Do not buy this game, let me tell you why

Comments

  • NLBartmaN
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’m glad that I don’t have jitter and packet issues. My isp is rock solid. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    I'm glad with my ISP too, tested best ISP in the Netherlands for many years now. Never any warning icons in bf v.
    Too bad that makes the bf experience terrible, you can better have a poor connection, you will be compensated for that...
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’m glad that I don’t have jitter and packet issues. My isp is rock solid. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    I'm glad with my ISP too, tested best ISP in the Netherlands for many years now. Never any warning icons in bf v.
    Too bad that makes the bf experience terrible, you can better have a poor connection, you will be compensated for that...

    Just. No.
  • SgtQman19
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

    I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

  • MAJWolfcookies
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

    I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!

    PS4 player here. OOR high pingers have a distinct advantage over low ping players. Its always been the case in ALL of BF games. The main factor is that high pingers are hard to lock on - with or without aim assist. That’s the bottom line. Punkbuster needs to be in effect again. Long overdue.
  • Vycinas2
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’m glad that I don’t have jitter and packet issues. My isp is rock solid. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    I'm glad with my ISP too, tested best ISP in the Netherlands for many years now. Never any warning icons in bf v.
    Too bad that makes the bf experience terrible, you can better have a poor connection, you will be compensated for that...

    While i was playing BF3/4 and fair share of Hardline my ping was around 30-35ms in EU servers while I had 5 or 10Mbps line from one of the worst ISPs in UK, surprisingly i always had perfect hitreg. When i switched to Fibre Optic and went back to play BF4(skip through BF1), I had ping of 5-11ms, and playing B flag on Metro vs Arabs in EU servers was ragequitting experience. While I have great hit reg on V UK, German and both sides of Trumps Murica, sometimes that experience will be spoilt by super lagging **** or someone who goes for ADAD spam (I found that shooting straight instead of trying to follow directions of adad spammer is a lot better).
  • WetFishDB
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lots of downplaying and insulting toxic crap

    Again, I don't care YOU don't have problems and it is totally not relevant.

    Me and lots of others DO have problems (look on every form of social media and even the topics on this forum) and it is just insulting and toxic to say me (and others) just use it as excuse.

    And it is clear (you will probably deny this by saying you don't have problems) people with very low ping seem to have have more problem with the current poor (console) situation.

    So there is nothing wrong to warn people with very low ping to NOT buy this game until Dice fixes this (which they can, looking at the short almost perfect situation in BF1)

    You can see from game reports and my stats that I still do comparably much much better than you. I don’t have a problem. Why would I possibly lie?

    I’m sure others do have problems. Netcode is problematic, especially what feels like damage packet stacking. Some regions struggle really quite badly with a higher proportion of players with bad connection. And some game modes subjectively feel worse than others.

    Where I take issue is that you say that anyone with a very good connection have problems. Want to warn everyone with fast stable fibre etc not to buy the game. That is demonstrably wrong. I have as good a connection as you, as do some of the people I play with, and we do absolutely fine. It’s not subjective, anyone can see my game reports and stats etc. Your statements implying having a good connection means the hit detection is off is straight out false. Having a good connection doesn’t suddenly make it much harder to play the game. Ability is the main proponent in determining who does well.

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them. But your ping really isn’t one of them. There are other reasons why you perhaps struggle to do well.
    Post edited by WetFishDB on
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19

    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    Lots of downplaying and insulting toxic crap

    Again, I don't care YOU don't have problems and it is totally not relevant.

    Me and lots of others DO have problems (look on every form of social media and even the topics on this forum) and it is just insulting and toxic to say me (and others) just use it as excuse.

    And it is clear (you will probably deny this by saying you don't have problems) people with very low ping seem to have have more problem with the current poor (console) situation.

    So there is nothing wrong to warn people with very low ping to NOT buy this game until Dice fixes this (which they can, looking at the short almost perfect situation in BF1)

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them. But your ping really isn’t one of them. There are other reasons why you perhaps struggle to do well.

