Do not buy this game, let me tell you why

1235»

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!
    My buddy played with a cool guy from Brazil on Saturday. His ping was 165ms. He ran medic and assault. He was in my friends squad and easily bested everyone in the squad for points and finished in the top 5 overall while he played. Bart asked him at one point how he was so good and he told him to look at his ping. So that guy thinks it helps him. But I see plenty with high pings that don't do well.

Just think about it for a second: If you connect to a server with a ping of 11ms in Frankfurt and have a duel with the American you and a ping of 150ms there is no way European you will lose this duel. Everything American you sees is delayed a tenth of a second. That is a huge disadvantage. It stands to reason.
    The only time where the ping has less relevance or where the effects can be mitigated, is when you are not having duels, i.e. when playing a long-range sniper. In a BR environment like in PUBG a higher ping can be of an advantage in long engagements against opponents that have no visual on you, because you can hit them behind their cover and trick them to thinking they are engaged from the wrong direction. And since long engagements against unaware opponents rule the game, this can be seen as an advantage in this specific niche.
    In regular Battlefield playing with a high ping is a severe disadvantage, every other "evidence" shown here is anecdotal, if a player is good enough he can overcome a ping disadvantage, but still loose to equal skill players.

To be fair, depending on the situation sometimes the higher ping player could have an advantage, but its mostly situational.

There's something called peekers advantage, which typically benefits the peeker (regardless of whether they are the one with the high ping or not). Increasing your ping increase the advantage, if you are the peeker. If you are the person being peeked upon, then the increased ping will only further increase your disadvantage.

High pingers can also sometimes benefit from their latent position updates causing the server simulation to think register otherwise legitimate hits as misses. Generally players who move around lots with a higher ping might benefit from this a bit more. That said, I've seen very low pingers sponge too.

IIRC, being a ping of 165 means no longer benefitting from client side hit detection. It's possible to still do ok, but a little surprising if I'm honest. You'd mostly have to get either incredibly close to people, or shoot stationary targets otherwise the server would register misses as they would know the enemy was no longer there. It'd be interesting to see some gameplay from the perspective of someone with a ping over 165 owning a server etc.

Yeah, well but these are incredibly nichey occasions. In general fights, like hitting the unaware at an average engagement distance, a high ping will give you no advantage, even if the receiver gets a "super bullet". If you are in a duel, the delay is a big disadvantage.
    I know this is a rather crude and imprecise explanation, but apparently you need simple answers for the folks here, and therefore having a ping of 150ms will make you see enemies a tenth of a second later is a very useful and correct lie.
  • WetFishDB
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of BS you spewed is truly amazing. I have never seen a single player with a high ping get higher then 10th place. Playing with ping above 150ms is near impossible. If you don’t think so you have never ever experienced it.
    The most important thing for a shooting game is the hit reg, and for DICE's game, unfortunately, they encourage OOR playstyle. Whats that means? well it is very simple, if you play with a high ping (150+ping), then that's great and you can kill low ping player with 'super bullet', at the same time, the low ping player can't do xxxx as you show with 'ping jettering' on their screen, and their bullet has no dmg reg most of the time.

I have to say, good job DICE. As a low ping player, play on our own regional server and suffer heavily from OOR players and we can't do a damn thing to stop it. WHAT A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE!
    My buddy played with a cool guy from Brazil on Saturday. His ping was 165ms. He ran medic and assault. He was in my friends squad and easily bested everyone in the squad for points and finished in the top 5 overall while he played. Bart asked him at one point how he was so good and he told him to look at his ping. So that guy thinks it helps him. But I see plenty with high pings that don't do well.

Just think about it for a second: If you connect to a server with a ping of 11ms in Frankfurt and have a duel with the American you and a ping of 150ms there is no way European you will lose this duel. Everything American you sees is delayed a tenth of a second. That is a huge disadvantage. It stands to reason.
    The only time where the ping has less relevance or where the effects can be mitigated, is when you are not having duels, i.e. when playing a long-range sniper. In a BR environment like in PUBG a higher ping can be of an advantage in long engagements against opponents that have no visual on you, because you can hit them behind their cover and trick them to thinking they are engaged from the wrong direction. And since long engagements against unaware opponents rule the game, this can be seen as an advantage in this specific niche.
    In regular Battlefield playing with a high ping is a severe disadvantage, every other "evidence" shown here is anecdotal, if a player is good enough he can overcome a ping disadvantage, but still loose to equal skill players.

To be fair, depending on the situation sometimes the higher ping player could have an advantage, but its mostly situational.

There's something called peekers advantage, which typically benefits the peeker (regardless of whether they are the one with the high ping or not). Increasing your ping increase the advantage, if you are the peeker. If you are the person being peeked upon, then the increased ping will only further increase your disadvantage.

