Medic is an underrated class.

Pelliy
2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
You get essentially 4-5 smokes and guns that have hip fire accuracy and can be extended to some medium ranges. Plus you can self heal.

I've been playing it a lot recently and with the zk and getting top frags with it.

Much is said about the assault class balance (with good reason too.) But medic is the class that suffers least from Attrition and hard core Elements of the game

Comments

• Ciza211
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One of best and important Class in BF anniversy is in BFV trash..Weak weapon on medium and long range. No 3x scope. Not a large reward for lifting. This is why is in game minimum medics, we have 64 players on CQ and how many medics? 4-8 on both sides. Medium - large maps absoluty useless class. All class use 3x scope because poor visibility. Why assault have 3x scope? WTF! Why Support. Why dice are totally blind. Remove 3x scope from this class( Only recon it has it). Basic mechanics dont work in this game. But yea Medic is for Hardcore players.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty decent medium range. Long range, no, but its really a good and underrated class. It requires a lot of movement, but you get 4-5 smokes IIRC depending if you stock up from supply stations. Medics can also still top it with heals.

The criticisms about assault are warranted, but the gap is not as big as people think it is. Give medic more of a try. I recommend the zk smg.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great class in Rush. Just unlocked/started using the Tommy Gun and it's very good up close.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Pretty decent medium range. Long range, no, but its really a good and underrated class. It requires a lot of movement, but you get 4-5 smokes IIRC depending if you stock up from supply stations. Medics can also still top it with heals.

The criticisms about assault are warranted, but the gap is not as big as people think it is. Give medic more of a try. I recommend the zk smg.

ZK was a beast until they nerfed the fast firing version, now Suomi is simply better all around. Slow firing is okay, but the MP-34 is better for range.
  • Pelliy

ZK was a beast until they nerfed the fast firing version, now Suomi is simply better all around. Slow firing is okay, but the MP-34 is better for range.

That's what many people have been telling me as well. I gave the suomi a try albeit brielfly and I just couldn't get the cadence down to fire at medium longer ranges.

the mp34 is another one of my favorites.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think if medic got a decent mid range weapon class and assault dmrs were reigned in a bit, balance would be so much better. I think versatility and power of other classes is more of the problem than smgs being bad as they are. Map design coupled with balance issues leads to the smgs being outgunned everywhere. I played a marathon frontlines match on Hamada where I was the only medic on our team, the opposing team had just one medic as well, that is too common and a major issue. As for mid range weapons I would go with the mp34 since it only drops to a 7 btk at range instead of 8. The 599 rpm version has become my favorite gun, since Zeke got unnecessarily nerfed.
  • Pelliy
    edited March 16
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I think if medic got a decent mid range weapon class and assault dmrs were reigned in a bit, balance would be so much better. I think versatility and power of other classes is more of the problem than smgs being bad as they are. Map design coupled with balance issues leads to the smgs being outgunned everywhere. I played a marathon frontlines match on Hamada where I was the only medic on our team, the opposing team had just one medic as well, that is too common and a major issue. As for mid range weapons I would go with the mp34 since it only drops to a 7 btk at range instead of 8. The 599 rpm version has become my favorite gun, since Zeke got unnecessarily nerfed.

Medics could use longer range weapons but I don't really think that's a balancing issue. I just think people don't know the value of top fragging with medic so they don't play it. Medic is kinda 'ez' if I'm being honest than other classes because the less hit of attrition. If you're a squad leader, you can just call in a supply drop for ammo should you not be in promitity of a crate or station.

What I mean is not a balance issue but people not realizing the potential.. Is this. The best example I can give you is the illya in bf1. No one knew how op the bomber was.. Until jackfrags massage a video about it then everyone started using it. started using that particular load out for that bomber.

I don't think medic is OP but if people knew how good medic is, people would be throwing fits. They just don't know lol.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. It is my go-to class when I've been having crappy games and just need to bring some fun back into a gaming session. The ZK is a wee beast to play with, especially in Rush.
  • crazzeesyko
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't really played medic and it seemed fine to me but I can definitely see how on most maps it wouldn't be viable as they are mainly flat with little cover. I think if they fixed assault and did minor tweaks to both recon and medic then a lot of the balancing would be solved. As a recon I would like TNT and higher damage chest shots (not ohk) and medic maybe needs a new gun type for medium ranges.
  • GrizzGolf
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I play mostly medic and its not that bad. Just need to not try and take on people long range with an SMG
  • Pelliy
    Just because you like Medic and it fits your playstyle doesn't actually make the class good.

