Do not buy this game, let me tell you why

5bulletsSLR
57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

Comments

• ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OOR threads so soon? Lol
  • Dr_X2345
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Have you tried playing this game with a ping over 150? It's not pleasant or easy to play that way at all. It doesn't turn you in to Superman either.

Exactly. Occasionally if other people in the house are using multiple internet connections my ping will spike for a few seconds, up to 150-200 normally, and it's not a good experience. Ok, maybe it's harder to hit someone where they're bouncing around, but at the same time they can't really hit you because they're flying around on their screen as well.

Also, can I just say that that's a pretty bad excuse to not buy? It's like £25 at the moment, and the issue you're talking about is like less than 1% of players. Yes, there are issues, but they do seem to be being ironed out (slowly), and at that price I would say if people are looking into buying the game then they should.
  • WetFishDB
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

Been playing with a ping of 11 and have no problem whatsoever on EU servers on PS4 anyway. Sure you occasionally get a high pinger (or a handful every now and then) but it rarely makes that much difference overall to the gameplay.

If you are having that much trouble hitting enemies, I’d argue it’s probably got less to do with their ping than you are claiming.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    I honestly have zero problem with low ping. My shots mostly seem to land and I would guess that a wide margin of those that don't are operator error. If you can't beast in any BF game, are you really trying?
  • Dr_X2345
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Been playing with a ping of 11 and have no problem whatsoever on EU servers on PS4 anyway. Sure you occasionally get a high pinger (or a handful every now and then) but it rarely makes that much difference overall to the gameplay.

If you are having that much trouble hitting enemies, I’d argue it’s probably got less to do with their ping than you are claiming.

Yep. Might be different in other regions, but on the European servers it's basically a non-issue - most people have a ping of less than 50, although some people (such as myself) do occasionally spike up.
    Speaking of that - does anyone know if a wired connection would help with that at all? I was considering it.
  • GrinddalDDG
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

Yep. Might be different in other regions, but on the European servers it's basically a non-issue - most people have a ping of less than 50, although some people (such as myself) do occasionally spike up.
    Speaking of that - does anyone know if a wired connection would help with that at all? I was considering it.

My internet provider told me that, yes a wire ensures a more stable connection with less spikes.

I play on Euro servers as I am based in Denmark, and I usually ping between 12-25, sometimes less, sometimes a little more, but often see players with pings over 100.
  • GrinddalDDG
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Dr_X2345 Yes, a wire ensures a more stable connection.
  • WetFishDB
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

Yeah. Occasionally get a few players north of 150, but it’s never like it’s a game breaking problem. I can’t remember the last time I saw someone with a massive ping topping the leaderboard etc.

And I definitely got much less packet loss when went wired. May not affect your ping that much (but might a bit). As for spikes, it really depends what’s causing them, but it certainly shouldn’t make them any worse.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This argument again? Some people are going to say playing with high ping is a horrible experience , and the high ping player won't do well. While I've watched scoreboards in bf1 and bfv it does seem like the majority of players at or above 150ms aren't doing well. But some do amazing. Seems like when someone has a very fluctuating ping they can be very hard to kill.
    I'm no expert, but in my experience when there are many high ping players in a server gameplay can suffer. Oddly it isn't all of the time.
    If high ping players don't cause issues why did pc players have servers with ping limits? And the dev mischkag (was that his name?) admitted as much in a bf1thread about hit detection.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao. Here we go again.
    Look it's def alot harder to play at 150 ping. I did it yesterday on EU with about 155 ping. I have to slightly lead my shots and the recoil feels mudded / out of wack. I have to pre prepare for engagements since I will lose the gun fight heads up. Will this stop me from being on top on my team no but it will make it harder. Remember even though it's harder there are still different skill levels to factor.

