Firestorm

D5RAT
2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Cant help but think Dice have put most of its efforts into creating this massive map and gametype when they should have been concentrating their efforts on giving the real BF fans more maps ,bug fixes, rental servers and hardcore. Battle royal is done to death and for the BF franchise to jump on this when the base game is so poorly received is crazy imo

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Cant help but think Dice have put most of its efforts into creating this massive map and gametype when they should have been concentrating their efforts on giving the real BF fans more maps ,bug fixes, rental servers and hardcore. Battle royal is done to death and for the BF franchise to jump on this when the base game is so poorly received is crazy imo

Dice isn't developing Firestorm, its Criterion.
    Vf7JCGl.jpg
  • BL00DY-ROY
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Done to death..? Maybe a lot are doing it right now, but there are many players playing it (Fortnite, Apex, Blackout, Pubg). I am looking forward to Firestorm.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It starts to seem less crazy when you consider the possibility of firestorm being the main focus of bfv.. Even if its been delayed until now..

Vf7JCGl.jpg

Either way, resources, funds, and efforts have been put into firestorm when they could have been put into making a "better, more traditional battlefield"..
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12858 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Vf7JCGl.jpg

This.

Either way, resources, funds, and efforts have been put into firestorm when they could have been put into making a "better, more traditional battlefield"..

Not really, Criterion has been working on Firestorm since before BFV was even launched, It is just going through an ongoing development.

Y'know, Kinda like when we had one of the campaign war stories missing on launch because it was still in development?

This is the same deal.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And Criterion worked directly with DICE to make multiplayer content for Battlefront 2s core game modes, which absolutely could have happened again for BFV. But didn't, in favor of Firestorm as a standalone product. So actually it is an entirely valid point to make. EA made a deliberate choice here and it was definitely contrary to the interests of people who only want to play the core game.

• EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vf7JCGl.jpg

This.

Not really, Criterion has been working on Firestorm since before BFV was even launched, It is just going through an ongoing development.

Y'know, Kinda like when we had one of the campaign war stories missing on launch because it was still in development?

This is the same deal.

I dont understand... Had firestorm never been thought of, the efforts that are going into it now could have been placed elsewhere.. Right? Are they developing this for free? Im confused now.

Disclaimer:

Dont let this comment imply anything about what I personally want in the game..
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12858 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Vf7JCGl.jpg

This.

This is the same deal.

I dont understand... Had firestorm never been thought of, the efforts that are going into it now could have been placed elsewhere.. Right? Are they developing this for free? Im confused now.

Disclaimer:

Dont let this comment imply anything about what I personally want in the game..

Not really, There are multiple teams within DICE that are tasked with certain parts of the game.

One team may be designing map content / changes.
    Another team for game modes
    Another team doing bugfixing
    Another team working on other content ( new vehicles / weapons )
    Another team working on gameplay features and so on.

Had firestorm not even been considered, The teams would all still be working on certain parts of the game individually to other teams.

As I understand it, if firestorm wasnt being worked on, the time between a bug being found and a patch coming to fix it would still be the same.

Criterion are a decent dev too, they've had plenty of experience in the frostbite engine particularly with the need for speed franchise, if anybody is going to handle the huge map in firestorm AND make it run smoothly, it's going to be them.
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20

Vf7JCGl.jpg

Dice /Criterion who gives one ...EA has directed funding at Firestorm (and messed that up to, 6months late) instead of creating a bug free BF with more maps, RSP and a damn hardcore mode
  • CSO7777
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice /Criterion who gives one ...EA has directed funding at Firestorm (and messed that up to, 6months late) instead of creating a bug free BF with more maps, RSP and a damn hardcore mode
    That's just speculations. We don't know how EA funds games. We don't know if the amount of money given to Dice is lower because of BR. It's still 2 different studios doing the different versions of the game.

The biggest factor in BFV's low content and massive number of issues are probably more a question of how little time Dice had to develop the game. SWBF2 came just a year before BFV and Dice had only one year to fully concentrate on BFV.
  • bigdaddygonutz
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    Vf7JCGl.jpg[/quote]

If you look up BF V in a dictionary 5 years from now..... I am afraid this is the picture you´ll see.