1. Combat roles are not very good and provide no weapon benefits like the other classes do
    2. Resupply stations and squad revives render the teamplay aspect of the Medic near pointless
    3. Medic only has 1 damage dealing gadget, and it's the freaking AP Mine, so you can't even use it directly.
    4. SMGs are not true kings of CQC, because they're matched by ARs and the FG42, which also have MUCH better range.
    5. Blazing fast TTK means self healing isn't even an option in most cases, and other classes get to carry around a bandage to self heal also, so it's not even unique to Medic.
    6. No access at all to 3x scopes.

So explain to me why Medic is so great? It's better than Recon, but definitely not on the same level as Assault and Support.

As I said the complaints about assault are warranted but the Gap is not as big as you think it is. I can beat ARs in cqc. I've found the most success with the zk but suomi works too and Tommy.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    The problem isn't beating ARs in cqb with fast firing smgs like the Suomi or Thompson. The problem is on big open maps you have to go to a slow firing smg to get any kind of range but you gain nothing since you need 7 or 8 rounds at 514 or 540 rpm to do anything. Assault can run a m1a1 at 450 rpm and 4-5 kill at all ranges. The m1a1 even gets hip fire specs that makes their hip fire on par with smgs and that spec tree gives them a bigger magazine on top of it lol. Now you will simply get out dpsd by most of the assault rifles and LMGs in cqb for what actual gain? To tickle enemies at range while giving up your cqb potential.
  • Pelliy
    edited March 17
    The problem isn't beating ARs in cqb with fast firing smgs like the Suomi or Thompson. The problem is on big open maps you have to go to a slow firing smg to get any kind of range but you gain nothing since you need 7 or 8 rounds at 514 or 540 rpm to do anything. Assault can run a m1a1 at 450 rpm and 4-5 kill at all ranges. The m1a1 even gets hip fire specs that makes their hip fire on par with smgs and that spec tree gives them a bigger magazine on top of it lol. Now you will simply get out dpsd by most of the assault rifles and LMGs in cqb for what actual gain? To tickle enemies at range while giving up your cqb potential.

I've been mostly running the medic in all maps. The only one not suitable would be hamada which I tend not to play but even in airborne/operations I can make it work.

The smokes are what are the equalizers and allows you to get close. Most people don't use the smokes correctly. Well let me rephrase that most people don't use the smokes efficiently.

Sure, medics could stand to get some kind range weapons but I think if you gave medics broken slrs than it is on assault, the balance would shift to the medic class almost immediately. The meta would change. I'm sure that's what dice saw in their play testing.

They would need to Rework slrs before they do that
  • TEKNOCODE
    11157 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medic with zk extended, mp40 or emp. 🤤
  • bran1986
    edited March 17
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Medic with zk extended, mp40 or emp. 🤤

I've been mostly running the medic in all maps. The only one not suitable would be hamada which I tend not to play but even in airborne/operations I can make it work.

The smokes are what are the equalizers and allows you to get close. Most people don't use the smokes correctly. Well let me rephrase that most people don't use the smokes efficiently.

Sure, medics could stand to get some kind range weapons but I think if you gave medics broken slrs than it is on assault, the balance would shift to the medic class almost immediately. The meta would change. I'm sure that's what dice saw in their play testing.

They would need to Rework slrs before they do that

No I agree, SLRs need a complete rework. I think pistol carbines will be fine if DICE balances them properly but to balance the carbines they need to balance the dmrs first IMO.

@TEKNOCODE the EMP is quite nice, I was doing really well with it until I went and tried the 599 rpm MP34, those two guns have made me a much better player in the last couple of weeks.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you're not abusing the speed boost/movement, self heal and smokes i don't want to hear about "this class sucks" because they clearly aren't using it to its full potential. Its easily my best class(with an effect on the game and score potential) and i main assault.
  • Pelliy
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    If you're not abusing the speed boost/movement, self heal and smokes i don't want to hear about "this class sucks" because they clearly aren't using it to its full potential. Its easily my best class(with an effect on the game and score potential) and i main assault.

I'm not aware of that. Is that the default combat role? If it's not, I'm going to change it to that.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17

I'm not aware of that. Is that the default combat role? If it's not, I'm going to change it to that.

First Combat Role

You receive a speed boost as soon as you Q a downed teammate. Its very noticeable and can be deadly in quick engagements. Of course since a down player can be halfway across the map you can still q him and receive the boost even if you cant reach him.

The fact that you can spam heals /revives constantly and speed boost to sites quickly is why my spm is over 750 on medic
  • bran1986

The speed boost comes in handy.