I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

I challenged him on the bans thing on Twitter. They aren't permanent and the hardware bans don't really work. They can pretty much cirumvent all hwid bans

I'm sure thats why he stated it wasn't a silver bullet.

*shrug*

Another statement bites the dust.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

I challenged him on the bans thing on Twitter. They aren't permanent and the hardware bans don't really work. They can pretty much cirumvent all hwid bans

*shrug*

Guess we all know there's no silver bullet. I think they feel if they just keep repeating the same things that people will believe it despite evidence out there to the contrary. I don't think they rate very highly the IQ of the Battlefield community.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

*shrug*

Let's say they do lock down a way to ban hardware. How is it going to work for the 2nd hand tech market when someone buys a gpu or mobo that does have a hardware ban?
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 21

*shrug*

Let's say they do lock down a way to ban hardware. How is it going to work for the 2nd hand tech market when someone buys a gpu or mobo that does have a hardware ban?

Basically people have to pray the seller is honest with them (usually never)
    Then again the standard second hand consumer isn't normally going to ask those questions.
  • STOPchris
    400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One game of domination going on right now.... One cheater in it. CLAP CLAP CLAP, EA, you have done a GREAT job with this game...
  • parkingbrake
    2783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wasn't getting mad at the person. Complained about the attitude that "there is no way to stop cheating in anything."
    But that is reality, there will always be those willing to cheat and those willing to provide them with the means especially if there is profit in it. All we can do it make it as difficult as we reasonably can and make the likelihood of being caught as great as possible. The problem with some game publishers--and EA is certainly one of them--is they're fine with doing the bare minimum in part because the PC platform (where there is far more cheating than on consoles) is no longer important to them and also because we keep buying their games despite often high levels of cheating. They don't care about this issue because there is no financial penalty for doing such a poor job.
  • TFBisquit
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel this entire engine is just full of holes, beyond repair.
    And while I like the way battlefield games play, this is just intolerable. So I will play the occasional rounds until I’m tired of it, but won’t buy any bf game for a while. Because besides the real cheating, I’m now spooked every time something happens that feels off. Too much aggrevation and not relaxing at all.
  • parkingbrake
    2783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What we need is input from the Dice team here , followed by action in the form of additional ac measures for BF V. This thread is massive and surely warrants some proper response from the ac producer.

The current non existent/low to non existent anticheat measures are pathetic! This is supposed to be the latest and greatest BF game.. setting the bar.. what about setting the highest standards in the anticheat too. Restore faith amongst your long term fans. Or would you rather continue to support the cheating community and turn away any remaining fans.

Sort out the anticheat in BF V. Bringing back RSP would be a major additional plus but at the very least protect your game and your loyal fans who want a fair game.

Why should they care? EA already has all the money you're going to put into BFV (since there is no paid DLC) so why should they spend money on anti-cheat? They'll just wait until BF6 is about to launch, put out some PR fluff about the great new anti-cheat they've been working on, and listen to the cash register ring as another wave of suckers buys the new game in hopes this time EA is serious about dealing with hacks. They don't care about cheating because we keep buying their games, until that changes they won't spend a dime they don't have to on anti-cheat services.
  • Cropulus
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jog0ff wrote: »
    Cropulus wrote: »
    fook me, 181 pages of essays and not even 1 (one) reply from DICE / EA ... it looks like theyre not giving a rats **** about it (and us, bf community), its really sad.
    remember my early days of online gaming (Atari's Tactical Ops) and there was a community developed anti-cheat tool called TOST updated very often so it minimized count of cheaters drastically and just wondering, would be possible to do something like that for BFV (and other BF titles)? Guess it wouldnt be so difficult for DICE as they can afford to buy hacks, look at the code and develop countermeasures ...
    just my 5 cents :)

The unreal tournament mod, tactical ops? I loved that game, played it 24/7!

standalone as first, mate ..then UT mod due to OpenGL support :) tbh still have a boxed original games CD :) ... and missing palying it as f.
    great, old times.. cheaters (if spotted) were named and shamed ..and banned

I started playing in the UT mod, version 1.2/6 or earlier, I cannot remember. The community was smaller back then. Also, you would not know the US community nor the Asian one, as we would not play on those servers due to high ping. Clanbase EU competition, was also EU based. I remember instances of "great" players being caught using cheats and within a couple of days everyone knew. People were so ashamed they would just stop playing the game, we all knew each other pretty much. Those were the days, that I was actually good at FPS games :smiley:

haha, been on CB as well in early 2000's and I'm not a spring onion neither, clocked 50 last year :), remember having our clan server rented somewhere in Germany, even with clan TeamSpeak ran on it :) :)
    and yes, whoever got proven cheating, mostly leaved the game as no clan would take him in ...
    I'm really missing this tbh

Ah cool! I am touching on 40, so I feel you :smile: I was called !|ZdG|!_Ellesdee back then. What was yours?
  • zenn_nme
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, now that Firestorm is a week away...
    Let's hope the cheaters gonna make that they're new stomping grounds. B)
  • FierceBrosnan007
    963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ''Your comment will appear when it is approved'' ....
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11764 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • FierceBrosnan007
    963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Can you unbin my post please. Thanks. :smile:
  • FierceBrosnan007
    What we need is input from the Dice team here , followed by action in the form of additional ac measures for BF V. This thread is massive and surely warrants some proper response from the ac producer.

