New Plane Physics - Absolute Garbage (Video included)

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @Mceedj11 wrote
    1- The physics and drag mechanics basically reverted the planes back to the Beta.
    It's terrible, like flying a big fat cow again.
    I had been looking for improved speed, physics and maneuverability and instead some dev has pressed the "reset" button.
    It's typically DICE, pffffffffffffffffffffffff

Agree 100% planes feel awful right now.
    It is a disaster. We accepted this for a long time and they made an improvement that made planes feel just a bit like they should be.
    Now we are back to the start and can look forward to playing with this until the next patch if it's ever going to get fixed.
    I have lost confidence. I'm close to uninstalling this mess and go back to BF1.
  • CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flying in bf1 was super fun. Hate it in bfv and im sure that nothing dice does will change that. Im sorry for the pilots that like flying in this game. Glad im not one of them.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Mceedj11 wrote
    1- The physics and drag mechanics basically reverted the planes back to the Beta.
    I had been looking for improved speed, physics and maneuverability and instead some dev has pressed the "reset" button.

It is a disaster. We accepted this for a long time and they made an improvement that made planes feel just a bit like they should be.
    Now we are back to the start and can look forward to playing with this until the next patch if it's ever going to get fixed.

I'm in the same boat but it will be bf4 for me. I just want dice to up their game and take real feedback from people that know what's good either via CTE or in game polls that are not hidden in forums or twitter.

They need to add polls in game and make it so they can't be skipped to get a true gauge of how the Entire community feels towards certain things.
  • SirBobdk
    3935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Mceedj11 wrote

I'm in the same boat but it will be bf4 for me. I just want dice to up their game and take real feedback from people that know what's good either via CTE or in game polls that are not hidden in forums or twitter.

They need to add polls in game and make it so they can't be skipped to get a true gauge of how the Entire community feels towards certain things.
    I might go for BF4 as well. But I do agree that CTE or polls would be a really good idea.
  • Raspu71nG
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    omg DICE went from bad to worse.
    fighters planes are total garbage now.

pilots wanted a patch at least similar to BF1's turning speed (double the speed), but they went the other route and gave us the ALPHA BUILD turning speed which is half of what it used to be.

it doesnt matter when it is 1vs1, but it is not always 1vs1, most of the time it is 2vs1.
    no chance shaking off 2 opponents on that extremely low speed.

btw the British side needs a plane similar to the Stuka B2, which comes handy when it is 1vs2 or 1vs3.

worst patch ever.

• DirtyJott1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I totally agree with you Mceedj11..Flying is so bad since the update.They need to change it back as soon as possible.Why did they change it anyway?I don´t get it..It´s really more like cowfights than dogfights in the air right now..

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all honesty: How unprofessional are the Devs at Dice ? Their " Updates " and " Fixes " are now more feared then anything else. Pathetic....
  • SirBobdk
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    In all honesty: How unprofessional are the Devs at Dice ? Their " Updates " and " Fixes " are now more feared then anything else. Pathetic....
    100% agree
    We can't be surprised anymore. All air patches have destroyed as much as they have fixed.
    I wonder if they are testing what they are doing. It doesn't seem like that. Team of amateurs imo.
    Didn't think BFV could get any worse. I was wrong.
  • jajjemensan
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yah +1 on the patch going in the wrong direction. visibility and movement, more specifically more engine power is what this game needs. before patch it felt like flying in a old school-bus, now it feels more like piloting a Caribbean cruise ship. you lose all your energy 1/4 way into your turn, and boom you get eaten by whatever was chasing you. if the "perform more advanced maneuvers" dice was talking about was the game slowing you down to become a static target, well then they suceeded, but I don't think that is the case. seriously, the planes need more love, not trying to turn them to flying versions of the Emma MAERSK. And then there is plane vs plane balance. the new mosquito is pure and utter ****, because you get out-turned by exactly every plane in the game. it is supposed to sit in the same class as the stuka, but still the stuka wins all the time because of its faster turn-rate and that tail-gun. and the fact that the stukas dual 40mm cannons in some wierd way feels like they are easier to get hits with. balance this please, don't make the mosquitos role in the game to be a sitting target for enemies to shoot at. i mean even in the old mosquito I was able to sometimes out-turn a tail, but in the new one you just go down instantly. its like enemy bullets do more damage against it, or that it has less hp than the older one.
    and if anyone from Dice actually reads this:
    in the patch notes, it is mentioned a few times that below this and this speed you loose control, and at this and this speed you turn faster, please add a speedometer so you know what speed you are flying at. it would be greatly appreciated. and then maybe functioning bomber-sights? that would really be awesome.
  • NLBartmaN
    3057 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just played a round and serious the balance between planes and flying on its own are even worse now.

Blentheim bomber almost does no damage to ground now and rear gun feels weaker.

Mosquito 4000lbs bomb is delayed like crazy and does almost no damage now and resupply time feels longer.
    Front gun of the Mosquito is useless now, too slow with the reduced damage, while the Stuka canon is still OP like crazy.

And flying feels slow in speed and turning ...

If you spawn in a plane, you get some screenshake or something.

GG Dice, killed the game even more, everything to please the whining infantry only players ... the whole BF feel gets removed further with every patch.

