Weekly Debrief

Firestorm: just garbage

Comments

• bran1986
    5698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is that BR can exist but if this meme is the reason why we won't get more proper content, many true bf fans will be very upset. And because all BR games these days make loads of money there is no reason to believe EA can ignore its endless lust for money and not focus BFV around BR if it's a success in some way.
    As I said many times if people want to play BR there are plenty of pure BR games around. There is no reason to add that to every possible game around.

This is what worries me, especially since DICE is taking over future development of Firestorm from Criterion. If the base game continues to suffer like it has a lot of people are going to be upset.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm also worried about the direction things seem to be going in here. My worst fears will be at least in part confirmed if they don't add sections of the massive firestorm map to the base BF5 game. This is something that should be rather easy to do since all Dice would need to do is add spawn locations and cap points to the map sections and we would finally have a few new multiplayer maps. If you don't see this little bit of effort put into the base game then it is likely to just be allowed to wither and die. At this point I'm not sure if I want BR to fail or succeed. I feel like if it is a big hit the BF I've come to know over the last decade or so will become history. On the flip side if BR flops big time I could see EA deciding to cut their losses and put development resources into another game altogether. I'm also wondering how EA is going to keep making money off this game seeing as micro transactions have not yet been added and there's still no word on when that will happen.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh bugger off.

You've never played a BR game? So why should we take your opinion seriously?

how the hell someone can say this is fun or adds something interesting to the game?

is just about to run alone and find stuff ON THE FLOOR (not even in tables or inside racks), almost all the round in silence (what a blast!) and waiting for the ridiculous ring of fire to be smaller to get some little action

for me it is the most idiotic gamemode ever

This is what BR mode is and its actually pretty fun. It gets tense as you only have one life and you know that sooner or later an intense fire fight is coming? Question is, are you good enough to come out on top?

It's not meant to play anything like a traditional bf mode so comparing it is redundant. Simply, let people who enjoy BR modes play it, you have conquest to play and everyone us happy. At least try it a few times to give it a fair shake of the stick before ranting.

Except that's Battelfield's attraction. When BF1942 came out it was competing with Quake, Tribes, and Unreal Tournament et al. Basic TMD Mish mash, maybe some CTF. They brought out objective based squad and team play with ground, air and vehicle combat. When COD was the cool kid on the block they stayed with the multi force combined arms ops while others did more TDM. They used to, if not innovate, at least dominate their niche.

Now what? They've maybe put a twist on it but they seem to be following. They don't seem to be innovative, much.

One death? Been around forever. CS had that back when it was still a Halflife mod. COD had it in their Search and Destroy. Every BR game has it. BFV already has that in Final Stand. It isn't that much fun. Not when the bread and butter is ticket based respawn and combined arms.

Currently BFV strikes me as a jack of all trades, master of none. If a good squad based team game with vehicles comes out now every hard core BF fan will migrate there. The next time a semi decent BR game comes out all the Fortnite kids will go there. Which will leave BF with what?
  • VincentNZ
    2949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well BR is the hot ****, so that is the relevance of it coming to BFV. And the potential BR crowd is immensly larger than anything old Battlefield titles ever had. That said, I certainly do not need it one bit, but it might get more players into the core game. On the whole, even if it is not successful it can only help BFV as a game.
    Still I played 800h of PUBG, and I am oversaturated with the mode, and I do not see anything that Firestorm does differently apart from vehicles, which are a huge balance hazard.
  • xKusagamix
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    Oh bugger off.

how the hell someone can say this is fun or adds something interesting to the game?

is just about to run alone and find stuff ON THE FLOOR (not even in tables or inside racks), almost all the round in silence (what a blast!) and waiting for the ridiculous ring of fire to be smaller to get some little action

This is what BR mode is and its actually pretty fun. It gets tense as you only have one life and you know that sooner or later an intense fire fight is coming? Question is, are you good enough to come out on top?

It's not meant to play anything like a traditional bf mode so comparing it is redundant. Simply, let people who enjoy BR modes play it, you have conquest to play and everyone us happy. At least try it a few times to give it a fair shake of the stick before ranting.

