Firestorm: just garbage

Comments

  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

    Reaction

    -REEEEEEE-

    That's all I got from this thread.




    Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
    Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.

    Whomever. Maybe Criterion could have handled other things, like the SP Campaign or coop, a few minutes of nothing being blamed for sapping recources of a whole game, rather than this that the BF community didn't really want or need.

    Those rescources and teams could have been put to many more maps, better gameplay, more factions and weapons, but instead, they worked on BR.

    So, my point is, there seems to be much more emphasis on BR, than any of the sp content, yet that was being blamed for taking other resources away, when clearly BR took many of the resources. And when we say this is all "Optional", of course it is, but not at the expense of BF.
    I'm sorry but you are not "the community" as a whole, because there are people that like Battle Royale in Battlefield.

    Same like i don't like meat grinder maps like Metro and Locker, and its weren't how they design maps like the previous games, but some may do enjoy it. They have to please everyone.

    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that no one like it.

    Well look man, i've been here for years, and i did not hear, not anyone but the You Tubers asking for BR on this game. And my take is, the You Tubers wanted it, because they were told by DICE, that's where they were going, and trying to push for something they already knew they were doing.

    After all, they know months before anyone the poop going on over there. But no, the community did not ask for BR.

    Lol wut.

    Lol what do you mean "wut"? Who the hell in this community wanted 'Battle Royale' on BF of all things? It's a total different game and mode. There's nobody here was asking for that. That was DICEs rocket science, yet again possibly backfiring.

    Plenty of people on reddit and I've seen a few people on the forums.

    Your comment is incorrect.

    Did I want it. No. Will i complain about something that doesn't effect me. No

    A few people on the forums. You're correct, because that's all it was. FORGET Reddit. A few gaming nerds following small potato you tubers out of the multi millions who buy the game are not the 'community'.

    Reddit is a community.

    Sorry that I dont subscribe to todays outrage culture.

    The forums are a vocal minority compared to reddit.

    They're a very small community, that i never even heard of, until i came here. The big gaming sites, IGN, Gamespot (multi millions) we've never heard or care of these few people. The fact is, BR was just not something folks asked for on BF. Unless you go by Teknocoders one fella, and a few on Reddit. But we'd have to agree, that's not a lot of people.

    Gamespot’s forum has like four active posters.

    IGN has the same 25 trollios fighting over pc master race, Xbox and PS4.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Kayback wrote: »
    Oh bugger off.

    You've never played a BR game? So why should we take your opinion seriously?

    how the hell someone can say this is fun or adds something interesting to the game?



    is just about to run alone and find stuff ON THE FLOOR (not even in tables or inside racks), almost all the round in silence (what a blast!) and waiting for the ridiculous ring of fire to be smaller to get some little action

    for me it is the most idiotic gamemode ever

    This is what BR mode is and its actually pretty fun. It gets tense as you only have one life and you know that sooner or later an intense fire fight is coming? Question is, are you good enough to come out on top?

    It's not meant to play anything like a traditional bf mode so comparing it is redundant. Simply, let people who enjoy BR modes play it, you have conquest to play and everyone us happy. At least try it a few times to give it a fair shake of the stick before ranting.

    Except that's Battelfield's attraction. When BF1942 came out it was competing with Quake, Tribes, and Unreal Tournament et al. Basic TMD Mish mash, maybe some CTF. They brought out objective based squad and team play with ground, air and vehicle combat. When COD was the cool kid on the block they stayed with the multi force combined arms ops while others did more TDM. They used to, if not innovate, at least dominate their niche.

    Now what? They've maybe put a twist on it but they seem to be following. They don't seem to be innovative, much.

    One death? Been around forever. CS had that back when it was still a Halflife mod. COD had it in their Search and Destroy. Every BR game has it. BFV already has that in Final Stand. It isn't that much fun. Not when the bread and butter is ticket based respawn and combined arms.

    Currently BFV strikes me as a jack of all trades, master of none. If a good squad based team game with vehicles comes out now every hard core BF fan will migrate there. The next time a semi decent BR game comes out all the Fortnite kids will go there. Which will leave BF with what?
    Except that they did innovate, like a lot in BFV, that's the reason why a lot of people against those sudden change to the core gameplay that has been around for almost 10 years. You're only judging how less innovate they are with Firestorm, but it's just an addition to a game, not represent the whole game itself, and they do make BR as their own way.

    DICE developed Frostbite engine, which no one asked for it while other like COD just modify the old game engine.
    They made Rush mode for Bad Company 2.
    For every games they make something new, but there're just a lot of things got redesigned by them for BFV, if you look back and compare, like no other BFV has the most things, most basic things that got a new breath into its.

