Weekly Debrief

G flag on Hamada

KillerToasterBF1
99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The airstrip at the G flag, is a total waste of time

Just played a round where enemy players would hide prone in the rocks around the airstrip, lay dynamite and wait for the planes to spawn.

They did this the whole game, I seemed to be the only person trying to stop them.

The planes should have spawn protection, what’s the point in allowing us to be spawn killed before we’ve even taken off?

It’s particularly noticeable now that everyone is trying to use the new planes.

Fix it please Dice. It’s just one more thing creating a frustrating experience.

Comments

• CosmicStriker
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL no that is funny, and totally reminding me of the goofy stuff that happened on BF3
  • dannyB0i87
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fooled you once shame on them, fooled you ywice shame on you
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes don't need spawn protection. It's fair playing to shoot planes as they're taking off. Annoying if you're the pilot, hilarious if you're not. You take the risk by spawning into that plane so sometimes staff's gonna happen. If it keeps happening in the same game then just stop spawning as a plane and go on foot to get rid of them. Simple problem solved with a simple solution.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is there a G-flag on Hamada? I dont think I have ever run across that bridge on D-flag...
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    588 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is and it miles away from everything. Never got as far as seeing the runway though or if I have I've not seen a plane on it.
  • Yorksh1rePud
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Should always try and take G flag on Hamada to prevent the oppositon from spawning planes. Can usually get straight there from the very start as everyone heads towards D like sheep.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should always try and take G flag on Hamada to prevent the oppositon from spawning planes. Can usually get straight there from the very start as everyone heads towards D like sheep.

Yep. Defending G, E, and F is critical to win as defenders, and capturing them is massively beneficial as attackers. Once you’ve captured them and cleared out stragglers, that only needs one other flag to hold a majority. Most of the enemy team can’t be bothered to trek all the way over their, meaning you can hold 3 flags with very little resources.

Typically A and B regularly change hands, but if the attackers hold the back three, and then get D too, then it’s easy to get B as its overlooked by D. Then game over for the defenders really. They get pushed into defending A and C and occassionally meeting the enemy head on at B/D, but attackers only need to hold one of those 4 whilst the other 3 are sat uncontested normally.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They do like the D objective.
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's great when we do it as a platoon but sadly the blueberries tend not to spawn on them capture points, like last night when we all got killed and lost the flag we had to start all over again.
    Spawn beacon over the edge of the cliff by the runway is great as long as we keep Ddraiggoch727 or giggsy alive
  • Kongo030
    657 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also the AA let's you shoot planes that use the reload on the airstrip...