So where does BF go from here?

BullseyeJimBowen
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Apologies if this has been posted a million times before, but I'm curious to know where you see the franchise heading now?

Personally, I don't like V: but crucially I can see why people do. On paper it's more tactical, more lethal and more team focussed- in reality I find it a bit of a mess and not terribly fun, which is an opinion I think held by about half of the community.

I prefer the crazy, epic crash-bang of BF1 and BC2 (I'm more casual than competitive) but a lot of the elements introduced in V don't gel with this play style.

So what next? Do you think Dice and EA will continue the TTK-no spot, hide and gun gameplay introduced here or, given the flak this game has got, roll it back to a more casual play style? Could the BF franchise split into two types of game, maybe roll out Bad Company games alongside BF proper? Or would that stretch the Devs and diminish output even more?

Comments

• mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will tell you where it goes from here,about a week of hype for firestorm before everyone gets bored then its goes straight into the bin where it belongs.
  • Jokai77
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why do so many of you that hate BFV hang around here?
  • Jokai77
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes BFV has plenty of room to improve but to say it sucks?

I'm still enjoying playing it as many others are.

I guess I'm in the minority accordingto most that post on here?
  • ElliotLH
    8202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jokai77 wrote: »

We just enjoy a good old fashioned moan around here ;)
  • Jokai77
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    We just enjoy a good old fashioned moan around here ;)

:D that does seem to be the case!
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

well what do you refer to as enjoyment. the trivial moment to moment ecstasy from winning a gunfight? the moment you win a round?
    sure you can enjoy the game no question asked here but for every moment of enjoyment i can name at least one thing that grinds my gears and those of many others as well.
    the game could've been awesome but DICE took too long to make the necessary adjustments. after 4 months did they decide semi-autos are too good (something we told them in the BETA). in general the overall balance in BFV is still a hot mess at best. contradicting gameplay decisions are plentiful.
    negative aspects of any product will always outweigh any good content thats just how most ppl work nowadays but in BFV there simply is so much need for improvement its astonishing they dared to release it in november because we are still some ways away from a stable and working product like it was promised/advertised
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Into the bin after firestorm, its been years since you gave us something decent
  • Jokai77
    People forget how much of a mess BF4 was for almost a year after release, BFV has been at least playable since release.

Also how many people hated BF1 but now seem to love it?

I can't convince those that dislike BFV to change their minds but it seems unfair the amount of hate it gets.

I enjoy the gameplay, I love the atmosphere in the game, despite what many say it does feel like a WWII game.

Seems to me that unless it is D-Day or one of the battles after D-Day then people say it isn't WWII!?!

The gunplay is solid, certainly feels better then BF1's gunplay.

Yes it can be frustrating with the Snipers not PTFO or the prone campers, especially in Breakthrough, being my new goto Gamemode as Conquest feels a little stale these days.

My fear is due to the sometimes unjustified or misplaced hate/anger with the game, DICE and even EA (who I'm no fan of), BFV won't get the longterm support, updates, content being new Factions & Maps that it deserves. Especially now they dropped Premium, which many on here had been calling for.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I enjoy the gameplay, I love the atmosphere in the game, despite what many say it does feel like a WWII game.

Me too I have been loving the game and all of the games modes really but I look up to see whats new and its new unwanted firestorm crap and nothing else, seems like a kick in the balls after we have been here supporting them all this time, they just go chasing more players instead of concentrating on the ones they have already have.
  • dcs500
    1406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just make enemy players visible and sort out the weird TTD and crazy bugs and it will be fine.
  • Jokai77
    RayVonUK wrote: »
    Me too I have been loving the game and all of the games modes really but I look up to see whats new and its new unwanted firestorm crap and nothing else

I will try Firestorm but I dislike BR games, just not my thing, and it does feel like someone, whether it be DICE or EA, are pinning their hopes of Firestorm being a success.

Hopefully it is but not to the point the main game, which most BF players play BF games for, is overlooked by DICE/EA.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d like even more visibility, better TTK/TTD and more fun. BF1 maybe “casual” but it is fun, and better looking. I don’t mind where or when the next BF game is set, as long as it’s as much fun as BF1.
  • DingoKillr
    3509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted a million times before, but I'm curious to know where you see the franchise heading now?

Personally, I don't like V: but crucially I can see why people do. On paper it's more tactical, more lethal and more team focussed- in reality I find it a bit of a mess and not terribly fun, which is an opinion I think held by about half of the community.

I prefer the crazy, epic crash-bang of BF1 and BC2 (I'm more casual than competitive) but a lot of the elements introduced in V don't gel with this play style.

So what next? Do you think Dice and EA will continue the TTK-no spot, hide and gun gameplay introduced here or, given the flak this game has got, roll it back to a more casual play style? Could the BF franchise split into two types of game, maybe roll out Bad Company games alongside BF proper? Or would that stretch the Devs and diminish output even more?

You'd have to ask the 'community' that.

For me, they need to backpeddle the 'hardcore lite' mechanics of the game if they want a broader player base.

Oh, and bring back 'fun' elements such as Repair Tool damaging enemy Tonks and deliberate syringe kills for example.

It not really the community either. It's the feedback given when that feedback source are small and loud. As they the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

We end up with a cart with 1 wheel large rthan the other 3.

That's BFV problem anything seen as a issue in BF1 or did not fit there BF3 remake got scrapped.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it time for PC and console to have separate Battlefield values?

On PS4 the vast majority of players haven't really adapted to BFV and as such a squad reliant game unless your playing with friends (who have all left BFV) it's mainly a disappointing experience.
    Add in the visibility, which on standard PS4 is atrocious and net code issues and general performance (Console plays on 30Hz) and it all further detracts from the BFV.

Not sure how V plays on PC, but if your willing to invest the money required to maintain and upgrade a decent rig, I imagine you take gaming more seriously so perhaps V plays more as intended.
    And obviously with a more powerful platform I assume BFV plays a lot more smoothly.

Does console need to be more casual and chaotic like BF1 to appeal to the majority player base?
    Do PC players prefer the BFV approach?
  • DingoKillr
    3509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Look at what is happening it where the feedback is coming from.

- We have complaints against commander being in game. Now we can easily have over 16 instead of 2.
    - We have complaints about pickup/elites which was up to 3. Soon we have elites kits dropping from the sky for each squad.
    - To much explosives spam OK we remove mortars and make grenades and claymores useless. It not like Assault will use their explosive against Infantry, they will only use on vehicles and buildings.
    - Attrition was meant to be for everyone, instead only half the games is set for that.

Then we have majority of the player base is casual(with time) looking for intense fun. Not the over inflated ego grind we have now. A good example weapons assignment task that should take time playing not something that locks in to a set style.
    What was so wrong with get 20, 40, 60 or 100 kills, instead we get 10 HS in objective in 1 life.

There was so many things that could have been kept or add but no DICE instead focus on 2 small subset of players run n gun competitive and what makes me look good on video.

Will BFV get better maybe but based on what happened to this point, I doubt it. Not because of people in DICE not trying, since they are locked into a small feedback group. That might have more to do with EA then DICE.

Will the next BF be better, I fear not until the feedback loop is broader like that in BF4 and BF1.
  • Jokai77
    I'm on XB1X and it looks great, yeah there are visibility issues still but that is more down to the proners then anything.

Rounds can be a slog when you have more peeps sniping then capturing objectives, especially on Breakthrough.

It does feel that Team & Squad play are rewarded more in this then previous games.
  • Hawxxeye
    5365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is currently stalling in the middle of the sky and cannot go forward or backward