    I, I see what you did there. Lol.
  • EA_Rtas
    265 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Folks let's keep it on topic, no need to bring people's stats into it. Keep it on topic and respectful. ~Rtas
  • johndeckard
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My experience - being a player in South Africa with high ping.

    I'm on a 100mbs fibre line. So line speed isn't the issue - the issue on the ping is the distance between me and the servers. If I play on UK servers my ping is 168-178 with constant yellow circle and flashing red circle. If I play on German servers my ping is 178-190 (also with constant yellow circle and flashing red circle). Since the XBOX players in South Africa are starting to decline - the one server that was running locally is now only 1/2 populated (sometime less) - so mostly I have no choice but to play on the UK servers. When I play with a ping of 170 - these things hold true:
    Any 1 to 1 firefight - where both players fire at the same time at each other - I will lose. I'm 0.17 seconds behind that player on the screen. Sometimes I can put 10 bullets center mass into a player and do no damage (just not registered by the game), so what I see on the screen is not actually what is happening in reality. Playing recon is almost impossible if the target is moving. If enemies are running on the screen (if I am playing as assault firing at them with a semi or full auto rifle) it is completely hit and miss if the game detects me hitting or not. I've noticed on very high ping matches the game sometimes doesn't register trigger pulls correctly (these game I quit out of).

    German servers are definitely slower than UK servers (even the filtered by ping it says they are not).
    When I play on the one South African server (sometimes it gets populated late on Saturday evenings) - I nearly double my kill count.

    Also: don't get peeved off with players with high ping. Do you think we want to play at a constant disadvantage? We want to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed (but we can't because we are handicapped by distance) so we make do with what we have.
  • NLBartmaN
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them.

    No suprise you keep on insulting, baiting, trolling and having no respect for other peoples problems with or other opinion about the game, like you do in every topic where people do not agree with you.
  • WetFishDB
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them.

    No suprise you keep on insulting, baiting, trolling and having no respect for other peoples problems with or other opinion about the game, like you do in every topic where people do not agree with you.

    Everyone is allowed an opinion. But opinion's don't affect facts. Facts should affect opinions, and do, if you're rational. Opinions require no accountability, no understanding. And you keep spouting your opinion and ignoring facts.

    Fact: I have a ping of 11 - similar to you.
    Fact: I play on EU servers from the EU, at all different times of day - similar to you.
    Fact: I play Conquest mostly, but smaller game modes too - similar to you.
    Fact: I regularly do well, often at or towards the very top of scoreboard, often on score and on KDR etc.
    Opinion: I rarely have hit detection problems.
    Opinion: You say you often have hit detection problems.

    Ergo: Having a low ping cannot be the only cause of you not doing well, if it was then it wouldn't be possible for me to be able to do well with a low ping. Therefore it simply cannot be just your ping alone that is causing your problems. There HAS to be other things that are contributing to it.

    Ergo: Telling people not to buy if they have a good internet is objectively incorrect.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

    I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!
    My buddy played with a cool guy from Brazil on Saturday. His ping was 165ms. He ran medic and assault. He was in my friends squad and easily bested everyone in the squad for points and finished in the top 5 overall while he played. Bart asked him at one point how he was so good and he told him to look at his ping. So that guy thinks it helps him. But I see plenty with high pings that don't do well.
  • NLBartmaN
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Again lots of crap I don't care about

    AGAIN: I don't care about YOUR experience and whatever YOU think are facts, I have a different opion and experience and think your attitude is very toxic and poor.

    Me (and lots of others) DO have preoblems with the Netcode and most people having problems with the Netcode have a below average low ping.

    My opinion is: It is a good reason to not buy this game.
  • KPNuts74
    415 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them.

    No suprise you keep on insulting, baiting, trolling and having no respect for other peoples problems with or other opinion about the game, like you do in every topic where people do not agree with you.

    Everyone is allowed an opinion. But opinion's don't affect facts. Facts should affect opinions, and do, if you're rational. Opinions require no accountability, no understanding. And you keep spouting your opinion and ignoring facts.

