Do not buy this game, let me tell you why

Comments

  • oXGeminiXo
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »

    You do know that most people on consoles that I have seen have above a 15ms ping so basically what you are saying is that most people playing this game ruin your playing experience. Causal gamers tend to just use WiFi and alot of people have families or friends using internet at the same time. Not to mention not all areas have high speed broadband and some isp providers throttle customers internet no matter what. There is no online multiplayer game that will ever meet your high standards.

    There is no high standard: there were calculations on this forum that made clear that everyone with a ping above 60 is harder to kill and with BF current server setting (Hz) and Netcode create extra calculation in simulating hits etc.

    The only thing that needs to be "fixed" is players with ping above 60ms or very instable ping should get less "compensation" or there needs to be a ping limit/no more heavy impact server hit simulation/confirmation, everything that slows down/impacts the server and consoles too much should be removed/toned down/optimized.

    Or servers needs to get more capacity to handle all of this.

    Once one of those players (with ping above 60 or very instable ping) joins a server, things get really bad for players with ping under 10-15ms.
    The impact is terrible on 64 player modes and annoying on 32 player modes.

    I'm sorry bout this is a pointless thread and a big part of me feels like it is a ping shaming or I just upgraded my internet brag fest. I play one xbox with 14 ping mostly and very rarely will i run into any hit reg problems and if I do I just compensate and shoot more in front or more behind and keep going. If you are persitently having a issue with this game I really wonder if you can even play half of the games out there because they have the same if not worst hit reg problems. You tell people not to buy and give a reason but I honestly dont see a huge amount of support from elite pingers as yourself.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

    I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

    Ok first and for most you are attempted to spread false information or betterly known as "Trump's Campaign". "Super Bullets" are an illusion that only will appear on the person dying screen or perspective, thr person with the higher ping still shoots and kills in as many bullets on their screen or perspective. Please before you put on your tin foisky.i play and pick up your ed snowmen modified gaming controller or k/m do just a smidgen of research please. I mean not only was this discussed thoroughly in this forum but there is well informed videos made by battlenonsence on YT if reading is not your thing. I swear so of the user on here make me feel like I am listening to flat earthers but the earth is BFV, NASA is Dice and the gov't is EA. It isnt a conspiracy and all games that are online multiplayer will have network issues due to latency and devs have to figure out how to balance something that will always have variable inputs.

    The information is NOT false, at least for console.

    When a 100 plus pinger joins a server at which I am playing and I have Netgraph visible, the difference between client and server hit goes up.
    Next to that footstep audio gets issues and location of enemy players is delayed.

    High pingers have a DIRECT influence on the experience of low ping players in BF V.

    Battlenonsence even stated that in his YT video: with the 30 Hz console servers and limited frames the experience must be terrible.

    The Netcode in BF V (in combination with limited frames, no Ping limit and servers (configuration) makes for a terrible experience.

    Some players on this forum brought their console to another location where the ping was higher and got a lot better experience and less hitreg problems.

    The information is true as can be.

    i play in console and I still think you are misinformed. Yes battlenonsence would think that because he doesnt play on console and would probably notice a difference especially since he is a network engineer. Unfortunately even if they up the ping to 60hz you may not havea improved experience because the reason that it is capped at 30hz for consoles is because that is what most are locked by manufature at. I think the Xbox one x and possibly a ps4 pro(dont own one so I never looked it up) would actually have a smooth experience at 60hz. Pc players have more control over hardware so they have actually had higher then 60hz servers on bf1 at one point. You cant possibly have a server of low pings and you do have to give set rules that will balance player experience of different latency. Do you really think that by given an advantage to someone would make this game more playable? In theory it should but in reality it would make it unbalanced and kill it quicker then anything. Most people believe it or not are not playing on dedicted hardwire uber fast modems with no other traffic on them. Most times I am 1 of very few with a 15 ping or less when I play and I dont really see a disadvantage unless I choose a server that has 3 or less bars then I can tell that I am at a disadvantage. The network graph is great but you are claiming these "facts" when your tests are not controlled so it means you have way to many outside influences that could vary the results that do not contribute to DICE or the game.

