firepower and the turn radius of an old cutlass with a 90 year old lady driving it. I swear I dont even try as soon as I get any plane on my 6 I just pick a spot drop payload and go straight kamikaze in hopes to get any road kills. It's a shame that a bf109 rips those planes in a matter of secs. I honestly wont touch that plane once it gets to 4. I dont care if it has a great Arsenal if I never get a full oppurtunity to use it because of it not being able to survive any dogfight.
  • PrussiaBALL1871
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hello everyone I like BFV but something seems wrong QF 6Pounder and the PaK40

At first is the damage witch is the same
    A 57mm gun is not equal to a 75mm
    I know thad both are iconic and the standard AT Guns but to match both why the germans get the 5cm Pak38 or the british the 17Pounder
    The game is not so constantly what the weapon timeline is (STG44/Tiger/etc in the invasion of France )
    Maybe there is a possible change for example thad the Supportclass can upgrade them from 6 Pounder to 17 Pounder or from 5cm Pak 38 to 7,5cm PaK40 or thad the 6 Pounder shoots faster but less damage and the PaK 40 shoots slower but with more damage
  • maskedocelot
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TeRRaN1VA wrote: »
    and way can`t we LOOK BACK? in a plane like in bf4,
    this was olso a issue in BF1 ...

L3 lets you look back on playstation, don't know the button for others but look back exists.
  • SAM32H
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This discussion is useless and a wast of time .
    The developers and the community managers only use Twitter and reddit .
    The battlefield official forums are dead .
  • FishyFishArcade
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why are we limited to just three vehicle choices when we currently have up to six vehicles (ground or air) to choose from in our armories? Firearms aren't limited in this way, so why are vehicles?
  • Caramac_D
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We could do with brakes for the mobile AA and field guns please. Rolling out of bounds after you've deployed an AA in an outstanding defensive position is pretty irritating. Also 360 degree rotation for the field guns would be most welcome. Thanks.