The MMG Problem...

13»

Comments

• n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I died most often to assaults and LMGs personally. Although I mostly played Domination.

I'm sure more linear game modes are an MMG user's paradise though.

I was expecting to mow people down in droves when defending a point in rush/frontlines with an mmg. But you end up just being a sitting target for snipers and 3X scope assaults. I've had much more luck with the Lewis and shotguns than mmgs.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meeeeeker wrote: »
    MG 34- 33 times
    MG 42- 31 times
    M1922 MG- 24 times
    Lewis gun- 21 times
    Bren gun- 10 times
    Other classes/weapons- 31 times.
    I'm playing PC and, by far, mostly Conquest with sometimes a few Operations.
    Those numbers are looking completly insane for me... I don't know where you can find this kind of game stats...
    Console and only Tdm ?
    I'm not trolling but trying to get if this is a glorious fake news or something real in a different game mode controller/playstyle.

I think it may likely be exaggerated to stress a point. There are lots of mmg users on console but as with all things Battlefield prone usually means dead.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if this has been discussed, I usually don’t get on here... but I notice that I get killed by MMGs/LMGs quite often, so I decided to do a little experiment. Out of 150 deaths, how many times did I get killed by an MMG...

Here are the results, took me around 10 games to complete.

MG 34- 33 times
    MG 42- 31 times
    M1922 MG- 24 times
    Lewis gun- 21 times
    Bren gun- 10 times

Now, I’m not mad about dying, that happens. I’m just playing a game that emphasizes team work and objective play, and I don’t see that when someone in the back of the map is laying down, not playing the objective, not resupplying teammates, just laying there, without a care in the world.

Please just return these guns to normal LMGs. I don’t care if they’re overpowered etc, just for once would I like to spawn on a teammate who hasn’t move in 5 minutes because they can’t move and ADS.

This has been my Ted talk, thank you for reading :-)
    Interesting, but also surprising. I don't die to MMGs in anything like those numbers, and I've assumed that's because there aren't that many players using them. LMGs are a different matter, as someone pointed out here awhile back they've effectively assault weapons because they can be used so well while standing. I'm also dubious about the "back of the map" part, as since the unintentional double recoil reduction MMGs had benefited from was fixed they are not nearly as good at long range as they once were. I wonder if play style is part of this, i.e. are you going straight in the front door so to speak where a prone machine gun user would have set up and be waiting?

However it's nice to see someone come here with more than just an opinion, you took the time to track something and keep a record, well done.

• Meeeeeker
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MG 34- 33 times
    MG 42- 31 times
    M1922 MG- 24 times
    Lewis gun- 21 times
    Bren gun- 10 times
    I'm playing PC and, by far, mostly Conquest with sometimes a few Operations.
    Those numbers are looking completly insane for me... I don't know where you can find this kind of game stats...
    Console and only Tdm ?
    I'm not trolling but trying to get if this is a glorious fake news or something real in a different game mode controller/playstyle.

I died most often to assaults and LMGs personally. Although I mostly played Domination.

Xbox one, breakthrough, so yeah the linear map may have something to do with it, I didn’t really think about that before. I suppose in conquest and other game modes it would be harder to sit and camp because you have to worry about your back and not just your front. Good post, thank you.
  • BlindChance
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry bud, but 10 matches from one person is hardly proper statistics.