    Fact: I have a ping of 11 - similar to you.
    Fact: I play on EU servers from the EU, at all different times of day - similar to you.
    Fact: I play Conquest mostly, but smaller game modes too - similar to you.
    Fact: I regularly do well, often at or towards the very top of scoreboard, often on score and on KDR etc.
    Opinion: I rarely have hit detection problems.
    Opinion: You say you often have hit detection problems.

    Ergo: Having a low ping cannot be the only cause of you not doing well, if it was then it wouldn't be possible for me to be able to do well with a low ping. Therefore it simply cannot be just your ping alone that is causing your problems. There HAS to be other things that are contributing to it.

    Ergo: Telling people not to buy if they have a good internet is objectively incorrect.

    Hear, hear!

    Although I mostly play on smaller modes (TDM), due to having XBox friends across the Atlantic I play in both home servers (UK) at 15 - 19 ping and on US East at 88 - 95 ping.

    I can perform as well on both and get MVP regularly so cannot see the issue the OP is raising. I’ve noticed players with ridiculous pings (150+) on servers but again this does not seem to stop me doing well.
  • WetFishDB
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Again lots of crap I don't care about

    AGAIN: I don't care about YOUR experience and whatever YOU think are facts, I have a different opion and experience and think your attitude is very toxic and poor.

    Me (and lots of others) DO have preoblems with the Netcode and most people having problems with the Netcode have a below average low ping.

    My opinion is: It is a good reason to not buy this game.

    If you don't care about facts and being rational, then there really is no helping you. Good luck with the netcode fairies. Be prepared to be disappointed for a very VERY long time.
  • VincentNZ
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

    I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!
    My buddy played with a cool guy from Brazil on Saturday. His ping was 165ms. He ran medic and assault. He was in my friends squad and easily bested everyone in the squad for points and finished in the top 5 overall while he played. Bart asked him at one point how he was so good and he told him to look at his ping. So that guy thinks it helps him. But I see plenty with high pings that don't do well.

    Just think about it for a second: If you connect to a server with a ping of 11ms in Frankfurt and have a duel with the American you and a ping of 150ms there is no way European you will lose this duel. Everything American you sees is delayed a tenth of a second. That is a huge disadvantage. It stands to reason.
    The only time where the ping has less relevance or where the effects can be mitigated, is when you are not having duels, i.e. when playing a long-range sniper. In a BR environment like in PUBG a higher ping can be of an advantage in long engagements against opponents that have no visual on you, because you can hit them behind their cover and trick them to thinking they are engaged from the wrong direction. And since long engagements against unaware opponents rule the game, this can be seen as an advantage in this specific niche.
    In regular Battlefield playing with a high ping is a severe disadvantage, every other "evidence" shown here is anecdotal, if a player is good enough he can overcome a ping disadvantage, but still loose to equal skill players.
  • NLBartmaN
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    If you don't care about facts and being rational, then there really is no helping you. Good luck with the netcode fairies. Be prepared to be disappointed for a very VERY long time.

    No suprise you keep on going with the toxic behaviour when someone does not care about your opinion or does not agree with you.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them.

    No suprise you keep on insulting, baiting, trolling and having no respect for other peoples problems with or other opinion about the game, like you do in every topic where people do not agree with you.

    Everyone is allowed an opinion. But opinion's don't affect facts. Facts should affect opinions, and do, if you're rational. Opinions require no accountability, no understanding. And you keep spouting your opinion and ignoring facts.

    Fact: I have a ping of 11 - similar to you.
    Fact: I play on EU servers from the EU, at all different times of day - similar to you.
    Fact: I play Conquest mostly, but smaller game modes too - similar to you.
    Fact: I regularly do well, often at or towards the very top of scoreboard, often on score and on KDR etc.
    Opinion: I rarely have hit detection problems.
    Opinion: You say you often have hit detection problems.

    Ergo: Having a low ping cannot be the only cause of you not doing well, if it was then it wouldn't be possible for me to be able to do well with a low ping. Therefore it simply cannot be just your ping alone that is causing your problems. There HAS to be other things that are contributing to it.

