This Week in Battlefield V

The netcode in this game is so bad I feel Dice is faking the online shooter experience.

Comments

• Willhe64
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Congrats Dice on the worst online game experience I've ever had. Other games have set the bar pretty low but you managed to walk right under it without even crouching. 20 hours in and I'm fed up and done with this crap. I'll finish the single player and try and kid myself that I got my moneys worth. Truth is, at half price I still feel ripped off.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Willhe64 wrote: »
    Congrats Dice on the worst online game experience I've ever had. Other games have set the bar pretty low but you managed to walk right under it without even crouching. 20 hours in and I'm fed up and done with this crap. I'll finish the single player and try and kid myself that I got my moneys worth. Truth is, at half price I still feel ripped off.

Your feelings are just that....your feelings. If this netcode makes this game the worst you have played then you havent played much.

- COD and there peer hosted lobby system went from host having god status to host not being able to kill anyone.
    - Fortnite has way way worse netcode period.
    - Pubg is slightly better then fortnite but still has issues.
    - apparently apex legends has worse then bf5.
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »

Your feelings are just that....your feelings. If this netcode makes this game the worst you have played then you havent played much.

- COD and there peer hosted lobby system went from host having god status to host not being able to kill anyone.
    - Fortnite has way way worse netcode period.
    - Pubg is slightly better then fortnite but still has issues.
    - apparently apex legends has worse then bf5.

Wow lol best laugh I have had on here in ages.
  • G-Gnu
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly the netcode is atrociously bad and in conjunction with a low TTK it becomes more Randomfield then ever before.
    Either fix the netcode or change the perceived TTK ,things like stronger recoil over the whole weapon spectrum (though not equal amount on every weapon) and still keep the damage amount on every single weapon.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My experience has been that I didn't even begin to enjoy the game more until I began playing better and that took a lot more than twenty hours. For whatever reason or combination of reasons BFV doesn't feel good at first, it takes awhile to become attuned to this game, so consider putting in considerably more time before you make up your mind. I'm never going to be eSports ready, but once I figured out a few things I sure had more fun. Your mileage may vary, but trying giving it at least a hundred hours and see if you aren't having a better time.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the Netcode in Battlefield V is pretty average, movement and collisions are kinda sloppy, but hit registration is actually pretty spot on.

if you people think the netcode is bad in BFV, you didn't play BF4 in it's launch, now THAT is bad netcode.

you know what game actually has terrible hit reg and massive input deplay? Apex Legends, and nobody complains... because it's a popular game and it's everyone's BR darling.
  • TropicPoison
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the Netcode in Battlefield V is pretty average, movement and collisions are kinda sloppy, but hit registration is actually pretty spot on.

if you people think the netcode is bad in BFV, you didn't play BF4 in it's launch, now THAT is bad netcode.

you know what game actually has terrible hit reg and massive input deplay? Apex Legends, and nobody complains... because it's a popular game and it's everyone's BR darling.

Well in their defense for BF4 it was their first Battlefield game on next gen systems, BUT NOW with BFV there's no damn excuse.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone who is saying this game is good, or the net code is good, please go flog yourself. Yes there is a good game somewhere in there...? But it’s not there at the surface, anyone who legitimately believes the game is good just has really low expectations I think.
  • G-Gnu
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You know that netcode is not only equal to good hit reg , it must be good both ways.
    And actually BF4 did not have worse hitreg then BFV is you where lucky to play on server with players that all had stable and rather low latency.
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    Can’t believe people think apex and fortnite have worse netcode than battlefield v.

Oh hold on I think you might be correct because them games actually penalise you for a bad connection!
    So yes netcode worse due to YOUR connection
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Can’t believe people think apex and fortnite have worse netcode than battlefield v.

Oh hold on I think you might be correct because them games actually penalise you for a bad connection!

• ackers75
    edited March 20
    onylra_II wrote: »

Tend not to listen to battlenonsense as he has to run tests through a testing environment and not actual real games.
    And what I am trying to get at is many of the mentioned games will penilise you for a bad connection.
    I have seen many 100+ pingers on battlefield v rack up some crazy scores so it’s obviously not penalising them unlike other games are.

