New ROAD MAP - I'm Optimistic - (Soviet Union or USF!?)

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    3122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I argued and argued how bad live service would be pre launch many peeps mocked me for it. It's all panning out exactly as I said it would and everyone is changing their tunes now. It's too late though.

Mate, any reasonable person knew exactly how bad live service will be.
    B-b-b-but community separation...

Everyone who had a at least a bit of common sense and who looked at games like R6 Siege and Battlefront 2 knew that Live Service is a recipe for disaster.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I argued and argued how bad live service would be pre launch many peeps mocked me for it. It's all panning out exactly as I said it would and everyone is changing their tunes now. It's too late though.

Everyone who had a at least a bit of common sense and who looked at games like R6 Siege and Battlefront 2 knew that Live Service is a recipe for disaster.

Excactly. While people claimed they couldnt afford 15 Euros for well done Mappacks.
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh so that Greece map that was sort of meant to look like it was going to be released at the start of Chapter 3 is going to be pushed to May, GREAT WORK THERE!
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3 maps by fall is not good enough.

You mean Spring.

It's a long wait and very disappointing. Was hoping to be shocked by an immediate map pack.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Excactly. While people claimed they couldnt afford 15 Euros for well done Mappacks.

Exactly. I always laughed at people who said that they cannot afford DLC maps. Like bruh, you cannot afford to put away few euros/dollars a month so save up for Premium? Are you that poor?
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

3 maps in 6 months is pretty good, because they'll have new modes and content release within that sphere as well.

But hey someone will always say "It's not good enough".

I'm just glad we are getting any of it haha. Been waiting to hear about new factions!

Normally 6 months after release they have 4-6 new maps
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But at least the community isn't split and that's all that matters.....
  • barnesalmighty2
    1597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    But at least the community isn't split and that's all that matters.....

LOL no lots of em left to play other games which is waaaay better.
  • JediMastaWyn
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You mean Spring.

It's a long wait and very disappointing. Was hoping to be shocked by an immediate map pack.

It is officially spring now!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

3 maps in 6 months is pretty good, because they'll have new modes and content release within that sphere as well.

But hey someone will always say "It's not good enough".

I'm just glad we are getting any of it haha. Been waiting to hear about new factions!

In one sense he's right, it isn't good enough, at least in comparison to previous BF titles where we got much more new content much faster. Look at BF4, launched with ten maps, had thirty-three by the end of two years. Of course BF4 had paid DLC to fund all that development and BFV doesn't, another mistake by EA which apparently thought skin sales would take the place of paid DLC--another brilliant decision, right up there with getting rid of rented servers.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    " Outpost " - new mode.
    Oh great more modes nobody wanted and despite that " Awakening the Giant ", no hard proof of any new faction. That title can mean anything, especially with their " Unknown battles " concept.

They said in the dev talk episode chapter 5 will have "new armies."
  • IIMechatronikII
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This unkonwn Battle concept is the most stupid thing. People wants famous battles (BF1942). What we get? Propably some **** in Australia.
    Live service= less money, less people working on game
    No one asked for new modes. They should fix Operations mode. Now this is pointless garbage in comparing to BF1 operations.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm happy enough with the roadmap. It'd be nice to have more maps than they intend but meh, it's not like it's costing me anything. For chapter 5, I'm also hoping EA Dice opt for some of their classic maps for the Pacific theatre, a return to Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Wake Island would be my preference but it's hard to know what they'll bring out. Their Yamamoto reference was a nice touch.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    bran1986 wrote: »
    " Outpost " - new mode.
    Oh great more modes nobody wanted and despite that " Awakening the Giant ", no hard proof of any new faction. That title can mean anything, especially with their " Unknown battles " concept.

I wouldnt even believe this Guys if they say that the Sun will rise again on the next day. And lets be honest: If you cant even say " Russians " or " Americans " at this point but just " New Armies " its just pointless.
    The promised so much and they always failed. New Greece Map in March ? Oh no it will be May. Maybe....
  • Redstripe101
    2586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    " Outpost " - new mode.

they also said in the 1st dev talk that the delay was because they were "cooking the best BF title in a really long time and they want to get it right". Which is laughable. Its clear the good half left the studio after BF2.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No new factions until...Fall? Am i reading right ? Oh boy.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get it. I don't need a new map every month but this looks poor.
    Also creating maps is a lot of effort but predictable. By know Dice should be able to forecast time and effort for creating new maps. Unlike changes to the core engine which bare big risks of breaking things and delays the map building stream should really be easy to reprioritize after the launch.
    Disappointing.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3 maps by the end of June??? That's it?

By June BF1 had received through dlc:
    Verdun Heights
    Soissons
    Fort de Vaux
    Rupture
    Nivelle Nights
    Prise de Tahure.

Not to mention exciting Operations rather than this crap.

Whatever happened to the Greece map wasn't it supposed to drop this month?

Dice seems to be under the impression that players want rebranded content rather than new content. You cant put fish sauce in a big Mac and call it a filet-o-fish. And considering how irritating some of these maps are, using big Mac in this analogy is generous.

We need new content. And by new content I mean actual new maps.

You forgot 7th map, Giant's Shadow.