I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »
    jog0ff wrote: »
    fook me, 181 pages of essays and not even 1 (one) reply from DICE / EA ... it looks like theyre not giving a rats **** about it (and us, bf community), its really sad.
    remember my early days of online gaming (Atari's Tactical Ops) and there was a community developed anti-cheat tool called TOST updated very often so it minimized count of cheaters drastically and just wondering, would be possible to do something like that for BFV (and other BF titles)? Guess it wouldnt be so difficult for DICE as they can afford to buy hacks, look at the code and develop countermeasures ...
    just my 5 cents :)

The unreal tournament mod, tactical ops? I loved that game, played it 24/7!

standalone as first, mate ..then UT mod due to OpenGL support :) tbh still have a boxed original games CD :) ... and missing palying it as f.
    great, old times.. cheaters (if spotted) were named and shamed ..and banned
  • paka90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have heard that Apex is hardware banning.
    Dice and EA have to pull something out of the bag for the Anti cheat when Firestorm releases or this post is going to be a lot bigger. Remember it only takes one cheater to Fec up a BR game.

Playing sometimes can be a chore when faced with lots of WTF moments. Its got to the point that I cant trust the game anymore...and thats a bad thing for an older Battlefield fan.
    I am hoping that EA/DICE give us some info for the AC in the next couple of weeks or even better our own server rentals to deal with this problem.

Just my thoughts.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    AntiFox08 wrote: »
    2HoleDoll wrote: »
    It´s easier than ever to control the recoil in this game. Just saying.

there is a difference between control and having zero recoil on full auto all weapons, just saying

Yeah, most of them are using no recoil. I watch one use the FG-42 sometimes and she has no muzzle climb. No hint of even trying to compensate, and she plays on PS4. There is a usb device that plugs into the console, then you plug the controller into it, and it works on both consoles. Offers no recoil, among other features.

That's the new XIM. It is specifically designed with cheating in mind, not just as a MNK implementation on consoles. What you could say then is that, effectively, every shooter on PC and console has no functional recoil on any gun, and minimal spread. I suppose there could be a way to code something that notices that repetitive pattern, beyond human control, and just stop the gun from firing. I think that is one of the things FF tries to do.. detect that automated input, but obviously FF wouldn't have any influence in the game mechanics.

I think that there is no way to stop cheating in anything. Then you end up with people thinking they need to cheat to even the playing field. Ultimately the people that choose not to cheat are knowingly putting themselves at a disadvantage. Literally every single thing that has a competitive component to it, people are going to cheat. There doesn't seem to be any moral imperative to be fair anymore. The consideration then is to choose whether you compete without cheating knowing that a lot of other players are cheating, or do you just not join that competition at all?

No, I was talking about the CronusMAX Plus.
  • Cropulus
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    a quick one: did you guys experienced opposite team getting their skills suddenly up? for example, theyre getting their ar$e$ chewed down to 100 tickets (200+ advantage to your team) and then out of sudden they're winning the round with 100 to 0? I've found it weird .. or is it just me? :)

Does not this have to do with the catch up system? In addition, people that leave the server get replaced, so you could have proper players coming in and turning the tide. I love those games.
  • Blutfleisch
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BL00DY-ROY wrote: »

there is a difference between control and having zero recoil on full auto all weapons, just saying

Yeah, most of them are using no recoil. I watch one use the FG-42 sometimes and she has no muzzle climb. No hint of even trying to compensate, and she plays on PS4. There is a usb device that plugs into the console, then you plug the controller into it, and it works on both consoles. Offers no recoil, among other features.

That's the new XIM. It is specifically designed with cheating in mind, not just as a MNK implementation on consoles. What you could say then is that, effectively, every shooter on PC and console has no functional recoil on any gun, and minimal spread. I suppose there could be a way to code something that notices that repetitive pattern, beyond human control, and just stop the gun from firing. I think that is one of the things FF tries to do.. detect that automated input, but obviously FF wouldn't have any influence in the game mechanics.