    Listen, go to the bf1 forums and there is a thread in the xbox section , I think its under hit registration. A dev regularly participated there. Think it was Misckag. He did say high ping players could cause and do cause others to have a bad experience in a server. There is also a forum member, Revoverdrive I think? He is very knowledgeable and has explained many times the how's and why's of this subject. Some people still refuse to acknowledge the fact that high ping can cause problems.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Se7enX89X wrote: »

    In my experience all the players with the best kdr at the end of each game are the players with the lowest ping so I guess I don't know what youre talking about. That's not to say that this game isn't broken but I just don't see how higher ping players have any advantage in this game.

    The players with ping between 20 to 25 and 50 have best KDR ...on console

    The players with the lowest ping (under 15ms) rarely have best KDR.

    Been playing with a ping of 11 and its made no difference (used to have a ping of around 25). Ability and ping aren’t as correlated as you suggest.
    I play the same on east coast servers at 20-25 ping as I do on west coast servers at 52-58 ping. Maybe I need a ping of 19 to truly experience a difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️


    It’s just genuinely not as big a problem as some people make out. I play with a few others with pings in the low 10’s and they have no problem whatsoever too.

    It’s obviously true that lots of high pingers, or players with lots of jitter can cause server problems - but for most of us it happens so infrequently that it really doesn’t make that much of a difference. It does affect some regions much more than others. But also some people just like to exaggerate the problem.
    Hey wetfish,
    I pretty much agree with what you say. It is rare that you encounter too many high ping players in a server. And I'm barely even playing bfv anymore so not sure if high ping players are a issue. But bf4 and bf1 were absolute **** shows early in the morning for me. I have screenshots and video of servers in us east that had 40 or more players with 125ms or higher. Take my word for it, it wasn't fun. And the thing is I could do well but everything was wonky. Like the server was messed up. I am sorry but I can only say the servers felt off.
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    I'm sorry bout this is a pointless thread and a big part of me feels like it is a ping shaming or I just upgraded my internet brag fest. I play one xbox with 14 ping mostly and very rarely will i run into any hit reg problems and if I do I just compensate and shoot more in front or more behind and keep going. If you are persitently having a issue with this game I really wonder if you can even play half of the games out there because they have the same if not worst hit reg problems. You tell people not to buy and give a reason but I honestly dont see a huge amount of support from elite pingers as yourself.

    Read all the Netcode topics, there are more than enough, it is a serious problem and only with BF/Frostbite games.

    It is a very good reason not to buy BF (or any other Frostbite game), it is annoying like crazy and no fun at all to see your client hits being denied by the servers hit claim simulation, because it overcompensates for poor connections.

    And it would not surprise me if a lot of other problems, like audio/footsteps not being always there are also caused by this.

    Dice needs to fix this and a good start would be a ping (instability) limit, something lots of people are asking for.
  • herodes87
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well played today Hardline for the First Time this year.

    Lots of Arabiens, Australiens and Americans on EU Servers. People became really bullet sponges eating 12-20 Rounds at 1 Meter distance while i got 1 frame deaths all the time.

    Sorry but high pingers are a big Problem for Every Game.
  • TFBisquit
    1219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Always have been. But it's true that playing with a high ping is no fun at all. It's the lag compensation from the server that tries to mitigate between all connected, that causes weird behaviour.
    So it's bad either way. Best would be with overall the same ping.
    We need new technology for worldwide data transfer at lightning speed.
  • parkingbrake
    3125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Have you tried playing this game with a ping over 150? It's not pleasant or easy to play that way at all. It doesn't turn you in to Superman either.

