War Stories challenge glitch?

snakeater418
247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I've completed the 2nd and 3rd chapters of Nordlys, including the challenges and letters. The 1st shows that I still need to reach the resistance fighter without being discovered but once in the game it shows completed. I've done it again just to make sure and still nothing. Not sure how, if possible, to solve this on PS4.

Comments

• MurfCr
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bunch of war stories have glitches that will keep you from getting a completion. For my play several letters were missing even when I got the "in letter area" notification.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This annoyance has been around since launch. The PS4 steps in this thread might hopefully help you like the XB1 steps did me: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9xihbd/how_to_fix_glitched_war_stories_challengesletters/
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    This annoyance has been around since launch. The PS4 steps in this thread might hopefully help you like the XB1 steps did me: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9xihbd/how_to_fix_glitched_war_stories_challengesletters/

Yeah, I read that too but I'm not really sure how to do all of that.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Yeah, I read that too but I'm not really sure how to do all of that.

It does seem more confusing on PS4 than what I had to do on my Xbox. Maybe it'd be worth seeing if there's a video on Youtube which will help you through the steps?
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its very simple, back up your save game data to usb stick, disconnect usb stick, delete save game data from ps4, launch V, replay intro and go to the mission thats bugged only complete what was glitched before (like finding letters) in the chapter and thats it.
    Melee item will show up in the armory>shipments

After that you can close V reconnect usb stick and copy save game data file from it to your ps4, click overwrite and thats it.

Rinse and repeat for every SP mission.
  • BatERD93
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I just completed the Last Tiger last night and had the same issue, I drove about 1000 feet and shot a group of Soldiers, then decided to exit the application and restart it to see if that would work, and it did, once the game loaded up the Last Tiger skin was in my armory, might be worth trying it that way, cuz I think what I did was I tricked the game into overriding the data where I didn't have the last challenge done with a file were I did. So I'd maybe try the next part of the chapter ( if you finished a challenge on 1 to complete it then get like halfway through 2)