I think that there is no way to stop cheating in anything. Then you end up with people thinking they need to cheat to even the playing field. Ultimately the people that choose not to cheat are knowingly putting themselves at a disadvantage. Literally every single thing that has a competitive component to it, people are going to cheat. There doesn't seem to be any moral imperative to be fair anymore. The consideration then is to choose whether you compete without cheating knowing that a lot of other players are cheating, or do you just not join that competition at all?

FAKE NEWS!!!! XIM does NOT offer recoil control or macros, etc. I repeat. NOT!!!!! It might be easier to control recoil due to the fact that you are using mouse. The developers of XIM have stated several times that they will NOT implement macro etc, because they do not think it is OK to use. Get your facts straight before spreading false information.

''ANTI-RECOIL SCRIPT for XIM APEX

♦ 5 Slots for Custom Anti-Recoil.
    ♦ Every Slot has its own Custom Rapid-Fire.
    ♦ AutoSave Anti-Recoil on-board memory.
    ♦ Quick or Fine Tuning Horizontal and Vertical Anti-Recoil on-fly.
    ♦ Full Interactive Configuration.
    ♦ Display Info at Device Monitor.
    ♦ Anti-Recoil Options: Hip, ADS or Hip + ADS
    ♦ Custom Rapid-Fire

UNIVERSAL: Works for all games''

Just few of the features that people can use with Xim as base. Clearly offer's nothing.
  • BL00DY-ROY
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just watched / read about Googles Stadia and cloud gaming. In a few years time, every game will be (could be / might be) run through the cloud. Hacks will be gone..:-D
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just watched / read about Googles Stadia and cloud gaming. In a few years time, every game will be (could be / might be) run through the cloud. Hacks will be gone..:-D

FPS games will not use this for a looooong time if at all tbh, the bandwidth alone for a game at 1440p will be huge trust me I know this for a FACT!!!!

Getting that much bandwidth via UDP, at a steady 100FPS to each and every gamer is unlikely to happen for a game such as BFV. With data caps in the USA its just not a feasible delivery method. Sony even tried it and failed.
  • Cropulus
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fook me, 181 pages of essays and not even 1 (one) reply from DICE / EA ... it looks like theyre not giving a rats **** about it (and us, bf community), its really sad.
    remember my early days of online gaming (Atari's Tactical Ops) and there was a community developed anti-cheat tool called TOST updated very often so it minimized count of cheaters drastically and just wondering, would be possible to do something like that for BFV (and other BF titles)? Guess it wouldnt be so difficult for DICE as they can afford to buy hacks, look at the code and develop countermeasures ...

standalone as first, mate ..then UT mod due to OpenGL support :) tbh still have a boxed original games CD :) ... and missing palying it as f.

I started playing in the UT mod, version 1.2/6 or earlier, I cannot remember. The community was smaller back then. Also, you would not know the US community nor the Asian one, as we would not play on those servers due to high ping. Clanbase EU competition, was also EU based. I remember instances of "great" players being caught using cheats and within a couple of days everyone knew. People were so ashamed they would just stop playing the game, we all knew each other pretty much. Those were the days, that I was actually good at FPS games :smiley:
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

There are still people claiming the bans are not permanent, which just sounds silly to me...

I'm one of them. For one, you are taking what Merson says at face value.

Second: I have a screenshot of a hacker that has 2 days played. His current stats (his last round was in the Dec 10 banwave) show him with 16 hours played. How do you explain w/o a stats reset?

Am I saying that EVERY ban is not permanent? NO, I am saying that his BLANKET STATEMENT that ALL HACKING RESULTS IN BANS THAT ARE PERMANENT is not true.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

FAKE NEWS!!!! XIM does NOT offer recoil control or macros, etc. I repeat. NOT!!!!! It might be easier to control recoil due to the fact that you are using mouse. The developers of XIM have stated several times that they will NOT implement macro etc, because they do not think it is OK to use. Get your facts straight before spreading false information.

