Weekly Debrief

New ROAD MAP - I'm Optimistic - (Soviet Union or USF!?)

Cpt_Blitz_26
280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 22
Hi guys,

The roadmap just dropped a few minutes ago. "Awakening the Giant" Fall 2019!? Soviets? USF? 3 new maps coming between then!?

I think Dice is FINALLY starting to deliver! Glad Firestorm won't be taking all the focus.

DjxJ7tD.jpg

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soviets? So not the quote from the japanese when they bombed pearl harbor?

either way, lackluster roadmap with little to no substance
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    Soviets? So not the quote from the japanese when they bombed pearl harbor?

either way, lackluster roadmap with little to no substance

Yes it could be, I'm wondering why they would release out of order though?
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    3 maps by fall is not good enough.

3 maps in 6 months is pretty good, because they'll have new modes and content release within that sphere as well.

But hey someone will always say "It's not good enough".

I'm just glad we are getting any of it haha. Been waiting to hear about new factions!

I'm still hung up on premium cycle from 3,4 and hardline in same space of time they had 8 to 12 maps so yeah it's not enough.

I could see that... yeah the last shooter I played religiously was Overwatch so I was used to about every 2 months or so.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22

3 maps in 6 months is pretty good, because they'll have new modes and content release within that sphere as well.

I'm just glad we are getting any of it haha. Been waiting to hear about new factions!

Pretty good compared to what? Not any of the previous few battlefield games. Or other fps games on the market for that matter.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    3 maps is no where good enough,they think this will keep the player base no chance.Never thought i would say this but even br wont save this game.

Yeah wasn't too hyped on Firestorm but the more I see it the better it looks.

I'll definitely be giving it a try.

I'm just happy to see they have new factions and content planned for the base game, because that was one of my fears - that Firestorm would receive all the focus.

As long is there is something major each month I think that's more than enough. I paid $30 for this game after all, and yet to pay for an expansion. So if the add new factions for free... that's going to be more than worth it for me.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Pretty good compared to what? Not any of the previous few battlefield games. Or other fps games on the market for that matter.

Will it even be an equal to BF3 or 4s launch content by fall?
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Meh, new Greece map in May and then, in July, Marita, which is set BEFORE Crete? What urban battle will it possibly be in 1941 Western/Southern theater? Hopefully not something set in bloody Greece!?

We'll see what will come in fall with this "new theatre of war" thing.

Also, new Combined Arms missions, who asked for them I wonder?
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    " Outpost " - new mode.
    Oh great more modes nobody wanted and despite that " Awakening the Giant ", no hard proof of any new faction. That title can mean anything, especially with their " Unknown battles " concept.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    And we have nothing else to look forward to until fall 2019 and no detailed info on the stuff that accompanies the next chapter. What we have in the files are: 3 SMGs, 2 LMGs, 2 MMGs, a Shotgun and a BA.

And i guarantee you that the majority of these Guns will be reskinned BF 1 Guns.....
  • Noodlesocks
    2898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will be America and probably Japan considering the "awakening the giant" line.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I argued and argued how bad live service would be pre launch many peeps mocked me for it. It's all panning out exactly as I said it would and everyone is changing their tunes now. It's too late though.

Mate, any reasonable person knew exactly how bad live service will be.
    B-b-b-but community separation...
  • Stahlmach
    Will be America and probably Japan considering the "awakening the giant" line.

Beaches ? Palm trees ? Maps with a coastal line ? Even ships ? That will never happen with this joke Company aka " New Dice ". And with their unknown Battle concept i even doubt it will be the eastern front.
    They cant even release the March map they promised in march but now we have to wait two months! Pathetic.