Weekly BF

Do not buy this game, let me tell you why

Comments

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Have you tried playing this game with a ping over 150? It's not pleasant or easy to play that way at all. It doesn't turn you in to Superman either.

I have played quite a bit on West US servers from UK. Playing with ping of 155-175 was like eating a cherry of the cake. It didnt turn me into superman, but I dominated lobby after lobby. I had to predict enemy movement and gunfights and because of that locals struggled to kill me.

While playing in local Uk server with ping of 9-12ms I do have great hitreg on everyone even those lagging arabs/asians and africans, but I often die 1-2 seconds after diving for cover

I truly wish I had your experience as when I play with a friend on US West servers (ping usually around 160 - 170 vs 80 - 90 on US East vs 17 on EU) the only thing that keeps me going is his chat. I struggle to hit anyone even with leading etc, bullets don't seem to register and I appear to insta-die. Now I wouldn't dominate regardless of this but I don't even feel competitive one these servers.

Btw I'm not disbelieving your experience at all - I just never have a good one myself.

I used to have similar issues playing OOR with clan/friends several years ago before I got fibre optic installed. Dont know why but playing with broadband of 5-10mbps was really horrible experience, same as what you described.
  • ElliotLH
    8531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried playing this game with a ping over 150? It's not pleasant or easy to play that way at all. It doesn't turn you in to Superman either.

I have played quite a bit on West US servers from UK. Playing with ping of 155-175 was like eating a cherry of the cake. It didnt turn me into superman, but I dominated lobby after lobby. I had to predict enemy movement and gunfights and because of that locals struggled to kill me.

While playing in local Uk server with ping of 9-12ms I do have great hitreg on everyone even those lagging arabs/asians and africans, but I often die 1-2 seconds after diving for cover

I truly wish I had your experience as when I play with a friend on US West servers (ping usually around 160 - 170 vs 80 - 90 on US East vs 17 on EU) the only thing that keeps me going is his chat. I struggle to hit anyone even with leading etc, bullets don't seem to register and I appear to insta-die. Now I wouldn't dominate regardless of this but I don't even feel competitive one these servers.

Btw I'm not disbelieving your experience at all - I just never have a good one myself.

I used to have similar issues playing OOR with clan/friends several years ago before I got fibre optic installed. Dont know why but playing with broadband of 5-10mbps was really horrible experience, same as what you described.

I'm not technical enough to know why it's so bad when I do venture on to that part of the US. I do worry that I'm messing things up for everyone else when I do play on those servers though.

Thanks for the reminder about pre-broadband though. I've got not-so-fond memories of being with TalkTalk and having a ping over 1000 on EU servers before changing to BT. The rubberbanding was real hahaha.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

Ok first and for most you are attempted to spread false information or betterly known as "Trump's Campaign". "Super Bullets" are an illusion that only will appear on the person dying screen or perspective, thr person with the higher ping still shoots and kills in as many bullets on their screen or perspective. Please before you put on your tin foil hat and pick up your ed snowmen modified gaming controller or k/m do just a smidgen of research please. I mean not only was this discussed thoroughly in this forum but there is well informed videos made by battlenonsence on YT if reading is not your thing. I swear so of the user on here make me feel like I am listening to flat earthers but the earth is BFV, NASA is Dice and the gov't is EA. It isnt a conspiracy and all games that are online multiplayer will have network issues due to latency and devs have to figure out how to balance something that will always have variable inputs.
  • NLBartmaN
    3444 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

Ok first and for most you are attempted to spread false information or betterly known as "Trump's Campaign". "Super Bullets" are an illusion that only will appear on the person dying screen or perspective, thr person with the higher ping still shoots and kills in as many bullets on their screen or perspective. Please before you put on your tin foil hat and pick up your ed snowmen modified gaming controller or k/m do just a smidgen of research please. I mean not only was this discussed thoroughly in this forum but there is well informed videos made by battlenonsence on YT if reading is not your thing. I swear so of the user on here make me feel like I am listening to flat earthers but the earth is BFV, NASA is Dice and the gov't is EA. It isnt a conspiracy and all games that are online multiplayer will have network issues due to latency and devs have to figure out how to balance something that will always have variable inputs.