''ANTI-RECOIL SCRIPT for XIM APEX

♦ 5 Slots for Custom Anti-Recoil.
    ♦ Every Slot has its own Custom Rapid-Fire.
    ♦ AutoSave Anti-Recoil on-board memory.
    ♦ Quick or Fine Tuning Horizontal and Vertical Anti-Recoil on-fly.
    ♦ Full Interactive Configuration.
    ♦ Display Info at Device Monitor.
    ♦ Anti-Recoil Options: Hip, ADS or Hip + ADS
    ♦ Custom Rapid-Fire

UNIVERSAL: Works for all games''

Just few of the features that people can use with Xim as base. Clearly offer's nothing.

You've put the XIM and the heart of the statement there, you understand what you copy and pasted right? The XIM is used in the process, the scripting is due to different 3rd party hardware.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So MK use on console is allowed?

It depends on who you ask. The console purists will say no.

• jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I started playing in the UT mod, version 1.2/6 or earlier, I cannot remember. The community was smaller back then. Also, you would not know the US community nor the Asian one, as we would not play on those servers due to high ping. Clanbase EU competition, was also EU based. I remember instances of "great" players being caught using cheats and within a couple of days everyone knew. People were so ashamed they would just stop playing the game, we all knew each other pretty much. Those were the days, that I was actually good at FPS games :smiley:

haha, been on CB as well in early 2000's and I'm not a spring onion neither, clocked 50 last year :), remember having our clan server rented somewhere in Germany, even with clan TeamSpeak ran on it :) :)
    and yes, whoever got proven cheating, mostly leaved the game as no clan would take him in ...
    I'm really missing this tbh
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He is still playing today. Over 160 rounds played.

https://streamable.com/57iub

https://streamable.com/rk95x

51 kdr. 4.85 kpm.

1267.16 spm.
  • Elprez11
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

51 kdr. 4.85 kpm.

1267.16 spm.

That's petty bad! It would be really good if they would update us on how many if any players are getting banned. That would probably also go a long ways in stopping others from trying the cheats.
  • TFBisquit
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They ban some, others get away with it, I pressume the paid cheats wont be banned quickly.
  • Red_Label_Scotch

51 kdr. 4.85 kpm.

1267.16 spm.

Above guy... is still playing. 51 KDR, 4.85 KPM. 1 day 6 hours played. Last round, March 18, 2019. 160 rounds played.

Let's look at the leaderboard for Score per Minute.

One guy has 3589 Score Per Minute. 6 hours played. Last round, March 18, 2019. 21 rounds played.

One guy has 3027 Score Per Minute. 9 hours played. Last round, March 15, 2019. 45 rounds played. Over 6 KDR.

One guy has 2425 Score Per Minute. 11 hours played. Last round, March 14, 2019. 55 rounds played.

• SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

51 kdr. 4.85 kpm.

1267.16 spm.

Above guy... is still playing. 51 KDR, 4.85 KPM. 1 day 6 hours played. Last round, March 18, 2019. 160 rounds played.

One guy has 3589 Score Per Minute. 6 hours played. Last round, March 18, 2019. 21 rounds played.
    One guy has 3027 Score Per Minute. 9 hours played. Last round, March 15, 2019. 45 rounds played. Over 6 KDR.
    One guy has 2425 Score Per Minute. 11 hours played. Last round, March 14, 2019. 55 rounds played.
    But they ban a guy with a kdr of 0,8 and a SPM of 200. Makes no sense.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

I challenged him on the bans thing on Twitter. They aren't permanent and the hardware bans don't really work. They can pretty much cirumvent all hwid bans
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    SirBobdk wrote: »

51 kdr. 4.85 kpm.

1267.16 spm.

But they ban a guy with a kdr of 0,8 and a SPM of 200. Makes no sense.

Maybe he was hacking...
This discussion has been closed.