    Ergo: Telling people not to buy if they have a good internet is objectively incorrect.

    Unfortunately, most people consider good internet to consist of up/down numbers.

    Example: My internet is great. I have 500 up and 500 down!

    However, the person should say; I have great internet. Jitter is < 0.30 with zero packet loss!

  • WetFishDB
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

    I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!
    My buddy played with a cool guy from Brazil on Saturday. His ping was 165ms. He ran medic and assault. He was in my friends squad and easily bested everyone in the squad for points and finished in the top 5 overall while he played. Bart asked him at one point how he was so good and he told him to look at his ping. So that guy thinks it helps him. But I see plenty with high pings that don't do well.

    Just think about it for a second: If you connect to a server with a ping of 11ms in Frankfurt and have a duel with the American you and a ping of 150ms there is no way European you will lose this duel. Everything American you sees is delayed a tenth of a second. That is a huge disadvantage. It stands to reason.
    The only time where the ping has less relevance or where the effects can be mitigated, is when you are not having duels, i.e. when playing a long-range sniper. In a BR environment like in PUBG a higher ping can be of an advantage in long engagements against opponents that have no visual on you, because you can hit them behind their cover and trick them to thinking they are engaged from the wrong direction. And since long engagements against unaware opponents rule the game, this can be seen as an advantage in this specific niche.
    In regular Battlefield playing with a high ping is a severe disadvantage, every other "evidence" shown here is anecdotal, if a player is good enough he can overcome a ping disadvantage, but still loose to equal skill players.

    To be fair, depending on the situation sometimes the higher ping player could have an advantage, but its mostly situational.

    There's something called peekers advantage, which typically benefits the peeker (regardless of whether they are the one with the high ping or not). Increasing your ping increase the advantage, if you are the peeker. If you are the person being peeked upon, then the increased ping will only further increase your disadvantage.

    High pingers can also sometimes benefit from their latent position updates causing the server simulation to think register otherwise legitimate hits as misses. Generally players who move around lots with a higher ping might benefit from this a bit more. That said, I've seen very low pingers sponge too.

    IIRC, being a ping of 165 means no longer benefitting from client side hit detection. It's possible to still do ok, but a little surprising if I'm honest. You'd mostly have to get either incredibly close to people, or shoot stationary targets otherwise the server would register misses as they would know the enemy was no longer there. It'd be interesting to see some gameplay from the perspective of someone with a ping over 165 owning a server etc.
  • WetFishDB
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

    I’m not saying you aren’t having problems. I’m sure you do have a problem. Potentially 99 of them.

    No suprise you keep on insulting, baiting, trolling and having no respect for other peoples problems with or other opinion about the game, like you do in every topic where people do not agree with you.

    Everyone is allowed an opinion. But opinion's don't affect facts. Facts should affect opinions, and do, if you're rational. Opinions require no accountability, no understanding. And you keep spouting your opinion and ignoring facts.

    Fact: I have a ping of 11 - similar to you.
    Fact: I play on EU servers from the EU, at all different times of day - similar to you.
    Fact: I play Conquest mostly, but smaller game modes too - similar to you.
    Fact: I regularly do well, often at or towards the very top of scoreboard, often on score and on KDR etc.
    Opinion: I rarely have hit detection problems.
    Opinion: You say you often have hit detection problems.

    Ergo: Having a low ping cannot be the only cause of you not doing well, if it was then it wouldn't be possible for me to be able to do well with a low ping. Therefore it simply cannot be just your ping alone that is causing your problems. There HAS to be other things that are contributing to it.

    Ergo: Telling people not to buy if they have a good internet is objectively incorrect.

    Unfortunately, most people consider good internet to consist of up/down numbers.

    Example: My internet is great. I have 500 up and 500 down!

    However, the person should say; I have great internet. Jitter is < 0.30 with zero packet loss!

    Yeah, some people also don't understand the difference between bandwidth and latency too. Par for the course really. Some of this stuff people understandably wouldn't, and probably shouldn't care about. Unfortunately the game is so unforgiving that you can understand why people are frustrated.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!