Can we please stop hating on BF1

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can we just throw that smg 08 / double gas nade/ medic train slanging/ sweetspot meta in the garbage please and thank you.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is the better game, hands down.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is so bad that makes ppl think that BF1 wasn’t all that bad... sad!
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BF1 has its own issues but saying it's a bad game is very VERY subjective. It's the same thing if you say Metro is the best bf map ever.
  • Minigun991
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP’s thread history devalues his own opinions.

People are entitled to opinions just like you are allowed to start threads about how much firestorm is going to suck and your own personal tragedy of being stuck in a tank with *gasp* a woman driver.

This shows the amount of effort you put into reading something.

I never said firestorm would suck. I said that the priority should be making the core game better, with new modes and maps, and that chasing trends could be dangerous for the battlefield players.

As for only girls driving a tank. Pick up a history book. Besides, I said it should be a 50-50 chance, or people should get the choice to change their gender.

Get over yourself bud.

• sabootheshaman
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    C
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    OP’s thread history devalues his own opinions.

People are entitled to opinions just like you are allowed to start threads about how much firestorm is going to suck and your own personal tragedy of being stuck in a tank with *gasp* a woman driver.

This shows the amount of effort you put into reading something.

I never said firestorm would suck. I said that the priority should be making the core game better, with new modes and maps, and that chasing trends could be dangerous for the battlefield players.

As for only girls driving a tank. Pick up a history book. Besides, I said it should be a 50-50 chance, or people should get the choice to change their gender.

Get over yourself bud.
    Not your bud pal. 😉

Seriously though. Stop telling people what to think and do. Your threads are full of histrionics.

I don’t hate either. I don’t think many people did.

You create these threads looking for some sort of engagement obviously. Im not sure what your end goal is.
  • herodes87
    1240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blame YouTubers for it.

They pushed that "BF1 is a easy Casual Game." Thing.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Blame YouTubers for it.

it is a casual easy game.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blame YouTubers for it.

It was though.

1. Elites and Behemoths break the "finely tuned" balance between infantry, vehicles etc. by having pick-ups that give 3x+ the health of normal infantry and vehicles. Basically there to give "casuals" BAMF moments, but when in the hands of good players they actually ruined servers.
    2. Lock-on insta kill melee, totally unnecessary to make melee so powerful in a SHOOTER, and is totally unavoidable so you couldn't even "out skill" enemies cheesing you with it.
    3. Weapon customization dumbed down from previous games, because it was "too complicated". Became pick 1 of 3, base variant, CQB variant, or ranged variant. Literally brainless.
    4. Sweet spots for snipers removed almost any kind of skill the class used to require.

That's just off the top of my head. In hindsight BF1 wasn't terrible, because BFV is much worse, but it was way more casual friendly. It just had a much higher skill ceiling and skill floor than BFV with its twitch shooting meta.
  • NLBartmaN
    2926 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blame YouTubers for it.

It was though.

1. Elites and Behemoths break the "finely tuned" balance between infantry, vehicles etc. by having pick-ups that give 3x+ the health of normal infantry and vehicles. Basically there to give "casuals" BAMF moments, but when in the hands of good players they actually ruined servers.
    2. Lock-on insta kill melee, totally unnecessary to make melee so powerful in a SHOOTER, and is totally unavoidable so you couldn't even "out skill" enemies cheesing you with it.
    3. Weapon customization dumbed down from previous games, because it was "too complicated". Became pick 1 of 3, base variant, CQB variant, or ranged variant. Literally brainless.
    4. Sweet spots for snipers removed almost any kind of skill the class used to require.

That's just off the top of my head. In hindsight BF1 wasn't terrible, because BFV is much worse, but it was way more casual friendly. It just had a much higher skill ceiling and skill floor than BFV with its twitch shooting meta.

Every assault is a Elite now, with enough explosives to destroy a tank, insane low TTK, 3x scope and insane accuracy ... :D

How casual and easy do you want to make it?

The game is complete boring, annoying, unbalanced like crazy with all the idiot weapon customizations, predictable and repetitive.

All BF1 was not, because of all the things you mentioned.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Boring springs to mind, needs more diverse maps, and mortars, almost every world war 2 film or series has mortars, but not Battlefield v... It does not relate with anything. BF1 at least had the trench war and echoed what I know and read.
  • GrinddalDDG
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I DO NOT GET IT, BF 1 was great imo.

BF V is not harder imo, the gun control s historically easy, and the weapons are all pin point accurate.

It just caters to a very passive playstyle, makes it more of snooze fest, but not harder.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17

BF1 has its own issues but saying it's a bad game is very VERY subjective. It's the same thing if you say Metro is the best bf map ever.

I said BFV is so bad that makes ppl think BF1 wasn’t all that bad... lol. Reading comprehension is hard.

However, BF1 was pretty bad. BFHL bad. IMO = subjective.
  • bran1986
    5472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is my second favorite Battlefield game(bf2 my favorite) and hopefully DICE goes back and revisits BF1 for some inspiration for the next BF game.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    BF1 was easily the worst BF in the franchise - those that like it can f&*k off :smiley:
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    BF1 was a great game. There were some mechanics and other features that I didn't like, but overall it was a fun game to play. The first 6 months were pretty slow on new content much like this game though.

BF1 is more action packed while BFV oftentimes feels like a slow crawl and a camper's paradise.

I don't think BFV is really harder. The weapons are a lot easier to use except for recon weapons. BFV recon is definitely a lot harder.

You just have to play BFV a little more conservatively and you'll be doing just about as good or better than you were in BF1.
  • DirtyDog1974
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People may hate on BF1, but playing this crapfest of a game makes me pine for it.
  • DirtyDog1974
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Can we just throw that smg 08 / double gas nade/ medic train slanging/ sweetspot meta in the garbage please and thank you.

I take it you didn't do well in BF1, your hate is obvious. Clearly you enjoy the easymode, twitchfest of this game. Read a lot of your posts, definitely an elitist.
  • TyroneLoyd
    edited March 17
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

I take it you didn't do well in BF1, your hate is obvious. Clearly you enjoy the easymode, twitchfest of this game. Read a lot of your posts, definitely an elitist.

Didn't do well Pahahaha good joke

No I didnt enjoy the gun play of the game and the cheesy mechanics.

Does that mean I enjoy bfvs cheese just as much no. Keep making assumptions though. I'm sure your great at it.

The nerve lmao
  • TyroneLoyd
    edited March 17
    Let me add a little something else. Before stat bashing someone for there opinion of a game that they have over 1000hrs on you might want to look them up before hand.
    Clearly thats the only argument you can form against me.