I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'd like Mr. Merson to clarify roughly how many bans are associated with hwid bans. Of course, we all know that will never happen. Because, if it looked good he would have already said it. Where is the follow-up Jack Frags?

This is the best of today.
  • NN_Buzz12
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    Well, now that Firestorm is a week away...
    Let's hope the cheaters gonna make that they're new stomping grounds. B)

And the winner of round 1 of FS - a hacker, winner of round 2 of FS - a hacker, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I bought BF5 to play Battlefield. Firestorm is not Battlefield, it's EA trying to cash in on a different game. They've lost their roots. Sad

EA took my purchase of BF5 and walked away thinking I'll be back for BF6 - I won't as I have more respect for my money then they have for me (us).
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ...lets hope all cheaters will jump on FS now, it will make 'vanilla' BF5 playable, finally :)
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sw1ts wrote: »
    Its vey funny to read twitter,FaceBook,etc all day about Apex **** and FireStorm but nobody wants to talk about the real issue:the cheaters.Everyone is happy there and sharing high skill montages on those sites,how great is the game and this kind of crap but the reallity is sad behind the scene.How can they ignore all of this?i mean i pay 60$ to play a game,to have fun and what i get?bugs and cheaters.The bugs are not so irritating like the cheaters.They released this patch and didn't talk at all about the cheating issue.Ubisoft has the same issue in multiplayer games and they don't give a f**** about that,why should they care?I don't really understand this gaming industry.They worked a lot with this game,they put a lot of time,energy,passion,etc and at the end....take the game and play it,we don't care about cheaters so what's the point of this all work?the money ...?ok but why u don't care about your player community and their feedback?I don't really get it.For me playing BF V now its like: spawn,die,spawn,die....spawn close to to point C or B killed with Gewerh 1-5 from the other side of the map with 1-2 bullets.Exit the game,join spectator mode,record,report and after 2 weeks he still enjoy his "pro skills" over and over again.So i payed 60$ to play against cheaters,i don't know sometimes if i'm a low skilled player or medium or what i'm dooing wrong in this game....i have so many questions in my head but without a conclusion.This is how i spent my time in the game day by day.I need to stop playing this game for a while,i don't want to but i must.
    (Sorry for my bad english :( )

amen to that, mate
    last nite was on Aras, total slaughterhouse mean no place to hide, got picked up hiding in the bushes every time with no flares in the air ..so finally gave up and offloaded my frustration staying in UK spawn on AA gun ending up killing a few noob pilots
  • OskooI_007
    491 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol, I jump into BFV after not playing for a couple months and first server I join has aimbotter going 100+ kills half way through match on Rotterdam conquest.

Not looking good for Firestorm on PC. It'll be overrun by cheaters like the base game. Oh well, I don't like BFV's try hard gameplay anyways. Back to BF1. :)
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

I challenged him on the bans thing on Twitter. They aren't permanent and the hardware bans don't really work. They can pretty much cirumvent all hwid bans

I'm sure thats why he stated it wasn't a silver bullet.

*shrug*

Another statement bites the dust.

Let's say they do lock down a way to ban hardware. How is it going to work for the 2nd hand tech market when someone buys a gpu or mobo that does have a hardware ban?

Basically people have to pray the seller is honest with them (usually never)
    Then again the standard second hand consumer isn't normally going to ask those questions.

Okay. Whether people ask or not my point is it will complicate the 2nd hand tech market. Someone will buy a gpu on Ebay find out it's been hw banned then open a case against the seller who will then say it must have been the buyer who has been banned siance they've had it etc etc. They would have to have a time stamp or something so people could prove it wasn't them that was banned. Will add an extra layer of complication for those just wanting to buy a 2nd hand gpu or mobo.If they add a way to unlock the hardware in these cases to be played let's say on Battlefield you'll have cheats going through the motions to have the hardware unlocked themselves. Boils down to i don't think it will work in th long run
  • TyroneLoyd
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

I challenged him on the bans thing on Twitter. They aren't permanent and the hardware bans don't really work. They can pretty much cirumvent all hwid bans

I'm sure thats why he stated it wasn't a silver bullet.