High pingers can also sometimes benefit from their latent position updates causing the server simulation to think register otherwise legitimate hits as misses. Generally players who move around lots with a higher ping might benefit from this a bit more. That said, I've seen very low pingers sponge too.

IIRC, being a ping of 165 means no longer benefitting from client side hit detection. It's possible to still do ok, but a little surprising if I'm honest. You'd mostly have to get either incredibly close to people, or shoot stationary targets otherwise the server would register misses as they would know the enemy was no longer there. It'd be interesting to see some gameplay from the perspective of someone with a ping over 165 owning a server etc.

Yeah, well but these are incredibly nichey occasions. In general fights, like hitting the unaware at an average engagement distance, a high ping will give you no advantage, even if the receiver gets a "super bullet". If you are in a duel, the delay is a big disadvantage.
    I know this is a rather crude and imprecise explanation, but apparently you need simple answers for the folks here, and therefore having a ping of 150ms will make you see enemies a tenth of a second later is a very useful and correct lie.

I agree it's all situational really - although it probably happens more than people realise. For example, someone waiting facing a corner when someone moving comes around and they come face to face. Regardless of who has the higher ping, the person coming around the corner has the potential to see the person camping the corner first as the campers position hasn't changed and it'll take time for the server to tell the camper that the moving player is there - and therefore the moving player can have an advantage.

Of course, if the moving player doesn't see the camper then it's a bit irrelevant, but that's more to do with visibility etc than latency.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That is exactly how this guy played. Right up close and in the enemies face. He got 50 kills one match and over 30 in the other matches. Didn't die much either. He said his scores are better when he plays support and lays waiting for the enemy head on.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Be nice if a dev could comment on this thread.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not helped by servers seeming to vary from one to the next, what that is down to is anyone's guess.

I do think there is an argument for removing the server browser though. The quick match works putting you in as full a match as possible, reasonably quickly here in the EU and crucially in the right part of the world.
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not helped by servers seeming to vary from one to the next, what that is down to is anyone's guess.

I do think there is an argument for removing the server browser though. The quick match works putting you in as full a match as possible, reasonably quickly here in the EU and crucially in the right part of the world.
    The server browser is extremely useful. It allows people to find their most local servers (with lowest ping) and also allows someone like me play with my American friends (by locating East Coast servers which are perfectly playable for me and them).
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »

The server browser is extremely useful. It allows people to find their most local servers (with lowest ping) and also allows someone like me play with my American friends (by locating East Coast servers which are perfectly playable for me and them).

Quick match should put you in the best server for you and if want to play with friends from a different country you squad up(I assume you do anyway)and the squad leader selects the game mode and quick match does the rest .
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Quick match should put you in the best server for you and if want to play with friends from a different country you squad up(I assume you do anyway)and the squad leader selects the game mode and quick match does the rest .

No, Quick Match often puts me in German servers (with a ping of 29) when if I find a UK server it’s only 15.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A

No, Quick Match often puts me in German servers (with a ping of 29) when if I find a UK server it’s only 15.

So quick match reliably puts you in an EU server, I guess it looks for UK first but switches after not finding a space straight away, that algorithm could be adjusted maybe to spend a bit longer looking for a UK server.
  • KPNuts74

So quick match reliably puts you in an EU server, I guess it looks for UK first but switches after not finding a space straight away, that algorithm could be adjusted maybe to spend a bit longer looking for a UK server.

Yeah, pretty much. I have also played ‘off-peak’ times and been put into a US server by Quick Match. Ultimately I can play fine with a ping upto 100 but prefer to see the lowest ping possible (unless playing with my friends from across the Atlantic).
  • 5bulletsSLR
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    I'm sorry bout this is a pointless thread and a big part of me feels like it is a ping shaming or I just upgraded my internet brag fest. I play one xbox with 14 ping mostly and very rarely will i run into any hit reg problems and if I do I just compensate and shoot more in front or more behind and keep going. If you are persitently having a issue with this game I really wonder if you can even play half of the games out there because they have the same if not worst hit reg problems. You tell people not to buy and give a reason but I honestly dont see a huge amount of support from elite pingers as yourself.

Read all the Netcode topics, there are more than enough, it is a serious problem and only with BF/Frostbite games.

It is a very good reason not to buy BF (or any other Frostbite game), it is annoying like crazy and no fun at all to see your client hits being denied by the servers hit claim simulation, because it overcompensates for poor connections.

And it would not surprise me if a lot of other problems, like audio/footsteps not being always there are also caused by this.

Dice needs to fix this and a good start would be a ping (instability) limit, something lots of people are asking for.

DICE is beyond stu-pid to favor high pingers instead local players
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I Have tried it and the hit reg is way worse if you play out of region you are putting yourself at a disadvantage i can assure you of that.Silly post Op do some research before complaining