The information is NOT false, at least for console.

When a 100 plus pinger joins a server at which I am playing and I have Netgraph visible, the difference between client and server hit goes up.
    Next to that footstep audio gets issues and location of enemy players is delayed.

High pingers have a DIRECT influence on the experience of low ping players in BF V.

Battlenonsence even stated that in his YT video: with the 30 Hz console servers and limited frames the experience must be terrible.

The Netcode in BF V (in combination with limited frames, no Ping limit and servers (configuration) makes for a terrible experience.

Some players on this forum brought their console to another location where the ping was higher and got a lot better experience and less hitreg problems.

The information is true as can be.
  • Se7enX89X
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In my experience all the players with the best kdr at the end of each game are the players with the lowest ping so I guess I don't know what youre talking about. That's not to say that this game isn't broken but I just don't see how higher ping players have any advantage in this game.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf Servers need a Ping Limit thats for sure.
  • NLBartmaN
    Se7enX89X wrote: »

In my experience all the players with the best kdr at the end of each game are the players with the lowest ping so I guess I don't know what youre talking about. That's not to say that this game isn't broken but I just don't see how higher ping players have any advantage in this game.

The players with ping between 20 to 25 and 50 have best KDR ...on console

The players with the lowest ping (under 15ms) rarely have best KDR.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Ok first and for most you are attempted to spread false information or betterly known as "Trump's Campaign". "Super Bullets" are an illusion that only will appear on the person dying screen or perspective, thr person with the higher ping still shoots and kills in as many bullets on their screen or perspective. Please before you put on your tin foisky.i play and pick up your ed snowmen modified gaming controller or k/m do just a smidgen of research please. I mean not only was this discussed thoroughly in this forum but there is well informed videos made by battlenonsence on YT if reading is not your thing. I swear so of the user on here make me feel like I am listening to flat earthers but the earth is BFV, NASA is Dice and the gov't is EA. It isnt a conspiracy and all games that are online multiplayer will have network issues due to latency and devs have to figure out how to balance something that will always have variable inputs.

The information is NOT false, at least for console.

When a 100 plus pinger joins a server at which I am playing and I have Netgraph visible, the difference between client and server hit goes up.
    Next to that footstep audio gets issues and location of enemy players is delayed.

High pingers have a DIRECT influence on the experience of low ping players in BF V.

Battlenonsence even stated that in his YT video: with the 30 Hz console servers and limited frames the experience must be terrible.

The Netcode in BF V (in combination with limited frames, no Ping limit and servers (configuration) makes for a terrible experience.

Some players on this forum brought their console to another location where the ping was higher and got a lot better experience and less hitreg problems.

The information is true as can be.

i play in console and I still think you are misinformed. Yes battlenonsence would think that because he doesnt play on console and would probably notice a difference especially since he is a network engineer. Unfortunately even if they up the ping to 60hz you may not havea improved experience because the reason that it is capped at 30hz for consoles is because that is what most are locked by manufature at. I think the Xbox one x and possibly a ps4 pro(dont own one so I never looked it up) would actually have a smooth experience at 60hz. Pc players have more control over hardware so they have actually had higher then 60hz servers on bf1 at one point. You cant possibly have a server of low pings and you do have to give set rules that will balance player experience of different latency. Do you really think that by given an advantage to someone would make this game more playable? In theory it should but in reality it would make it unbalanced and kill it quicker then anything. Most people believe it or not are not playing on dedicted hardwire uber fast modems with no other traffic on them. Most times I am 1 of very few with a 15 ping or less when I play and I dont really see a disadvantage unless I choose a server that has 3 or less bars then I can tell that I am at a disadvantage. The network graph is great but you are claiming these "facts" when your tests are not controlled so it means you have way to many outside influences that could vary the results that do not contribute to DICE or the game.
  • NLBartmaN