*shrug*

Another statement bites the dust.

Let's say they do lock down a way to ban hardware. How is it going to work for the 2nd hand tech market when someone buys a gpu or mobo that does have a hardware ban?

Basically people have to pray the seller is honest with them (usually never)
    Then again the standard second hand consumer isn't normally going to ask those questions.

Okay. Whether people ask or not my point is it will complicate the 2nd hand tech market. Someone will buy a gpu on Ebay find out it's been hw banned then open a case against the seller who will then say it must have been the buyer who has been banned siance they've had it etc etc. They would have to have a time stamp or something so people could prove it wasn't them that was banned. Will add an extra layer of complication for those just wanting to buy a 2nd hand gpu or mobo.If they add a way to unlock the hardware in these cases to be played let's say on Battlefield you'll have cheats going through the motions to have the hardware unlocked themselves. Boils down to i don't think it will work in th long run

I'm just speaking to as it stands right now. Surface level. I already understood your point lol.
  • jog0ff
    edited March 22
    theres a solution: sell game with hardware USB key which need to be activated on EA and calculate HW ID using normal components plus HW key and Windows serial number (once activated, HW key and Win serial remains always the same), when core components changed HW ID need to be recalculated and updated on EA account with ONE HW key assigned to account possible. In case of ban, HW key and Windows serial gets blacklisted. It will allow to buy PC components on 2nd hand market. It isnt 100pc failsafe but would cost cheaters more money and hassle to get up and running again
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    jog0ff wrote: »
    theres a solution: sell game with hardware USB key which need to be activated on EA and calculate HW ID using normal components plus HW key and Windows serial number (once activated, HW key and Win serial remains always the same), when core components changed HW ID need to be recalculated and updated on EA account with ONE HW key assigned to account possible. In case of ban, HW key and Windows serial gets blacklisted. It will allow to buy PC components on 2nd hand market. It isnt 100pc failsafe but would cost cheaters more money and hassle to get up and running again

Companies that produce DAW and VST(i) software tried that back in the 2000s. It didn't work then and it won't work now. Enterprising hackers quickly found ways to circumvent the hardware key through emulation. Having a physical key means the ROM can be dumped and decompiled. With a physical distribution system, it would also be pretty final - once it was in hardware, the devs wouldn't be able to change anything critical to that system. In other words, once it was hacked, it would be game over.

Besides, it would add to EA's distribution costs. For that alone, I don't see it happening.
  • Micas99
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That's one thing I mention often in regard to Apex. The nightmare for that game is that people can cheat, get banned, create a new account, cheat again. The cheat seller I look at as a bell-weather on the state of anti-cheat for various games is selling their cheat along with a HWID spoofer. In other games, if you get banned, you lose the money you paid for it (albeit a small amount), but with F2P games, there is no consequence for cheating.

I'm not very well versed on the technical details, but I would think that the AC in games would be much more effective if they could look through windows system files, doing checksums and such. It could be that game publishers don't want to risk doing that. Many players would object to a game's AC scanning files other than game files. I'd certainly be fine with an AC scanning my windows files when the benefit is a clean game.

Then again, and I've said this quite a few times, PUBG seems to have finally cracked that private cheat problem. Use your google-fu skill and see if you can find a private hack provider selling PUBG cheats. I can't find one. I guess the next generation of consoles might be a step forward in the AC fight.
  • jog0ff
    jog0ff wrote: »

Companies that produce DAW and VST(i) software tried that back in the 2000s. It didn't work then and it won't work now. Enterprising hackers quickly found ways to circumvent the hardware key through emulation. Having a physical key means the ROM can be dumped and decompiled. With a physical distribution system, it would also be pretty final - once it was in hardware, the devs wouldn't be able to change anything critical to that system. In other words, once it was hacked, it would be game over.

Besides, it would add to EA's distribution costs. For that alone, I don't see it happening.

yeah, HW key might not be the best option, just use Windows and games serial numbers plus hardware then, it would work on , I'll say not-so-bright cheaters (which I guess are vast majority of all cheating dopes)
  • OskooI_007
    491 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    Micas99 wrote: »
    I guess the next generation of consoles might be a step forward in the AC fight.