    I don't care how bad the game is for someone with a ping of 150-300ms, I care about how bad it makes it for those of us who play in our region. This weekend I was in a game with four players with pings like that, one offered the explanation that he plays in NA because the AS servers are full of cheaters. I left PUBG in part because of all the kids in internet cafes in China playing outside their region, the lag (and the cheating) ruined that game for me. When BF had rented servers the admins could fix this problem with a few mouse-clicks, or use a plugin which kept OOR players from even joining the server. But now there is nothing we can do, it's either put up with the lag or server-hop trying to find one that doesn't have any interplanetary players. EA's greed and incompetence continues to drag down this series, the day will come when even long-time fans like me won't even think of buying a BG title.
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Se7enX89X wrote: »

    In my experience all the players with the best kdr at the end of each game are the players with the lowest ping so I guess I don't know what youre talking about. That's not to say that this game isn't broken but I just don't see how higher ping players have any advantage in this game.

    The players with ping between 20 to 25 and 50 have best KDR ...on console

    The players with the lowest ping (under 15ms) rarely have best KDR.

    Been playing with a ping of 11 and its made no difference (used to have a ping of around 25). Ability and ping aren’t as correlated as you suggest.
    I play the same on east coast servers at 20-25 ping as I do on west coast servers at 52-58 ping. Maybe I need a ping of 19 to truly experience a difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️


    It’s just genuinely not as big a problem as some people make out. I play with a few others with pings in the low 10’s and they have no problem whatsoever too.

    It’s obviously true that lots of high pingers, or players with lots of jitter can cause server problems - but for most of us it happens so infrequently that it really doesn’t make that much of a difference. It does affect some regions much more than others. But also some people just like to exaggerate the problem.
    Hey wetfish,
    I pretty much agree with what you say. It is rare that you encounter too many high ping players in a server. And I'm barely even playing bfv anymore so not sure if high ping players are a issue. But bf4 and bf1 were absolute **** shows early in the morning for me. I have screenshots and video of servers in us east that had 40 or more players with 125ms or higher. Take my word for it, it wasn't fun. And the thing is I could do well but everything was wonky. Like the server was messed up. I am sorry but I can only say the servers felt off.

    They absolutely can be trash at times.

    Certain hours, when the locals in a region aren’t online, can definitely be problematic on occasions. It all depends on the the users on a server and their particular connections. I used to play at 4am GMT on BF1, which is pretty dead in EU, and most of the time it was fine even on Conquest. Other than the insta-death issue, I generally find BFV to be comparable with BF1, and generally that’s pretty good.

    People often forget that Region makes a difference too, as the data centres themselves sometimes have problems. I think EU has generally been less problematic than US.

    I just laugh reading most of the stuff on these threads though. For the most part, it’s regurgitation of stuff they’ve read and then exaggerated to fit their own narrative, rather than to really help others or identify the real issues in the game.
  • trip1ex
    4561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My experience is people just blame whatever on high pingers. IT's like people seeing cheaters around every corner every time they die.
  • ElliotLH
    7300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Have you tried playing this game with a ping over 150? It's not pleasant or easy to play that way at all. It doesn't turn you in to Superman either.

    I don't care how bad the game is for someone with a ping of 150-300ms, I care about how bad it makes it for those of us who play in our region. This weekend I was in a game with four players with pings like that, one offered the explanation that he plays in NA because the AS servers are full of cheaters. I left PUBG in part because of all the kids in internet cafes in China playing outside their region, the lag (and the cheating) ruined that game for me. When BF had rented servers the admins could fix this problem with a few mouse-clicks, or use a plugin which kept OOR players from even joining the server. But now there is nothing we can do, it's either put up with the lag or server-hop trying to find one that doesn't have any interplanetary players. EA's greed and incompetence continues to drag down this series, the day will come when even long-time fans like me won't even think of buying a BG title.

    Okay.
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    I just laugh reading most of the stuff on these threads though. For the most part, it’s regurgitation of stuff they’ve read and then exaggerated to fit their own narrative, rather than to really help others or identify the real issues in the game.

    For a lot of players it IS the real issue.

    That you are not infected is good for you, but for lots of us it is by far the biggest issue and it needs to be fixed.

