Problem with mouse freezing/temporarily stopping

ballFetcher
119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
At random intervals the mouse stops working (at most once per round). Keyboard continue to work and after going prone/hiding and hoping the mouse comes back to play. Anyone noticed this, know a solution? It started some patches ago, but not sure which one. Only happens in BFV.

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    1740 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Did you try to disable Origin in-game overlay, Discord overlay? Also, close Teamviewer if you use it.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This happens to me.. For me its caused by me shocking my mouse with static.

• ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ha, like static electricity? Origin overlay is on, isn't that interface needed in order for friends to join? Discord might be on but is not used currently. Will try disabling those two. Thanks for tips.
  • ballFetcher
    I mean, if i start a game and friends later want to join they can join me but i cant see them? Often playing on lunch at work so its impossible to coordinate things across several work places :-)
  • ballFetcher
    @IIPrest0nII thanks you for the tip. Turned off Origin overlay yesterday and it did not freeze during 5 rounds or so. Seems to be the problem.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1740 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @IIPrest0nII thanks you for the tip. Turned off Origin overlay yesterday and it did not freeze during 5 rounds or so. Seems to be the problem.

Glad to help! :)
  • ballFetcher
    @IIPrest0nII i have a new (conspiracy) theory since this problem came back even when Origin overlay is shut down (and other similar software). Its due to somewhere along the patch line the TAB key was introduced as the inventory key for firestorm. Thus something in the logic handling that key eventually leads to this problem when I'm using TAB for the prone position (its large and useful since I'm piratically blind and stupid)! To be clear, just got the same bug in my first game of Firestorm instantly after first TAB use (died very fast). Please convey this to our overlords! Cheers
  • ballFetcher
    edited March 25
    Confirmed it happened a second round of firestorm. Using tab stops the mouse input for some reason, in my case until it is released even if it is a 1-5 minutes pause. It seems it is possible to work around it by pressing tab multiple time, i.e., it might enable mouse controls (tens of times is needed sometimes). This is a simple bug to fix, implement a controller for input events, stop using the graphics department for "logical" decisions. :-)
    Post edited by ballFetcher on
  • g0merpile
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At random intervals the mouse stops working (at most once per round). Keyboard continue to work and after going prone/hiding and hoping the mouse comes back to play. Anyone noticed this, know a solution? It started some patches ago, but not sure which one. Only happens in BFV.

what mouse
  • ballFetcher
    Steelseries 300 (Designed in Denmark, which was odd to read but nice). Using latest "SteelSeries Engine 3" (defaults).
  • ballFetcher
    Also know as Rival 300.
  • WWDAC
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me all the time. Starts fine but as soon as I'm killed and respawn the mouse stops working. That is if the game doesn't freeze then go to a black screen followed by server disconnect first. Seems they fix one problem, like seeing dead people driving invisible vehicles, and introduce two others. 
  • SteveZee
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are your key mappings like? Is tab set to anything the mouse is using?

All i can suggest is that you check your mouse settings in game and in the system tray. Make sure macros aren't set up. 

Check windows mouse settings too. Beyond that it must be a game bug. Ive never had that issue.