In The Name of the Tsar

overjoi
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm new to BF1 and bought the original standard version of the game (No premium, no DLC, No Tsar, Apocalypse, etc). Disappointed that I can't unlock the Mosin Nagant by completing the assignments and there are no Eastern Front maps.

Can I gain these by buying "In The Name of the Tsar"?

This is an expansion, right? So it will show more servers in multiplayer due to having the maps (along with the original servers)?

Do I need to download any other expansions first?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    2540 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @overjoi Hello and welcome to the forums!

In this article you can find all information about In the Name of the Tsar DLC: https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/in-the-name-of-the-tsar-update

As far as I know you won't have to download this DLC as it's already installed with the previous updates for the game, so it should be installed together with the base game. You need to just buy the DLC. Also, you don't need to have any other expansions.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sometimes you can be invited onto the dlc maps if you're in a squad with others who own the dlc. So if I'm hosting the squad and I own all the dlc maps (which I do) and I invite you into the squad (from the main screen), I can start one of the dlc maps and you would get pulled into it without having to own it. But I don't know if Dice has this set all the time now or just for certain times of the year.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Emporer2 wrote: »
    Sometimes you can be invited onto the dlc maps if you're in a squad with others who own the dlc. So if I'm hosting the squad and I own all the dlc maps (which I do) and I invite you into the squad (from the main screen), I can start one of the dlc maps and you would get pulled into it without having to own it. But I don't know if Dice has this set all the time now or just for certain times of the year.

99.9% sure that was time limited unfortunately. Shame as it was nice that people could play the maps as a try-before-you-buy type deal.