The MMG Problem...

Comments

• xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meeeeeker wrote: »
    What I was really trying to point out here is the lack of PTO and encouragement of camping with those guns. I appreciate all the comments here :-)
    I'm sorry but how much time do you actually use the MMGs and it OP-ness as you say? Talking about PTO, it's the nature of people, not the gun itself, what's forced them to not setup their MMGs in the objective area or around it? Nothing. If you can headshot them with Recon BARs at your own comfort range then just blame yourself for missing that shot because guns are made to be extreme accurate with bipod.

This is me trying to defend the objective with the M1922 MG.
    52698804_325329494763297_1669225957120016384_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlxVj3624Ob7yjwgX1YQaZEvIOVCLOKoOuzYO4AvQ5YE169d0hj_zqCdd-FIvF4u_I&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn8-1.fna&oh=43a5269a3f86e1f5cb56bc1d7d1feedc&oe=5D02685F
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope DICE to introduce even more game mechanics to promote, or force camping.

You know, tactical, static, squad-based gameplay that the core community and big streamers cried for ;)
  • ShizukuEnju
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MMG is balanced, i am using MMG for support class (M1922 and MG42) and I can tell the bipod disappoints you every time you engage enemies. And yes, I play it aggressively, not only get into objectives, but also pushes at the front of the team.
    I hate the fact that the slightest tilt on the ground disables bipod for a spilt second and also it is still unable to register on surfaces like fence for almost half of the time.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    Well for me it boils down to this ..... the game heavily promotes camping (mainly due to the poor visibility and TTK) and as such the most effective gun for this kind of gameplay is the MMGs with their high ammo count.

Add to this the issues with the bipod and you end up with people spawning and just looking for a place to camp it out - typically dark corners or upper floors of houses far away from objectives.
  • baroncrovax
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For reference could I ask what game modes were these and what platform are you playing on?

Honestly don't see much MMG usage in conquest on PC. Not 0, but certainly not enough to account for your percentages.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1811 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    its amazing isnt it how different people can seemingly have wildly different experiences in game. I rarely die to any mmg/bolt action/AP mine (or any other individual weapon/gadget) consistently. Certain maps on certain games modes on a random day, then yes, for a round, one weapon type or player may get the better of me more than any other but these are the exception. Yet other people say they are always getting killed by x/y/z weapon all the time.
    You have people complaining about the AP mines at the moment, perhaps rightly, but i rarely get killed by one. Id say less than once every 2 or 3 rounds, if that frequent. If playing rush on defence, i will be one of those people spamming AP mines and getting 5/6/7+ kills per round, yet on attack i can go several games without getting killed once by them and thats not from me being particularly careful. If i play 6 rounds of rush (3 attack/3 defence) i could get 20-30 AP kills yet maybe die only once from one.
  • Hawxxeye
    5370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my killers are most often assaults or medics here.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I rarely die to a MMG.

Come and play with me, I'll soon change that :wink:
  • ViolationofDerp
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    I don't think they are much of a problem, yes the people waiting in a dark corner shooting you as soon as you pass are annoying, but they are also the easiest targets once they exposed themselves, in CQ at least.
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate dying to MGs camping in hard to see spots, it has made me check those corners and such much more often these days, and those that I kill get a teabag :).

There are pros and cons with using an MG as we all know, if it suits your game-play then that's good for you, but if I kill you first expect that teabag after I do :D.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    So just to clarify then. If someone kills you, they're not PTFO. Roger that. Will keep in mind not to shoot at zerging enemies.

You're only allowed to shoot him when he's capturing a flag. Killing him on the way to the flag is camping...
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think OP just came across a realy good support player. i hope betty had some too
  • Meeeeeker
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay well note to self never come here for a discussion. Sorry to bringing my concerns to the table. Have a nice day everyone.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I rarely die to a MMG.

Come and play with me, I'll soon change that :wink:

Maybe, but I can typically pick out bush wookies with my Lewis before being spotted. 🥴

Also, @DrakeCasanova has been saying the same thing to me. Lol.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont die to an MMG any more than anything else. A problem this game has, that the MMG really has no use but to join in on, is a laying down problem. I t really takes a lot of adjusting to, to me anyway, to be looking at the floor more than people upright.
  • AssassinoX1
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    You're a sitting duck and easy to flank when using an MMG. You can barely hip fire. The gun is loud and you're less likely to hear footsteps coming your way. You're also WAY more susceptible to headshots and quicker deaths. It takes some good aim depending on the gun so to get into a firefight with one you have an opportunity to get the kill first if they see you but if not, then that's your fault. If they have a good spot to defend from and are mowing down your teammates, are you just going to follow them like sheep and run straight at the guy too or learn from your fallen comrades and flank? There are plenty of counters, and the class is fine.

I'm always in the thick of the fight throwing out ammo like it's candy, capturing objectives when I use a MMG. It depends on the player but anyone as any class can ignore objectives. If they are no where near an objective then they won't be getting as many points nor will be helping the team so that's their and the other teams problem.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay well note to self never come here for a discussion. Sorry to bringing my concerns to the table. Have a nice day everyone.

Don't be like that.

You brought an idea forward for discussion and the majority have not agreed with you. It's just the risk you take.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I died most often to assaults and LMGs personally. Although I mostly played Domination.

I'm sure more linear game modes are an MMG user's paradise though.
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    MG 34- 33 times
    MG 42- 31 times
    M1922 MG- 24 times
    Lewis gun- 21 times
    Bren gun- 10 times
    Other classes/weapons- 31 times.
    I'm playing PC and, by far, mostly Conquest with sometimes a few Operations.
    Those numbers are looking completly insane for me... I don't know where you can find this kind of game stats...
    Console and only Tdm ?
    I'm not trolling but trying to get if this is a glorious fake news or something real in a different game mode controller/playstyle.