    And it can be fixed, in BF1 there was some time the game felt 10 times better, it would be great if they would bring this back!
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    I'm sorry bout this is a pointless thread and a big part of me feels like it is a ping shaming or I just upgraded my internet brag fest. I play one xbox with 14 ping mostly and very rarely will i run into any hit reg problems and if I do I just compensate and shoot more in front or more behind and keep going. If you are persitently having a issue with this game I really wonder if you can even play half of the games out there because they have the same if not worst hit reg problems. You tell people not to buy and give a reason but I honestly dont see a huge amount of support from elite pingers as yourself.

    Read all the Netcode topics, there are more than enough, it is a serious problem and only with BF/Frostbite games.

    It is a very good reason not to buy BF (or any other Frostbite game), it is annoying like crazy and no fun at all to see your client hits being denied by the servers hit claim simulation, because it overcompensates for poor connections.

    And it would not surprise me if a lot of other problems, like audio/footsteps not being always there are also caused by this.

    Dice needs to fix this and a good start would be a ping (instability) limit, something lots of people are asking for.


    As usual. Netcode problems are not specific to the Frostbite engine. Every online game has Netcode challenges, each addressed in their own way. What makes BF more of a challenge is they don’t use hitscan but instead use projectiles that need to be simulated.

    You missing hits is nothing to do with the game ‘over compensating’ for poor connections. Much more of your missed shots will be due to your aim than any hit detection issues.

    Lag compensation is part of the ‘netcode’ by virtue of netcode being such a broad term covering lots of things related to communication to and from the server. It’s true footstep issues are probably an issue because of ‘netcode’, but It’s unlikely to be as a result of high pingers and lag compensation IMHO and much more likely an issue because of the increase of server side elements causing a strain on either the connection or processing client side. But that’s just my guess.

    It’s true that Dice need to improve their Netcode. That’s beyond doubt. Will it EVER be enough for some people? No, because some people will always want an excuse.
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lots of crap of someone who does not have a problem with the Netcode and tries to tell everyone that does have a problem they are using it as excuse

    I don't give a crap about what you think you know and what you think.

    Good for you it is no problem for you, but it is a problem for more than enough people and it should be fixed.

    It can be fixed, since we had a 10 times better expereince when they changed some things in BF1 and it would be great if they would do that again.

    Right now this issue is more than enough reason to NOT buy this game, next to more than enough other issues with the game.
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lots of crap of someone who does not have a problem with the Netcode and tries to tell everyone that does have a problem they are using it as excuse

    I don't give a crap about what you think you know and what you think.

    Good for you it is no problem for you, but it is a problem for more than enough people and it should be fixed.

    It can be fixed, since we had a 10 times better expereince when they changed some things in BF1 and it would be great if they would do that again.

    Right now this issue is more than enough reason to NOT buy this game, next to more than enough other issues with the game.

    Lol.

    I know you don’t care what I think or know. You don’t want answers, you want excuses. And anyone who threatens to tear that comforter from you gets laughable attempts to drown them in nonsense using terms you don’t really understand.

    I’m not saying everyone uses it as an excuse. But I am saying you do.

    We play on the same EU servers. The same game modes for the most part. And with incredibly similar pings. And yet I have no problems, you claim lots of problems. I suggest the main difference in our experience is the person sitting in front of the screen, not any mystical netcode fairies.

    Telling other people not to buy the game because you couldn’t hit a target the size of a barn door from 3 meters away because your ping is too low is just plain silly. Thankfully most people will see that.
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lol.

    I know you don’t care what I think or know. You don’t want answers, you want excuses. And anyone who threatens to tear that comforter from you gets laughable attempts to drown them in nonsense using terms you don’t really understand.

    I’m not saying everyone uses it as an excuse. But I am saying you do.

    We play on the same EU servers. The same game modes for the most part. And with incredibly similar pings. And yet I have no problems, you claim lots of problems. I suggest the main difference in our experience is the person sitting in front of the screen, not any mystical netcode fairies.

    Telling other people not to buy the game because you couldn’t hit a target the size of a barn door from 3 meters away because your ping is too low is just plain silly. Thankfully most people will see that.

    Whatever ...

