How to improve your aim at Battlefield 5 (and your tracking!)

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's great to hear of your progress, good work mate! Thx for sharing.
    I'm gonna check it out to see if it can help me too.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait. I thought aiming good in bf5 makes you a hacker?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »

Yes, according to the chat it often does.
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »

Yes, according to the chat it often does.
    It also makes you a hacker to play on the official low settings on Arras where the yellow grass vanishes after like 100m leaving people inside exposed
  • Kongo030
    636 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm always wall hacking with my Tiger's 88.

@TO how many minutes do you "waste" with this training? Is it like 5 minutes warm up before playing or longer sessions everyday? In the end it's most important to play every day. Long breaks take me a while to get back to my past performance. Also relaxing is important. If I come home stressed out and immediately jump on the PS4 I end up 0:5 in the first round and turn into a rage kid. Maybe if the aim training also helps to relax it would be a good thing.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was practicing aiming a little with the skeet shooting in the traing range in game. It's decent for practicing quick scoping or target tracking.
  • chainloose
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    i mean the practice range isnt bad , but its kinda bad , really what you need in a practice range is something like Aimlab has , thats a real training tool where you learn pure mechanical skill , its pushes you forward , there are leaderboards so you can compare how good you did vs other people , your stats are always there so you see what you are bad at , and there is AI implemented meaning wherever there are weeknesess detected the AI will try to help you fix them by spawning more balls in your weak areas.
  • chainloose
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I was practicing aiming a little with the skeet shooting in the traing range in game. It's decent for practicing quick scoping or target tracking.

you are never gonna learn how to track accurately if the target moves in a predictible way , what you do if someone starts to ADAD ? tracking exercises need to emulate this inpredictible factor for them to be efficient at teaching you how to track.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

you are never gonna learn how to track accurately if the target moves in a predictible way , what you do if someone starts to ADAD ? tracking exercises need to emulate this inpredictible factor for them to be efficient at teaching you how to track.

The thing is, my aim is already fine. I was just practicing quick scopes. It's still not a bad starting point.

I've got a 2.77 overall KDR with my highest being Support at 3.23 KDR.

I wouldn't be against adding less predictable targets to the practice range of course.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The thing is, my aim is already fine. I was just practicing quick scopes. It's still not a bad starting point.

I wouldn't be against adding less predictable targets to the practice range of course.

It's not just about raw aim but it's about consistency. For example of you have four guys in front of you and have to react fast, you could do so more efficiently than having g to fall back for cover. This is one reason why people aim train.

Iso your aim might be fine but things like this leads to more APM (actions per min) which can translate into more kills per min which can turn you into a better player.
  • Sixclicks
    Pelliy wrote: »

It's not just about raw aim but it's about consistency. For example of you have four guys in front of you and have to react fast, you could do so more efficiently than having g to fall back for cover. This is one reason why people aim train.

Iso your aim might be fine but things like this leads to more APM (actions per min) which can translate into more kills per min which can turn you into a better player.

I think my kills per minute is fine too at 1.35 currently. I've got 1.52 with assault and 1.40 with support. It's been increasing ever since I started using the assault and support classes more than recon which struggles at engaging multiple opponents over a short period of time. Recon is still my most played class though. The other classes are just a lot easier to do well with. Besides medic which I don't really play.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.

Personally I imagine I will be going down, since I've now fully golded all SMGs, ARs, Semis, LMGs and Shotguns, next up will be SLRs. My Scout KD is about 2, so I will have to up my game considerably to not have it start dragging the overall down. Though I don't particularly mind if that happens.

I'm still struggling to decide whether I will even attempt bolt actions and MMGs. I would love to play bolts, but it's not fun getting owned on the objectives. And I hate everything about MMGs.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Personally I imagine I will be going down, since I've now fully golded all SMGs, ARs, Semis, LMGs and Shotguns, next up will be SLRs. My Scout KD is about 2, so I will have to up my game considerably to not have it start dragging the overall down. Though I don't particularly mind if that happens.

I'm still struggling to decide whether I will even attempt bolt actions and MMGs. I would love to play bolts, but it's not fun getting owned on the objectives. And I hate everything about MMGs.

If you gold plate the SLRs, bolt action will be a walk in the park. I've done all types and for me the SLRs were by far the hardest. MMGs are among the easiest to gold plate even if they are not that fun to play. I imagine they are even easier now when the bipod works better than when I did my latest one.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    olavafar wrote: »

If you gold plate the SLRs, bolt action will be a walk in the park. I've done all types and for me the SLRs were by far the hardest. MMGs are among the easiest to gold plate even if they are not that fun to play. I imagine they are even easier now when the bipod works better than when I did my latest one.

Good to know. Though I imagine everything is ezpz for a beast like yourself :-). Perhaps the hardest part for me will be to modify my playstyle to fit those weapon classes. Patience is not one of my strong suits.
  • chainloose

i dont doubt that you have a decent aim , but i dont aim train to get a good aim , i train to reach my top aim abilities
    for example of really good aim check this video

or this one

• olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Good to know. Though I imagine everything is ezpz for a beast like yourself :-). Perhaps the hardest part for me will be to modify my playstyle to fit those weapon classes. Patience is not one of my strong suits.

Patience lol... why do you think my k/d is barely > 1? Well it is not because I wait for a good moment to run up to that objective. My general method of gathering intelligence about the other team is by letting them kill me so I can come back again and again and again... For some assignments (looking at kills > 60m) one have to be more passive (so odd to run away from the objective to get the distance...) but even I had k/d of well above 5 in the round I did that assignment so I do not think you'll need to worry about your k/d dropping due to that.
  • MachoFantast1c0

Patience lol... why do you think my k/d is barely > 1? Well it is not because I wait for a good moment to run up to that objective. My general method of gathering intelligence about the other team is by letting them kill me so I can come back again and again and again... For some assignments (looking at kills > 60m) one have to be more passive (so odd to run away from the objective to get the distance...) but even I had k/d of well above 5 in the round I did that assignment so I do not think you'll need to worry about your k/d dropping due to that.

Lol, I bet you run the Liberator as well since Kolibri is no more. Damn you, now I think I must complete all of the assignments. I'm gonna need you to run point then, gathering that valuable intelligence ;-).
  • Sixclicks

Recon is currently my lowest stat class even though it's my most played. I don't include medic since I've got less than an hour play time with it.

stats.png
  • MachoFantast1c0

Recon is currently my lowest stat class even though it's my most played. I don't include medic since I've got less than an hour play time with it.

stats.png

My class-specific KD/KPM distribution mirrors yours pretty accurately. Though I've played scout considerably less, but that is about to change. Will be interesting to see where I end up.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    I've now been training with AimLab for a bit over five weeks, and there is no question that it considerably improves your in-game performance. My speed, consistency and precision have all gone up significantly, with a 15-30 minute daily time investment. This can be seen both in AimLab statistics and BF gameplay. My training regimen currently consists of one or more of the following exercises:

- Spidershot precision
    - Spidershot speed
    - Spidershot ultimate
    - Reactionshot standard
    - Reactionshot precision
    - Multishot

I have a certain baseline I strive for, and repeat an exercise until I hit it at least, slowing moving it up. In multishot I can currently achieve 90+ accuracy at ~1200ms response time. I'd like to get that up to 95/1000. Also I need to start doing tracking exercises.