Walls are less destructible in this game?!?!

someguy12121
456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
By that I mean walls can survive several tank rounds before being destroyed. Yes I am shooting at walls that can be destroyed. This makes zero sense that a wall can survive explosive rounds.

Comments

• FocalCapybara34
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's bad, it was supposed to be a more destructible environment but it's probably the least destructive I have played
  • CaptainHardware
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depends on the tank gun and what ammo and specialization they are using at the time. Some can destroy multiple sections of wall with a single round, some take two hits per wall section. The strumtiger is the ultimate wall buster and destroys everything within a radius.
  • Skitelz7
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's bad, it was supposed to be a more destructible environment but it's probably the least destructive I have played

You must have not played BF3/4.
  • JediMastaWyn
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Destruction has been on a downward curve since Bad Company 2 imo... That game you could level the map and change the entire battle. BF1 to BFV most maps relatively stay the same!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    914 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Destruction has been on a downward curve since Bad Company 2 imo... That game you could level the map and change the entire battle. BF1 to BFV most maps relatively stay the same!

Yeah BC2 destructible environments were brilliant - it was game changing
  • barnesalmighty2
    1130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Shelling m-coms with tanks and rockets was amazing, why it was taken away is beyond me. More destruction please dice.
  • FocalCapybara34
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

You must have not played BF3/4.

Played 3,4 Hardline and 1
  • VincentNZ
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    More destruction does not mean better gameplay. In BC2 this meant that only one MCOM was under actual cover and once that was gone it could break the game.
  • Tullzter
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i just hate it when my tank shell is stopped by foliage from a nearby tree
  • someguy12121
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Shelling m-coms with tanks and rockets was amazing, why it was taken away is beyond me. More destruction please dice.

It was because you could completely remove all the cover and make it next to impossible for attackers to advance and would make the round devolve into sniper vs sniper.

The night time snow map I used to while our team was defending I would level the forest leading to the next base so if we lost the first base the attackers would already be left with little cover.