Except that's Battelfield's attraction. When BF1942 came out it was competing with Quake, Tribes, and Unreal Tournament et al. Basic TMD Mish mash, maybe some CTF. They brought out objective based squad and team play with ground, air and vehicle combat. When COD was the cool kid on the block they stayed with the multi force combined arms ops while others did more TDM. They used to, if not innovate, at least dominate their niche.

Now what? They've maybe put a twist on it but they seem to be following. They don't seem to be innovative, much.

One death? Been around forever. CS had that back when it was still a Halflife mod. COD had it in their Search and Destroy. Every BR game has it. BFV already has that in Final Stand. It isn't that much fun. Not when the bread and butter is ticket based respawn and combined arms.

Currently BFV strikes me as a jack of all trades, master of none. If a good squad based team game with vehicles comes out now every hard core BF fan will migrate there. The next time a semi decent BR game comes out all the Fortnite kids will go there. Which will leave BF with what?
    Except that they did innovate, like a lot in BFV, that's the reason why a lot of people against those sudden change to the core gameplay that has been around for almost 10 years. You're only judging how less innovate they are with Firestorm, but it's just an addition to a game, not represent the whole game itself, and they do make BR as their own way.

DICE developed Frostbite engine, which no one asked for it while other like COD just modify the old game engine.
    They made Rush mode for Bad Company 2.
    For every games they make something new, but there're just a lot of things got redesigned by them for BFV, if you look back and compare, like no other BFV has the most things, most basic things that got a new breath into its.

Yes, some of its turn out to be frustrating for some while other appriciate it. Some not even work properly or not even get into the game (teammate dragging). After Bad Company 2 with Frostbine engine and Rush mode, BFV has the most innovate things compare to the previous titles.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes its toss , at least give us other stuff instead of concentrating on an unneeded and unwanted game mode, this is the first BF game since 42 tht I cant play because its such guff
  • DingoKillr
    3557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    namvn wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    This is a joke right, Westie and Jackfrag like this.

Firestorm has a slower TTK than BFV. It is like the bullet sponges in CA the ones some complained about, in many case it is a 1 bullet more than what the same yappers complained about a few months back.

Some simple maths the same bullet damage as BFV with 150 Hp.

it's normal to have slow TTK is BR games, because you only live once
    Final Stand.

• Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Oh bugger off.

Except that they did innovate, like a lot in BFV, that's the reason why a lot of people against those sudden change to the core gameplay that has been around for almost 10 years. You're only judging how less innovate they are with Firestorm, but it's just an addition to a game, not represent the whole game itself, and they do make BR as their own way.

DICE developed Frostbite engine, which no one asked for it while other like COD just modify the old game engine.
    For every games they make something new, but there're just a lot of things got redesigned by them for BFV, if you look back and compare, like no other BFV has the most things, most basic things that got a new breath into its.

Yes, some of its turn out to be frustrating for some while other appriciate it. Some not even work properly or not even get into the game (teammate dragging). After Bad Company 2 with Frostbine engine and Rush mode, BFV has the most innovate things compare to the previous titles.

Sorry I was unclear.

I agree 100% with what you are saying. Except for the lack of BF1942 sea vehicles, which I was hoping for, I was talking exclusively about Firestorm. Which is what I was replying to.

• xKusagamix
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Oh bugger off.

Sorry I was unclear.

I agree 100% with what you are saying. Except for the lack of BF1942 sea vehicles, which I was hoping for, I was talking exclusively about Firestorm. Which is what I was replying to.
    Yeah, there're something in the previous titles that rarely appear to the new games.

And about Firestorm, i'm really don't care about it that much because BR genre was never my thing, so i'll just let other to tell if it's good enough. I'll just enjoy Conquest anyway, Grand Operation is fun too, but it's a cheater magnet in Asia.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    EA exec at Dice Meeting:

"Put that coffee down! Coffee's for closers only! I'm from downtown on a mission of mercy, let's get this meeting started."