    You don't have a problem, fine for you, but stop telling others they don't have a problem and they look for excuses, that is just insulting and very bad behaviour.

    It is a clear reason to NOT buy the game, maybe not for you, but everyone that has a very fast fiber connection must be warned and better do not buy the game until they change things (like they shortly did in BF1).
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lol.

    I know you don’t care what I think or know. You don’t want answers, you want excuses. And anyone who threatens to tear that comforter from you gets laughable attempts to drown them in nonsense using terms you don’t really understand.

    I’m not saying everyone uses it as an excuse. But I am saying you do.

    We play on the same EU servers. The same game modes for the most part. And with incredibly similar pings. And yet I have no problems, you claim lots of problems. I suggest the main difference in our experience is the person sitting in front of the screen, not any mystical netcode fairies.

    Telling other people not to buy the game because you couldn’t hit a target the size of a barn door from 3 meters away because your ping is too low is just plain silly. Thankfully most people will see that.

    Whatever ...

    You don't have a problem, fine for you, but stop telling others they don't have a problem and they look for excuses, that is just insulting and very bad behaviour.

    It is a clear reason to NOT buy the game, maybe not for you, but everyone that has a very fast fiber connection must be warned and better do not buy the game until they change things (like they shortly did in BF1).

    I’m saying you are looking for excuses, no one else. I’ve not said anyone else hasn’t got a problem.

    If you read to understand rather than just to reply you’d realise I’ve repeatedly said there is more Dice could do, and repeatedly said there are problems with the netcode. I have said the problem is sometimes exaggerated, and you are most definitely one of the main people to do so.

    You may well be having problems. But it really isn’t just because your ping is in the 10’s. And if you choose to keep believing that’s the sole reason, that’s your choice. No one can force you to explore the possibility other things might be the cause. Just be prepared to be disappointed for a very very long time.

    And for the record. I have a very good fibre connection and no problems playing the game or doing well. So quite why you’d warn ‘everyone with a very fast fibre connection’ is beyond me.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    Played some games OOR earlier as a tester and while they didn't turn me into Superman(not even remotely) I can say the experience was perfectly fine. TBH i'm not sure that is how it should be though, I think if i'm playing with a 96 ping I should have a noticeably worse experience than I would playing at least 60 better that I get in EU. I cant speak for he experience other players on the server were having although my ping was nowhere near the highest playing.

    Just to add playing OOR on BF1(quick match) was the same and my internet is improved since I was playing that so my ping was a bit higher, usually around 110.
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played some games OOR earlier as a tester and while they didn't turn me into Superman(not even remotely) I can say the experience was perfectly fine. TBH i'm not sure that is how it should be though, I think if i'm playing with a 96 ping I should have a noticeably worse experience than I would playing at least 60 better that I get in EU. I cant speak for he experience other players on the server were having although my ping was nowhere near the highest playing.

    Just to add playing OOR on BF1(quick match) was the same and my internet is improved since I was playing that so my ping was a bit higher, usually around 110.

    To be honest, at those pings what you experienced is probably fairly typical. 60 to 90 ping doesn’t really alter things that much. I wouldn’t expect ever to be superman with a higher ping.

    It’s only when pings get really high, above the cut off for client side hit detection, where I’d expect most people would probably have a pretty terrible experience (depending on how their play style) because they have to guess where the server thinks players are rather than just shoot the enemy they see on their screen.
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lots of downplaying and insulting toxic crap

    Again, I don't care YOU don't have problems and it is totally not relevant.

    Me and lots of others DO have problems (look on every form of social media and even the topics on this forum) and it is just insulting and toxic to say me (and others) just use it as excuse.

    And it is clear (you will probably deny this by saying you don't have problems) people with very low ping seem to have have more problem with the current poor (console) situation.

    So there is nothing wrong to warn people with very low ping to NOT buy this game until Dice fixes this (which they can, looking at the short almost perfect situation in BF1)
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m glad that I don’t have jitter and packet issues. My isp is rock solid. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sign In or Register to comment.