    Yes, some of its turn out to be frustrating for some while other appriciate it. Some not even work properly or not even get into the game (teammate dragging). After Bad Company 2 with Frostbine engine and Rush mode, BFV has the most innovate things compare to the previous titles.


    I agree 100% with what you are saying. Except for the lack of BF1942 sea vehicles, which I was hoping for, I was talking exclusively about Firestorm. Which is what I was replying to.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

    Reaction

    -REEEEEEE-

    That's all I got from this thread.




    Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
    Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.

    Whomever. Maybe Criterion could have handled other things, like the SP Campaign or coop, a few minutes of nothing being blamed for sapping recources of a whole game, rather than this that the BF community didn't really want or need.

    Those rescources and teams could have been put to many more maps, better gameplay, more factions and weapons, but instead, they worked on BR.

    So, my point is, there seems to be much more emphasis on BR, than any of the sp content, yet that was being blamed for taking other resources away, when clearly BR took many of the resources. And when we say this is all "Optional", of course it is, but not at the expense of BF.
    I'm sorry but you are not "the community" as a whole, because there are people that like Battle Royale in Battlefield.

    Same like i don't like meat grinder maps like Metro and Locker, and its weren't how they design maps like the previous games, but some may do enjoy it. They have to please everyone.

    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that no one like it.

    Well look man, i've been here for years, and i did not hear, not anyone but the You Tubers asking for BR on this game. And my take is, the You Tubers wanted it, because they were told by DICE, that's where they were going, and trying to push for something they already knew they were doing.

    After all, they know months before anyone the poop going on over there. But no, the community did not ask for BR.

    Lol wut.

    Lol what do you mean "wut"? Who the hell in this community wanted 'Battle Royale' on BF of all things? It's a total different game and mode. There's nobody here was asking for that. That was DICEs rocket science, yet again possibly backfiring.

    Plenty of people on reddit and I've seen a few people on the forums.

    Your comment is incorrect.

    Did I want it. No. Will i complain about something that doesn't effect me. No

    A few people on the forums. You're correct, because that's all it was. FORGET Reddit. A few gaming nerds following small potato you tubers out of the multi millions who buy the game are not the 'community'.

    Reddit is a community.

    Sorry that I dont subscribe to todays outrage culture.

    The forums are a vocal minority compared to reddit.

    They're a very small community, that i never even heard of, until i came here. The big gaming sites, IGN, Gamespot (multi millions) we've never heard or care of these few people. The fact is, BR was just not something folks asked for on BF. Unless you go by Teknocoders one fella, and a few on Reddit. But we'd have to agree, that's not a lot of people.


    Delusion is strong in this one.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

    Reaction

    -REEEEEEE-

    That's all I got from this thread.




    Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
    Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.

    Whomever. Maybe Criterion could have handled other things, like the SP Campaign or coop, a few minutes of nothing being blamed for sapping recources of a whole game, rather than this that the BF community didn't really want or need.

    Those rescources and teams could have been put to many more maps, better gameplay, more factions and weapons, but instead, they worked on BR.

    So, my point is, there seems to be much more emphasis on BR, than any of the sp content, yet that was being blamed for taking other resources away, when clearly BR took many of the resources. And when we say this is all "Optional", of course it is, but not at the expense of BF.
    I'm sorry but you are not "the community" as a whole, because there are people that like Battle Royale in Battlefield.

    Same like i don't like meat grinder maps like Metro and Locker, and its weren't how they design maps like the previous games, but some may do enjoy it. They have to please everyone.

    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that no one like it.

    Well look man, i've been here for years, and i did not hear, not anyone but the You Tubers asking for BR on this game. And my take is, the You Tubers wanted it, because they were told by DICE, that's where they were going, and trying to push for something they already knew they were doing.

    After all, they know months before anyone the poop going on over there. But no, the community did not ask for BR.

    Lol wut.

    Lol what do you mean "wut"? Who the hell in this community wanted 'Battle Royale' on BF of all things? It's a total different game and mode. There's nobody here was asking for that. That was DICEs rocket science, yet again possibly backfiring.

    Plenty of people on reddit and I've seen a few people on the forums.

    Your comment is incorrect.

    Did I want it. No. Will i complain about something that doesn't effect me. No

    A few people on the forums. You're correct, because that's all it was. FORGET Reddit. A few gaming nerds following small potato you tubers out of the multi millions who buy the game are not the 'community'.

    Reddit is a community.

    Sorry that I dont subscribe to todays outrage culture.

    The forums are a vocal minority compared to reddit.