"You losers are hurting sales, we need more sales! We need to diversify to gain market share. Where are your ideas? Red Dead Redemption 2 is selling like hotcakes, we are gonna have Dice add horses, have horse races, horse betting, and collect beaver belts for coins to unlock a trendy raccoon skin hat. Tetris and Candy Crush are always a solid sellers, modify the existing Minecraft Builder Bob fortification mechanic into the a mini game by having you match the sandbag fortifications by shape and color - sound fun? It would a huge draw to the mobile gaming demographic."

"Does everybody remember that sweet story about the Christmas cease fire soccer game? Well, we even had a commemorative dog tag in BF1. Madden and FIFA also kill it, so we are gonna add that as mini games as well - let's draw the sports gamer crew."

"How about a Instagram import feature? Rainbow six had that import your face feature, we should add a pay feature that capitalizes on the narcissism of the selfie crowd, they will pay through the nose to import their cute new bikini or speedo - it will add so much to the community."

"You losers get the idea?

EA's designated Devil Advocate:

Wont' that that have a negative effect on BF's core game play? What about resource management?

EA Exec:

You're FIRED!!!
  • olavafar
    1960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm well I thought to myself. "I do not think I'll like it and if I would like to play BR I could play Apex Legends at no extra cost (I have done a few rounds, not my cup of tea). Still I will try to be optimistic about it..."

Then I saw (scrolled through) JF's video. He was enthusiastic (he seems to like BR and played a lot of PUBG and other BR on his channel). Then I heard that final comment in the game he won. 3 kills!!! Yes, he got three kills and won! I just have a hard time finding any fun in that.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've never played a BR game, i was never interested in that gamemode, i've just watched jackfrags firestorm gameplay and all can i say is this is just garbage, boring as hell, it is not a legit Battlefield gamemode, doesn't fit with WWII atmosphere, a waste of time, a waste of everything

i'll rather get more maps and weapons than this useless gamemode
    battlefield is dying

Just watched the same video. I was hoping for something that I would like. Not saying I won't try it but like all of the BR's I have tried, I just find it boring. Heck, while watching his video yesterday I remember thinking that at 6 and a half minutes in he is still scavenging for supplies. I'm sorry but that doesn't appeal to me.
    It's weird but I have feelings of....almost a jealousy I think. Mostly because I get the feeling that assets that couldve went to the core game, instead went to Firestorm.
    I'll wait making a final judgement until the new roadmap drops, but damn the core game needs at least some new maps. Not a map. Maps.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is that BR can exist but if this meme is the reason why we won't get more proper content, many true bf fans will be very upset. And because all BR games these days make loads of money there is no reason to believe EA can ignore its endless lust for money and not focus BFV around BR if it's a success in some way.
    As I said many times if people want to play BR there are plenty of pure BR games around. There is no reason to add that to every possible new game.

You can already see this from the Firestorm Gameplay. Why arent the JU-52, the Schwimmwagen, etc. in the main Game ?! Why hadnt we seen an interesting Map with for example the Damn and other parts in the main Game ?!
    Imagine: A Norway map with dense woods and a big Damn which you could also enter instead of this horrible Fjell map ?! Close Quarter Firefights inside and also Bunkers!!! while distance fighting happens outside.
    Something for everyone.
  • TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BR is what I like to call a 'running, camp, and run again simulator'.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Basically, zergquest.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It becomes more and more clear that all of BF V was build around the Battle Royal Mode. The insane sprinting speed of the Super Soldiers ? Makes " sense " when you imagine it with a closing ring of Fire.
    The weak, worthless Tanks combined with a subsystem damage that only effects them and not Infantry ? Makes also sense when thinking about BR because otherwise they would be too strong in that mode.
    The combination of camping and poor visibility on the one side while zerging/run and gun by Super Soldiers on the other now becomes also clear.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    In a word - GENERIC. Whoever thought this would be a big draw is delirious.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You mustn't be familiar with milsims, light-milsims or other actual running, tiring, walking, running again, tiring again, camping, dying, respawn simulators XD

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

That's all I got from this thread.