The current non existent/low to non existent anticheat measures are pathetic! This is supposed to be the latest and greatest BF game.. setting the bar.. what about setting the highest standards in the anticheat too. Restore faith amongst your long term fans. Or would you rather continue to support the cheating community and turn away any remaining fans.

Sort out the anticheat in BF V. Bringing back RSP would be a major additional plus but at the very least protect your game and your loyal fans who want a fair game.

Why should they care? EA already has all the money you're going to put into BFV (since there is no paid DLC) so why should they spend money on anti-cheat? They'll just wait until BF6 is about to launch, put out some PR fluff about the great new anti-cheat they've been working on, and listen to the cash register ring as another wave of suckers buys the new game in hopes this time EA is serious about dealing with hacks. They don't care about cheating because we keep buying their games, until that changes they won't spend a dime they don't have to on anti-cheat services.

They could have made a fortune if they had released a protected environment from the start and provided RSP to keep clans and communities interested. Seems as though EA are only interested in revenue made off hacks and repeat purchases with their half baked attempt at AC in BF V. There won't be anyone left to buy another BF 6 after the bad taste left from BF V. Everyone has left. Clans are fed up and have moved on. They should be increasing AC measures now, not in the next game. This is the current and what happens now will paint the picture. They badly need to try to restore some faith among the faithful followers who have stopped playing. Things are bad when entire friend lists are empty when they were once full with people playing most evenings in Bf 3 and 4. Dice/EA through their own ridiculous, blind attitude towards the fundamental issues in BF V have lost so much potential revenue it's not even funny. I and plenty of others would pay to have servers with an active client-side ac along with additional options such as a vote kick and server adjustments. These would go a long way in cleaning up the hack infested game. One of the biggest games and it doesn't even have an active client-side ac...
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fook me, 181 pages of essays and not even 1 (one) reply from DICE / EA ... it looks like theyre not giving a rats **** about it (and us, bf community), its really sad.
    remember my early days of online gaming (Atari's Tactical Ops) and there was a community developed anti-cheat tool called TOST updated very often so it minimized count of cheaters drastically and just wondering, would be possible to do something like that for BFV (and other BF titles)? Guess it wouldnt be so difficult for DICE as they can afford to buy hacks, look at the code and develop countermeasures ...
    just my 5 cents :)

The unreal tournament mod, tactical ops? I loved that game, played it 24/7!

standalone as first, mate ..then UT mod due to OpenGL support :) tbh still have a boxed original games CD :) ... and missing palying it as f.
    great, old times.. cheaters (if spotted) were named and shamed ..and banned

I started playing in the UT mod, version 1.2/6 or earlier, I cannot remember. The community was smaller back then. Also, you would not know the US community nor the Asian one, as we would not play on those servers due to high ping. Clanbase EU competition, was also EU based. I remember instances of "great" players being caught using cheats and within a couple of days everyone knew. People were so ashamed they would just stop playing the game, we all knew each other pretty much. Those were the days, that I was actually good at FPS games :smiley:

haha, been on CB as well in early 2000's and I'm not a spring onion neither, clocked 50 last year :), remember having our clan server rented somewhere in Germany, even with clan TeamSpeak ran on it :) :)
    and yes, whoever got proven cheating, mostly leaved the game as no clan would take him in ...
    I'm really missing this tbh

Ah cool! I am touching on 40, so I feel you :smile: I was called !|ZdG|!_Ellesdee back then. What was yours?

gosh, cant remember my clan tags now (there was a few and my memory got degraded to pretty much gold fish) but usually played as mAGix :)
  • DigitalHype
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

*shrug*

Basically people have to pray the seller is honest with them (usually never)
    Then again the standard second hand consumer isn't normally going to ask those questions.

The market would sort it out. Much like used car markets, or a trusted seller. Think a blacklist of banned hwid's (like vehicle vin records). It shady sellers go to bottom feeder markets.
  • DigitalHype
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Those words in his tweet were chosen very carefuly. Sure, they use them. Do they use them in Battlefield V? Maybe. He only wrote "in Battlefield".

Do they use them for every permanent ban? Almost certainly not. They want people to buy the game again or subscribe to premier and not be an obvious cheat the 2nd time. I'd wager they only reserve hwid bans for account-related shennanigans and repeated rage hackers.

I'd like Mr. Merson to clarify roughly how many bans are associated with hwid bans. Of course, we all know that will never happen. Because, if it looked good he would have already said it. Where is the follow-up Jack Frags?