    They're a very small community, that i never even heard of, until i came here. The big gaming sites, IGN, Gamespot (multi millions) we've never heard or care of these few people. The fact is, BR was just not something folks asked for on BF. Unless you go by Teknocoders one fella, and a few on Reddit. But we'd have to agree, that's not a lot of people.


    Delusion is strong in this one.

    Look man, we can make as many excuses as we want. As we've made many excuses for DICEs blunders. Has that tact worked? In any event, one poster, and a few on Reddit, does not constitute the massive amount of rescources they've put towards this mode, when it could have been put to many other things, folks DO want. And that's the point.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

    Reaction

    -REEEEEEE-

    That's all I got from this thread.




    Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
    Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.

    Whomever. Maybe Criterion could have handled other things, like the SP Campaign or coop, a few minutes of nothing being blamed for sapping recources of a whole game, rather than this that the BF community didn't really want or need.

    Those rescources and teams could have been put to many more maps, better gameplay, more factions and weapons, but instead, they worked on BR.

    So, my point is, there seems to be much more emphasis on BR, than any of the sp content, yet that was being blamed for taking other resources away, when clearly BR took many of the resources. And when we say this is all "Optional", of course it is, but not at the expense of BF.
    I'm sorry but you are not "the community" as a whole, because there are people that like Battle Royale in Battlefield.

    Same like i don't like meat grinder maps like Metro and Locker, and its weren't how they design maps like the previous games, but some may do enjoy it. They have to please everyone.

    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that no one like it.

    Well look man, i've been here for years, and i did not hear, not anyone but the You Tubers asking for BR on this game. And my take is, the You Tubers wanted it, because they were told by DICE, that's where they were going, and trying to push for something they already knew they were doing.

    After all, they know months before anyone the poop going on over there. But no, the community did not ask for BR.

    Lol wut.

    Lol what do you mean "wut"? Who the hell in this community wanted 'Battle Royale' on BF of all things? It's a total different game and mode. There's nobody here was asking for that. That was DICEs rocket science, yet again possibly backfiring.

    Plenty of people on reddit and I've seen a few people on the forums.

    Your comment is incorrect.

    Did I want it. No. Will i complain about something that doesn't effect me. No

    A few people on the forums. You're correct, because that's all it was. FORGET Reddit. A few gaming nerds following small potato you tubers out of the multi millions who buy the game are not the 'community'.

    Reddit is a community.

    Sorry that I dont subscribe to todays outrage culture.

    The forums are a vocal minority compared to reddit.

    They're a very small community, that i never even heard of, until i came here. The big gaming sites, IGN, Gamespot (multi millions) we've never heard or care of these few people. The fact is, BR was just not something folks asked for on BF. Unless you go by Teknocoders one fella, and a few on Reddit. But we'd have to agree, that's not a lot of people.


    Delusion is strong in this one.

    Look man, we can make as many excuses as we want. As we've made many excuses for DICEs blunders. Has that tact worked? In any event, one poster, and a few on Reddit, does not constitute the massive amount of rescources they've put towards this mode, when it could have been put to many other things, folks DO want. And that's the point.

    Was I arguing about excuses or the falacy you made?

    Thats a good question for you.
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Oh bugger off.

    You've never played a BR game? So why should we take your opinion seriously?

    how the hell someone can say this is fun or adds something interesting to the game?



    is just about to run alone and find stuff ON THE FLOOR (not even in tables or inside racks), almost all the round in silence (what a blast!) and waiting for the ridiculous ring of fire to be smaller to get some little action

    for me it is the most idiotic gamemode ever

    I don’t think creating crythreads is fun, yet, here we are.

    so you like to accept everything in silence no matter if is ultra bad

    How can you know it’s bad? You haven’t played it.

    You know what was bad? Verdun. Played it for 120 seconds and deleted it.

    Lol Verdun was a great Game, can't say the Same about BFV.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Oh bugger off.

    You've never played a BR game? So why should we take your opinion seriously?

    how the hell someone can say this is fun or adds something interesting to the game?



    is just about to run alone and find stuff ON THE FLOOR (not even in tables or inside racks), almost all the round in silence (what a blast!) and waiting for the ridiculous ring of fire to be smaller to get some little action

    for me it is the most idiotic gamemode ever

    I don’t think creating crythreads is fun, yet, here we are.

    so you like to accept everything in silence no matter if is ultra bad

    How can you know it’s bad? You haven’t played it.

    You know what was bad? Verdun. Played it for 120 seconds and deleted it.

    Lol Verdun was a great Game, can't say the Same about BFV.

    Wut
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Verdun Bring a great WW1 Atmosphere.