i play in console and I still think you are misinformed. Yes battlenonsence would think that because he doesnt play on console and would probably notice a difference especially since he is a network engineer. Unfortunately even if they up the ping to 60hz you may not havea improved experience because the reason that it is capped at 30hz for consoles is because that is what most are locked by manufature at. I think the Xbox one x and possibly a ps4 pro(dont own one so I never looked it up) would actually have a smooth experience at 60hz. Pc players have more control over hardware so they have actually had higher then 60hz servers on bf1 at one point. You cant possibly have a server of low pings and you do have to give set rules that will balance player experience of different latency. Do you really think that by given an advantage to someone would make this game more playable? In theory it should but in reality it would make it unbalanced and kill it quicker then anything. Most people believe it or not are not playing on dedicted hardwire uber fast modems with no other traffic on them. Most times I am 1 of very few with a 15 ping or less when I play and I dont really see a disadvantage unless I choose a server that has 3 or less bars then I can tell that I am at a disadvantage. The network graph is great but you are claiming these "facts" when your tests are not controlled so it means you have way to many outside influences that could vary the results that do not contribute to DICE or the game.

The fact is, small gamemodes in BF1 had 60Hz and felt 10 times better.

Fact is: when they changed some limits and settings in BF1 for a short period of time, the game felt 10 times better, but (OOR) high pingers start to whine.

High pingers have a very negative impact on the experience of low pingers (under 10 to 15ms) in BF V on console, that is just a fact.

I can be many elements of BF V that are causing this, but the game is not even close to optimized for console.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can play great with any ping upto 100. Once over 100 it gets difficult so no idea what you are on about.
  • oXGeminiXo

The fact is, small gamemodes in BF1 had 60Hz and felt 10 times better.

Fact is: when they changed some limits and settings in BF1 for a short period of time, the game felt 10 times better, but (OOR) high pingers start to whine.

High pingers have a very negative impact on the experience of low pingers (under 10 to 15ms) in BF V on console, that is just a fact.

I can be many elements of BF V that are causing this, but the game is not even close to optimized for console.

You do know that most people on consoles that I have seen have above a 15ms ping so basically what you are saying is that most people playing this game ruin your playing experience. Causal gamers tend to just use WiFi and alot of people have families or friends using internet at the same time. Not to mention not all areas have high speed broadband and some isp providers throttle customers internet no matter what. There is no online multiplayer game that will ever meet your high standards.
  • NLBartmaN

You do know that most people on consoles that I have seen have above a 15ms ping so basically what you are saying is that most people playing this game ruin your playing experience. Causal gamers tend to just use WiFi and alot of people have families or friends using internet at the same time. Not to mention not all areas have high speed broadband and some isp providers throttle customers internet no matter what. There is no online multiplayer game that will ever meet your high standards.

There is no high standard: there were calculations on this forum that made clear that everyone with a ping above 60 is harder to kill and with BF current server setting (Hz) and Netcode create extra calculation in simulating hits etc.

The only thing that needs to be "fixed" is players with ping above 60ms or very instable ping should get less "compensation" or there needs to be a ping limit/no more heavy impact server hit simulation/confirmation, everything that slows down/impacts the server and consoles too much should be removed/toned down/optimized.

Or servers needs to get more capacity to handle all of this.

Once one of those players (with ping above 60 or very instable ping) joins a server, things get really bad for players with ping under 10-15ms.
    The impact is terrible on 64 player modes and annoying on 32 player modes.
  • WetFishDB
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Been playing with a ping of 11 and its made no difference (used to have a ping of around 25). Ability and ping aren’t as correlated as you suggest.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Been playing with a ping of 11 and its made no difference (used to have a ping of around 25). Ability and ping aren’t as correlated as you suggest.
    I play the same on east coast servers at 20-25 ping as I do on west coast servers at 52-58 ping. Maybe I need a ping of 19 to truly experience a difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • NLBartmaN

My client and server hit numbers difference clearly go up when high pingers are on the server.

