Weekly BF

New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure reddit and twitter are praising these goobers for it

Can't speak for Twitter but the comments in the Roadmap thread on Reddit don't seem all that impressed from the quick scroll I just had.
  • Toxic_CA
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly not too impressed with this roadmap
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Can't speak for Twitter but the comments in the Roadmap thread on Reddit don't seem all that impressed from the quick scroll I just had.

Yeah, reddit is ripping them apart. I hope Dice and EA feel their "Sense of Pride and Accomplishment"
  • Zviko0
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't care about new modes, just give me more maps and the best of all, awakening the giant. Gotta be pacific theater right? All I want...
  • ElliotLH
    8564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, reddit is ripping them apart. I hope Dice and EA feel their "Sense of Pride and Accomplishment"

They do seem to be, don't they? Quite interesting to see as I expected what Redstripe did when I logged on.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    But the player base isn't split and that's all that matters......

I agree, 0/0=0.

Thanks premium whiners!
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What annoys me is that it is just more announcements of announcements. What's with all the secrecy and hush hush about what's coming. Just tell people what exactly is planned.

And as it turns out, there's not a whole lot going on.

They can't have more than five BFV staff at this point, working 14 hour days.
  • Hawxxeye
    6040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least we can hope the next BF will be back to premium stuff. maybe this fiasco can teach people a lesson.
    I still maintain that a game does not need more than 60 currency to spend unless it packs real expansions, not these DLC maps
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What annoys me is that it is just more announcements of announcements. What's with all the secrecy and hush hush about what's coming. Just tell people what exactly is planned.

because that goes against core marketing principles. granted they are suppose to create value to capture it, i guess they are just blindly following the model of customer engaged marketing without any community relationship. I hope they dont think just brand power alone will save it either.
  • VOLBANKER
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

It is. Even though I think they can do better with the amount of new maps, I rather have fewer maps which will always be populated and in rotation than have 4 new maps at once that only premium members play for a month then are forgotten about forever (until they end up giving it away for free years later).

What premium maps died off 1 month after release??

A few of the Turning Tides ones weren't all the popular if memory serves but the mixed servers they added later helped quite a lot I think.

I remember game modes dying more than maps - like Supply Drop and Air Assault (might have got the name wrong there).

Premium should be structured as payed for early access to DLC and released to everyone a month after each release. We all get maps, us premium lovers get guaranteed stuff on a set time scale, no community split and everyone gets to play together with dlc added to vanilla rotation for all.

Its the sensible solution and I know many would still buy premium for 1 month early access. They could also keep stupid skins as a cash bump throughout the years too.
    This is a super idea, @barnesalmighty2 :smile:

I think it could work very well.
    I for one would be dying to get access to new DLC content and would definitely not be able to wait 1 whole month so as to save the money.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 23
    Stahlmach wrote: »

You can't split the community if there is no community lol. And trust me, people will be quitting this game soon enough.

With the words of Gordon Ramsay: " Its just bland. No seasoning, no flavor. And the Meat is raw! "

We're not getting our Lamb Sauce with BF5 apparently.

I'd even settle for mint jelly but no we got under-cooked lamb with lukewarm congealed rosemary and thyme infused gravy. It all looked tasty and promising but it turned out to be a **** sandwich (one for the Spinal Tap fans out there)
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA is trying to milk as much money from this dying game as possible so they probably told DICE to stretch the content out as much as possible just like Battlefront 2.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one cares for combined arms get that out of the game. All its doing is taking up devs time and money
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one cares for combined arms get that out of the game. All its doing is taking up devs time and money

I'd even argue that the campaign should've not been added as well.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You can't split the community if there is no community lol. And trust me, people will be quitting this game soon enough.

With the words of Gordon Ramsay: " Its just bland. No seasoning, no flavor. And the Meat is raw! "

I'd even settle for mint jelly but no we got under-cooked lamb with lukewarm congealed rosemary and thyme infused gravy

Nononono - we got lamb" flavoured" soup from the staff room vending machine - real lamb would be premium
  • Key2Destiny
    Prep768 wrote: »

I'd even settle for mint jelly but no we got under-cooked lamb with lukewarm congealed rosemary and thyme infused gravy

Nononono - we got lamb" flavoured" soup from the staff room vending machine - real lamb would be premium

Synthetic lamb meat
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

And all of that just heated in the Microwave...
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pretty sure they are all vegan in sweden, so you would get an artistic impression of lamb. likely inedible