    BFV Brings Zero WW2 Atmosphere.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Verdun Bring a great WW1 Atmosphere.

    BFV Brings Zero WW2 Atmosphere.

    Verdun was hot garbage.
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No Just because you don't Like realistic shooters doesn't make it garbage.

    Its an Indie Game that cost at Launch 30€. BFV was a "AAA" title from a big Studio that cost 70€ at Launch.

    And BFV is the worst Game with more Campers and worst netcode.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    No Just because you don't Like realistic shooters doesn't make it garbage.

    Its an Indie Game that cost at Launch 30€. BFV was a "AAA" title from a big Studio that cost 70€ at Launch.

    And BFV is the worst Game with more Campers and worst netcode.

    It has nothing to do with muh realism. It was a bad game.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ironic that Firestorm will have the least skills involved to ''master the guns'' compared to PUBG and even Fortnite. What did DICE do with the gunplay?!
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    No Just because you don't Like realistic shooters doesn't make it garbage.

    Its an Indie Game that cost at Launch 30€. BFV was a "AAA" title from a big Studio that cost 70€ at Launch.

    And BFV is the worst Game with more Campers and worst netcode.

    Ya okay. Verdun is straight trash and you’re delusional. Lol. Verdun is so bad @crabman169 gave me a free code for it and I turned it down lmao. Game is so bad I wouldn’t even play it for free.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree 100% with the OP, Firestorm is garbage, and should not be in the game.

    The sooner this vile business is out the way, the better.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

    Reaction

    -REEEEEEE-

    That's all I got from this thread.




    Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
    Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.

    Criterion was just subcontracted to develop the title under DICE/EA's direction.

    Criterion has never been in charge of Firestorm. Once completed Criterion's involvement with Firestorm will cease.

    40 minutes of footsteps with three minutes of pew, pew on a map that is nothing more than a hodge podge of already tired BFV assets and uninspiring map environments.



    This put me to sleep like the sound of pattering rain on a roof.


    you're right, they managed to make that giant map even more boring than most of the BFV base maps

    Firestorm is just a waste, and it's ridiculous that there are a lot of people defending it
  • SlowOldWarrior
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

    Reaction

    -REEEEEEE-

    That's all I got from this thread.




    Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
    Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.

    Criterion was just subcontracted to develop the title under DICE/EA's direction.

    Criterion has never been in charge of Firestorm. Once completed Criterion's involvement with Firestorm will cease.

    40 minutes of footsteps with three minutes of pew, pew on a map that is nothing more than a hodge podge of already tired BFV assets and uninspiring map environments.



    This put me to sleep like the sound of pattering rain on a roof.


    you're right, they managed to make that giant map even more boring than most of the BFV base maps

    Firestorm is just a waste, and it's ridiculous that there are a lot of people defending it

    Even worse, they think they are too dim to understand the wasted resource allocation - "If you don't like the mode, don't play it".
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    No Just because you don't Like realistic shooters doesn't make it garbage.

    Its an Indie Game that cost at Launch 30€. BFV was a "AAA" title from a big Studio that cost 70€ at Launch.

    And BFV is the worst Game with more Campers and worst netcode.

    Ya okay. Verdun is straight trash and you’re delusional. Lol. Verdun is so bad @crabman169 gave me a free code for it and I turned it down lmao. Game is so bad I wouldn’t even play it for free.

    No its Not it was a fun expierence and totally different from BF.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    I've never played a BR game, i was never interested in that gamemode, i've just watched jackfrags firestorm gameplay and all can i say is this is just garbage, boring as hell, it is not a legit Battlefield gamemode, doesn't fit with WWII atmosphere, a waste of time, a waste of everything

    i'll rather get more maps and weapons than this useless gamemode
    battlefield is dying

    Dumbest comment on the internet today, including trump.

    Don’t be a hater. MAGA

  • Soulbreeze
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't give a flying **** about Firestorm, but the only thing that ticks me off about Firestorm is that they wasted financial resources that could've been used on actual Battlefield content.
  • danops3
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never played a BR game, i was never interested in that gamemode, i've just watched jackfrags firestorm gameplay and all can i say is this is just garbage, boring as hell, it is not a legit Battlefield gamemode, doesn't fit with WWII atmosphere, a waste of time, a waste of everything

    i'll rather get more maps and weapons than this useless gamemode
    battlefield is dying

    Christ man play it for yourself before you form an opinion

    i don't like that style of game! it is boring, it is not battlefield

    Do you know how stupid you sound?
    You said previously you’ve never played a battle royal game before 🙉
Sign In or Register to comment.