Special Assigments - DICE doesn't understand basics of BF gameplay...

BlindChance
481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 17
This subject has been brought up multiple times in the past. To put it simple DICE still is poor at designing their in-game challenges.

Take for example the "Combat Medic - Combat Role Challenge": Melee kills, explosive and fire damage for the medic class? How about heals, revives and smoke deployment? Start designing your game around its core gameplay mechanics. These challenges a great opportunity to teach players how to play the game and their class and you fail to take advantage of it.

https://imgur.com/a/PDjIOBE

Comments

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just wait till you get to the SMG Mastery assignments.
  • OfficialGamerno1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess it fills out the game abit more. More Challanges to keep players happy. If thats a good or a bad thing, i dont know.
    I dont mind doing some "side-missions" for each class. Atleast it gives me something to do, rather then doing the same missions all over again. :)
  • EXILE157
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree! Even with (Tides of War Assignments) To me most of it is useless, you go out of your way to get these weapons which are weaker compared to the default weapons and you hardly use them in the field anyways.

The whole cosmetic in general are extremely expensive, limited, horrible and you still get to unlock them anyways through assignments.
    The coins system is stupid.
    The "XP Points" is stupid compared to BF4.

This has been the worst EA/DICE game to date.
  • SirBobdk
    3722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imagine if they have spent the time on more and better maps as well as balance and gameplay and not assignments, cosmetic and upgrade trees.
    The maybe we would have had an amazing game.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Imagine if they have spent the time on more and better maps as well as balance and gameplay and not assignments, cosmetic and upgrade trees.
    The maybe we would have had an amazing game.
    About the only overlap between those aspects of the game and the assignments, cosmetics and and upgrades is some texture modelling. They will have been put together by different teams.

In other words, the issues with the lack of maps are not especially strongly connected to "progression", in my opinion.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just wait till you get to the SMG Mastery assignments.

They are easy you should try the SLR, 10 headshots in objective area in one life m%$%$%$%%$
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    Don't be silly. You should also learn to punctuate.