In the "Whats New In Battlefield V"´
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/whats-new-in-battlefield-5

They focus on 5 points and the first is:

"1. An Unseen and Unexpected World War 2"

.......... Man - you can say that again - this BF V "WW2 - look - a - like - game" has taken some "Unseen and Unexpected" paths with the "Battle - Royal - is - the - new - thing - that - all - games - must - include" attitude..... which is sad as BF V could have been a great game if they didn´t take the path of "Add more bling bling - and more game modes - and more sounds from all directions - and more shinny cannons on planes - and more face paint in more colors that you can buy for ONLY 5000 coins - and lets discount the game so its cheaper for cheaters" etc. etc.

But on the plus side they did get rid of the "crazy war paint women with artificial robot arms" and the guy that told us all to (beeeeeep) if we didn´t like the game.........

PS:

Call me crazy but I still play BF V everyday as I am a fan and believe they wake up one day and get back to basics - and overall BF V is a great game (yes - I said it) and some of the updates like "artillery barrage" and "smoke barrage" are great ideas.
  • D5RAT
    edited March 21
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    That's just speculations. We don't know how EA funds games. We don't know if the amount of money given to Dice is lower because of BR. It's still 2 different studios doing the different versions of the game.

The biggest factor in BFV's low content and massive number of issues are probably more a question of how little time Dice had to develop the game. SWBF2 came just a year before BFV and Dice had only one year to fully concentrate on BFV.

So your the sort of idiot that if you bought a car at full price and the dealer delivered it without an engine and told you it was still in development but you can have it in 6 months maybe and there's a few bits missing that you usually get but not this time like a drivers seat and windscreen. plus the doors don't open but we will get round to fixing that soon maybe ,you would be fine about it ...lmao BF is that half built half developed car
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited March 21
    So your the sort of idiot that if you bought a car at full price and the dealer delivered it without an engine and told you it was still in development but you can have it in 6 months maybe and there's a few bits missing that you usually get but not this time like a drivers seat and windscreen. plus the doors don't open but we will get round to fixing that soon maybe ,you would be fine about it ...lmao BF is that half built half developed car

Terrible analogy.

You cannot compare a piece of software to a physical 2 tonne motor vehicle.

Also don't call others idiots, It is flaming and baiting and it will not be tolerated.
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 21
    EA wants to 'ca$hcow' in on the BR hype... I get that; it's where all the kids spend money on meaningless skins.
    Though I still think resources for Firestorm should have been used on the Basegame instead.
    Post edited by zenn_nme on
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Gameplay footages are dropping in. Looks quite fun.
  • XDCFluffy
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe I will change my mind when i play it but i am just not convinced BF will make a good BR game. It just lacks the fun factor the BR games bring.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Vf7JCGl.jpg

Wrong. DICE did a lot of development work for Firestorm. Criteron finalized it.
  • D5RAT
    edited March 21

Terrible analogy.

Also don't call others idiots, It is flaming and baiting and it will not be tolerated.

I think the analogy works well . BFV was a half finished project that people paid good money for in the belief it was complete and working . The weight has nothing to do with anything LOL, Actually I will expand on it . They bring the engine and the mechanic fits it and for a short while it runs ok , then he rams a massive big screwdriver into the cam and tells us we have to wait a month to fix it :smiley: (just to be clear the patch is the big screwdriver)
  • ro7hbard
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    I am not a fan of battle royale games to be honest. Don't like the way they play out, like you have to run around collecting gear and then you get sniped by two players from two different directions every time. Can also be quite boring.

I think it might be a mistake to assume that people that like BF games also like Battle royale games. I am not sure if there is much of an lap there. I guess from EA perspective they see the money made from the likes of fortnite and think that they want to get in on that. Just hope it is not at the expense of BF types games.

But in terms of bf5 and ww2 it has turned out be quite comical throughout. I don't want to say anymore as might get banned as had a few warnings already on here.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I see some people are looking forward to this guff, I just hope they would give us something good as well, not everyone wants to play this new rubbish game mode.
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Terrible analogy.

It depends what aspects of each you are trying to compare. Perhaps, this exact one wasn't comparable. However, if the car has an issue that causes engine to shut down every 15 min (for whatever reason), that would be comparable to a BF5 crashing to desktop every 15 min. In this example we are comparing functionality of both products. Both products are functional, but only partially.