You have that too?
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play via gameshare so i didnt buy it, nor will I buy or support anything from DICE/EA until I feel like they earned it. Until then, update those resumes 😎
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This argument again? Some people are going to say playing with high ping is a horrible experience , and the high ping player won't do well. While I've watched scoreboards in bf1 and bfv it does seem like the majority of players at or above 150ms aren't doing well. But some do amazing. Seems like when someone has a very fluctuating ping they can be very hard to kill.
    I'm no expert, but in my experience when there are many high ping players in a server gameplay can suffer. Oddly it isn't all of the time.
    If high ping players don't cause issues why did pc players have servers with ping limits? And the dev mischkag (was that his name?) admitted as much in a bf1thread about hit detection.

The usual commentator propagating that excuse for their mediocrity is thankfully absent from this thread
    Hello.
  • WetFishDB
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My client and server hit numbers difference clearly go up when high pingers are on the server.

You have that too?

I genuinely wouldn’t know. I don’t play with Netgraph on hunting for excuses for my performance. I just get on with it, play my game, and do the best I can.

Fact: Almost all of the time when I die its either because I miss my shots, I’m caught out of cover, had low health, hit from multiple directions, or just bettered.

Fact: Almost all of the time when I get a kill it’s because I had good aim, used cover effectively, flanked and got them from behind, or outplayed them etc.

I know that lots of high pingers can cause simulation problems, and fortunately in the EU it’s much less rare than other regions, but for the ~0.1% of times when it feels like there’s a genuine hit detection issue it’s really not worth my time worrying about.
  • WetFishDB
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

I play the same on east coast servers at 20-25 ping as I do on west coast servers at 52-58 ping. Maybe I need a ping of 19 to truly experience a difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s just genuinely not as big a problem as some people make out. I play with a few others with pings in the low 10’s and they have no problem whatsoever too.

It’s obviously true that lots of high pingers, or players with lots of jitter can cause server problems - but for most of us it happens so infrequently that it really doesn’t make that much of a difference. It does affect some regions much more than others. But also some people just like to exaggerate the problem.
  • NLBartmaN

I genuinely wouldn’t know. I don’t play with Netgraph on hunting for excuses for my performance. I just get on with it, play my game, and do the best I can.

Fact: Almost all of the time when I die its either because I miss my shots, I’m caught out of cover, had low health, hit from multiple directions, or just bettered.

Fact: Almost all of the time when I get a kill it’s because I had good aim, used cover effectively, flanked and got them from behind, or outplayed them etc.

I know that lots of high pingers can cause simulation problems, and fortunately in the EU it’s much less rare than other regions, but for the ~0.1% of times when it feels like there’s a genuine hit detection issue it’s really not worth my time worrying about.

AAAAH there we have it: so because YOU think it is an excuse it can't be the truth.

Maybe you are just one of the lucky ones that is not infected by it ... but I know it is hard to believe someone else has something if you have not ...

But it is easier to say and believe everyone that is infected by it uses it as excuse ...

Numbers don't lie: once some idiot OOR player or some idiot that plays on Wifi joins a server where I am at, the difference between client and server hit goes up and annoying crap starts to happen.

I had that issue on BF1 too and it was suddenly a lot less when the famous limits were changed and the whole game felt totally different.

Also the fact that the impact is a lot less when I play 32 player modes says nothing about the fact the server (capacity)/Netcode/configuration has nothing to do with it ... yeah right.

Battlenonsense made it clear and said it: 30Hz servers, limited frames on console and the Netcode in BF V is just BAD.