Do high ping players cause issues with server stability sure if there is a abundance of them but I wouldn't call it remotely an advantage.
  • Lt-Rapido
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I some times join my EU friends in their servers and one of them has a ping between 3 - 5 at times and is difficult to kill when I play against him. How is that even possible?
  • WetFishDB
    This argument again? Some people are going to say playing with high ping is a horrible experience , and the high ping player won't do well. While I've watched scoreboards in bf1 and bfv it does seem like the majority of players at or above 150ms aren't doing well. But some do amazing. Seems like when someone has a very fluctuating ping they can be very hard to kill.
    I'm no expert, but in my experience when there are many high ping players in a server gameplay can suffer. Oddly it isn't all of the time.
    If high ping players don't cause issues why did pc players have servers with ping limits? And the dev mischkag (was that his name?) admitted as much in a bf1thread about hit detection.

The reason why you see people with high ping all over the scoreboard is that it’s ability more than ping that has a bigger determines influence on how well someone does. A medium-high ping can be both an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the situation. That said, I doubt many would do well with a ping above the cut off for client side hit detection, it’s a god awful experience for those players.

It is true that too many high pingers, or players with lots of jitter it can cause problems with hit detection. The thing is, most people aren’t playing with a high ping for the fun of it, it’s mostly likely the only way they can play. Which is why this notion of ping caps or region locked servers is quite divisive. It doesn’t help that some regions have much less players in region, so some areas have a much more problematic experience.

The only reason I tend to pipe up on these threads is those claiming they can’t do well because their ping is too good. It’s just utter nonsense and about the laziest excuse I’ve ever heard. The usual commentator propagating that excuse for their mediocrity is thankfully absent from this thread
  • MAJWolfcookies
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The reason to not buy (in addition to the endless bugs and crap netcode issues) is that this game gets really old and stale after a few days. Content is sorely lacking and frankly, the game is very forgettable... It feels like a hollowed out game w/ no real soul or anything interesting about it. The game feels like a free-mium game in its skinny content, UI, bugs, and lack of basic features.

If you're thinking about buying it, wait for a big sale.
  • Vycinas2
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried playing this game with a ping over 150? It's not pleasant or easy to play that way at all. It doesn't turn you in to Superman either.

I have played quite a bit on West US servers from UK. Playing with ping of 155-175 was like eating a cherry of the cake. It didnt turn me into superman, but I dominated lobby after lobby. I had to predict enemy movement and gunfights and because of that locals struggled to kill me.

While playing in local Uk server with ping of 9-12ms I do have great hitreg on everyone even those lagging arabs/asians and africans, but I often die 1-2 seconds after diving for cover
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

I have played quite a bit on West US servers from UK. Playing with ping of 155-175 was like eating a cherry of the cake. It didnt turn me into superman, but I dominated lobby after lobby. I had to predict enemy movement and gunfights and because of that locals struggled to kill me.

While playing in local Uk server with ping of 9-12ms I do have great hitreg on everyone even those lagging arabs/asians and africans, but I often die 1-2 seconds after diving for cover

YOu would have died just the same by enemies with local ping though. It does not change exposure time, you are visible for the exact time in both conditions.It is just more frustrating because you possibly were in cover on your screen, however you were dead either way.
  • Vycinas2
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

YOu would have died just the same by enemies with local ping though. It does not change exposure time, you are visible for the exact time in both conditions.It is just more frustrating because you possibly were in cover on your screen, however you were dead either way.

If we were speaking about BF4 I would 100% agree with you cause its true. But in BFV i never died once going for cover while playing out region. I should have some spare time next weekend so I will record few videos of playing OOR and Local for comparison.
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I had enough decent servers in my region I would play locally, but unfortunately there isn't, so I have to resort to playing overseas.

Also, you get used to the ping in a FPS game, it has it's ups and downs.

Then again, <3 to Rek scrubs all day on EU.

dwTlBXZ.jpg
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thought I'd have a go playing out of region but it didn't quite go to plan as I'd say my 96 ping put me in the lowest 25% on the server.
  • ElliotLH
    5784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I truly wish I had your experience as when I play with a friend on US West servers (ping usually around 160 - 170 vs 80 - 90 on US East vs 17 on EU) the only thing that keeps me going is his chat. I struggle to hit anyone even with leading etc, bullets don't seem to register and I appear to insta-die. Now I wouldn't dominate regardless of this but I don't even feel competitive one these servers.

Btw I'm not disbelieving your experience at all - I just never have a good one myself.