I wish next gen consoles were here already. 2020 for next gen consoles is a long ways away.

I've been keeping an eye on Google's new game streaming service called Stadia. Apparently input lag is pretty much the same as on consoles.

The nice thing about Stadia is cheating won't be an issue and everyone's ping times should be low because both the game client and game servers run in the same data center.

Anything to get me out of PC cheaterville. Mouse support is a must for whatever I end up switching too. First person shooters suck with controllers.
  • jog0ff
    Micas99 wrote: »

That's one thing I mention often in regard to Apex. The nightmare for that game is that people can cheat, get banned, create a new account, cheat again. The cheat seller I look at as a bell-weather on the state of anti-cheat for various games is selling their cheat along with a HWID spoofer. In other games, if you get banned, you lose the money you paid for it (albeit a small amount), but with F2P games, there is no consequence for cheating.

I'm not very well versed on the technical details, but I would think that the AC in games would be much more effective if they could look through windows system files, doing checksums and such. It could be that game publishers don't want to risk doing that. Many players would object to a game's AC scanning files other than game files. I'd certainly be fine with an AC scanning my windows files when the benefit is a clean game.

Then again, and I've said this quite a few times, PUBG seems to have finally cracked that private cheat problem. Use your google-fu skill and see if you can find a private hack provider selling PUBG cheats. I can't find one. I guess the next generation of consoles might be a step forward in the AC fight.

yeah, wouldnt mind scanning my Windows files neither (unless they wont touch my ..ehm, adult movie files :) )
    anyways, as far as I know, PunkBuster was working on game files checksums..but might be wrong
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12084 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yeah PB ran off the checksums in memory, if a value or field was changed to a value other than what should be there.. BAM
  • jog0ff
    Yeah PB ran off the checksums in memory, if a value or field was changed to a value other than what should be there.. BAM
    just wondering why EA/DICE didnt use it in BF5 ... PB would be, most likely, better than existing (is it?) AC
  • Micas99
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags latest rant got binned.. if you would
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you play PUBG, you will encounter players using paid cheats ... I say that from 1st hand experience and there is no shortage of it. As for finding PUBG cheats for sale, I just had no trouble finding them on my first google search. As bad as Battlefield AC can be, I wouldn't use PUBG as an example because of all the improvements implemented, AC's in place, and bans issued, you will still have a dirty experience when it comes to encountering cheaters.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sw1ts wrote: »
    Its vey funny to read twitter,FaceBook,etc all day about Apex **** and FireStorm but nobody wants to talk about the real issue:the cheaters.Everyone is happy there and sharing high skill montages on those sites,how great is the game and this kind of crap but the reallity is sad behind the scene.How can they ignore all of this?i mean i pay 60$ to play a game,to have fun and what i get?bugs and cheaters.The bugs are not so irritating like the cheaters.They released this patch and didn't talk at all about the cheating issue.Ubisoft has the same issue in multiplayer games and they don't give a f**** about that,why should they care?I don't really understand this gaming industry.They worked a lot with this game,they put a lot of time,energy,passion,etc and at the end....take the game and play it,we don't care about cheaters so what's the point of this all work?the money ...?ok but why u don't care about your player community and their feedback?I don't really get it.For me playing BF V now its like: spawn,die,spawn,die....spawn close to to point C or B killed with Gewerh 1-5 from the other side of the map with 1-2 bullets.Exit the game,join spectator mode,record,report and after 2 weeks he still enjoy his "pro skills" over and over again.So i payed 60$ to play against cheaters,i don't know sometimes if i'm a low skilled player or medium or what i'm dooing wrong in this game....i have so many questions in my head but without a conclusion.This is how i spent my time in the game day by day.I need to stop playing this game for a while,i don't want to but i must.
    (Sorry for my bad english :( )

I did the same. Haven't played more than 3 rounds in months. I went to Metro Exodus which was great fun and now The Division 2. I won't buy or play any EA or Dice games again. They've lost my business after years with such poor anti cheat. It's a slap in the face for non cheating players how they protect and on't clamp down on cheats that have ruined endless games for others. Screw them
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!