So when people say apex and fortnite have worse netcode than battlefield v it’s not true at all it’s just that these games don’t hold your hand while playing with ridiculous pings
  • CSO7777
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The movement in bf1 was less hard to track as it was more smooth
    I agree on the pacing of the movement, that was better in BF1, they got rid of ADAD-spam and stupid hollywood-movement.

But vaulting was more even more problematic (remember going prone instead of vaulting an obstacle) and getting stuck on environment was way worse than in BFV.

Netcode in Apex is really bad (worse than BFV) and having a long ttk really showcases how bad it is. You sometimes get more or less instakilled (and I'm not talking about cheaters, one-hit-kill-weapons or by multiple enemies firing at you at once). But Apex is still great fun because that's probably the only thing that isn't working like it should in the game. BFV has so many frustrations (issues/bugs) and net-code is just one of them. Also in BFV you kill way more enemies than in Apex, which really 'exposes' the quality of the netcode.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Tend not to listen to battlenonsense as he has to run tests through a testing environment and not actual real games.
    And what I am trying to get at is many of the mentioned games will penilise you for a bad connection.
    I have seen many 100+ pingers on battlefield v rack up some crazy scores so it’s obviously not penalising them unlike other games are.

So when people say apex and fortnite have worse netcode than battlefield v it’s not true at all it’s just that these games don’t hold your hand while playing with ridiculous pings

🤔😒 actually with both games how can you tell? Fortnite actually doesnt give a correct ping or network graph. And he runs controlled tests which is what professionals do.
  • onylra_II

You've got it completely backwards dude. All of those BRs favour the client hitreg under all network conditions, and BFV does not - though I'd like to see the ping cut-off for server hitreg lowering (100-120 rather than 160, or is it 150? I forget...). Those games ALL clearly offer a huge advantage to laggers. Furthermore, on top of their miserable tickrates, the response time across the board under 'ideal' network conditions in Apex and Blackout is simply atrocious. Not quite unplayable ... but jeez, they need to work on it.

BFV's netcode has room for improvement, but it's far beyond your little darlings.
  • ackers75
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »

🤔😒 actually with both games how can you tell? Fortnite actually doesnt give a correct ping or network graph. And he runs controlled tests which is what professionals do.

Controlled tests is obviously all he can do but there miles away from real world.
    Let’s not forget fortnite is all about building cover so it’s gonna be a massive game breaker getting constantly shot behind it due to bad netcode!
  • ackers75
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The movement in bf1 was less hard to track as it was more smooth
    I agree on the pacing of the movement, that was better in BF1, they got rid of ADAD-spam and stupid hollywood-movement.

But vaulting was more even more problematic (remember going prone instead of vaulting an obstacle) and getting stuck on environment was way worse than in BFV.

Netcode in Apex is really bad (worse than BFV) and having a long ttk really showcases how bad it is. You sometimes get more or less instakilled (and I'm not talking about cheaters, one-hit-kill-weapons or by multiple enemies firing at you at once). But Apex is still great fun because that's probably the only thing that isn't working like it should in the game. BFV has so many frustrations (issues/bugs) and net-code is just one of them. Also in BFV you kill way more enemies than in Apex, which really 'exposes' the quality of the netcode.

Nope apex has far superior netcode due to the fact it won’t hold your hand with a subpar connection unlike battlefield v.

That’s why battlefield v seems better to you!
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah I agree, his test are mostly on empty or controlled servers and on PC.
    That tells nothing about what the experience is on console and with some players with a very poor connection.
    He also does not test with different connections, just with his own.

He just makes a statement that based on his test with BF V the experience on console with the limited hardware (framerate) and 30Hz servers things must feel a lot worse, but he does not test this.
  • onylra_II
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Yeah I agree, his test are mostly on empty or controlled servers and on PC.
    That tells nothing about what the experience is on console and with some players with a very poor connection.
    He also does not test with different connections, just with his own.

He just makes a statement that based on his test with BF V the experience on console with the limited hardware (framerate) and 30Hz servers things must feel a lot worse, but he does not test this.

Ok dude, listen to Ackers instead then ... seriously? Hmm, lemme think - methodical, detailed testing in a 'clean' environment, or some random whinger's evidentially-impaired insistence that BFV "holds your hand"?? SMH.