Vehicles are a part of BF and need to have enough power and control to push an objective!
  • SirBobdk
    @NLBartmaN wrote
    GG Dice, killed the game even more.
    Agree. I'm done with this game. Worst BF game I have played and It makes BF4 launch and Hardline look perfect
    Planes were only thing that could make me play BFV, but that is also gone now. Amazing.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    6- The plane mechanics were perfect IMO. Some weaponry was overpowered sure (Mosquito) but movement and physics were fine.

Did you ever fly in BF3/4? BFV plane mechanics were trash and are still trash. Real dogfighting is nonexistent cause skill doesn't matter that much, it's often just a contest of who can break harder^^ Though you're right about the patch since it made the situation even worse ;)
  • Mceedj11
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    6- The plane mechanics were perfect IMO. Some weaponry was overpowered sure (Mosquito) but movement and physics were fine.

Did you ever fly in BF3/4? BFV plane mechanics were trash and are still trash. Real dogfighting is nonexistent cause skill doesn't matter that much, it's often just a contest of who can break harder^^ Though you're right about the patch since it made the situation even worse ;)

Each game has it’s own mechanics. BF1 and BFV have their own, so does BF4 and BF3 with it’s throttle control. Both were adapted well. BFV was good until this patch. Their were tricks in order how to take out ace pilots and maximizing turn angles and the speed was good. I’m ranked 35 worldwide and there are tricks you can learn in order to get behind other good pilots. This patch just makes planes a whole lot worse. It’s just shot to hell, slow, sluggish and unresponsive. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it. I was able to fend off 2 even 3 fighters (average players) but now you barely have room to breathe and counter several attacks. DICE needs to get it’s patch priorities straight! Not mess more features up!
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a survey you can take to express your impressions on the changes:

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/UyCsAH
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not enjoyable flying in this game atm. We are asking for a more nimble and faster fighter plane and instead, Dice decided to further reduce the maneuverability on top of an already slow-paced plane physics. What's the logic behind this?
  • Mceedj11
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Here's a survey you can take to express your impressions on the changes:

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/UyCsAH

Done thank you. I’ll add this to the thread.
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do the 'X only' players really exist? I do a bit of everything. It's what I like best about BF, always have - if I just wanted to fly I'd play Il-2, if I just wanted to tank, I'd probably play Post Scriptum, etc.

My perspective is informed by experience of ALL aspects of gameplay, and the ways in which they interact. 'Pilots' need to understand that those little dots running around are real people, not target-dummies/bots for your bombing/cannoning pleasure, and they deserve a chance to play the game enjoyably, not just act as fodder for the air Gods. And likewise, tankers need to understand that planes deserve the ability to influence the battle meaningfully.

It's a bloody difficult balancing act, and that's probably why very few even try. I'm wary of people jumping to knee-jerk reactions of 'game ruined, REEEEEE' mere hours after a patch, or, in the case of TTK, before it even dropped. If your only enjoyment of the game is flying, I'm not sure what you even see in this series - flying has always been laughably bad, and so far from 'perfect' it's not even worth taking seriously unless it gets so FUBAR that it starts having a negative influence on the rest of the game.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    And here I sit, trying to figure out how to win a 1v1 vs a Stuka with 37mm cannons while using a Mosquito :(

I can't out climb it, out turn it or out speed it in my low ranking plane, and it deals more damage while having more HP too...

EDIT: Also, planes feel rather unresponsive now.
  • Raspu71nG
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the stuka b2 is OP, it can destroy a plane using few shots.
    it needs a nerf or the british side needs a little plane like the stuka b2.
    the stuka b2 can attack and destroy enemy planes really fast and it can defend itself.
  • Mceedj11
    onylra_II wrote: »
    Do the 'X only' players really exist? I do a bit of everything. It's what I like best about BF, always have - if I just wanted to fly I'd play Il-2, if I just wanted to tank, I'd probably play Post Scriptum, etc.

My perspective is informed by experience of ALL aspects of gameplay, and the ways in which they interact. 'Pilots' need to understand that those little dots running around are real people, not target-dummies/bots for your bombing/cannoning pleasure, and they deserve a chance to play the game enjoyably, not just act as fodder for the air Gods. And likewise, tankers need to understand that planes deserve the ability to influence the battle meaningfully.

It's a bloody difficult balancing act, and that's probably why very few even try. I'm wary of people jumping to knee-jerk reactions of 'game ruined, REEEEEE' mere hours after a patch, or, in the case of TTK, before it even dropped. If your only enjoyment of the game is flying, I'm not sure what you even see in this series - flying has always been laughably bad, and so far from 'perfect' it's not even worth taking seriously unless it gets so FUBAR that it starts having a negative influence on the rest of the game.

You obviously over analyze or generalize your assumptions about other players do you? Well let me set you straight.

I may be highly ranked in planes, but trust me I’m also infintry focused (with a high k/d mind you but not that it matters in battlefield) as well that (thankfully) knows how to deal with planes from the ground and equally uses all classes and vehicles. I just happen to be very good in the planes as well. And yes, I enjoy what I do best in the game.

If you don’t know how to deal with planes or work as a team to take out an “air god” out of the sky, then you deserve every bit to be fragged by said “god” over and over again. It’s not the pilot’s fault, it’s your team who wants to play “enjoyably”.

Or better yet, practice your flying skills...... Oh wait, you can’t anymore cause of this lovely patch. Enjoy.