Weekly BF

New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• Woodlbrad
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Such a long wait for new maps they should be priority #1.
  • Pro_b0
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LOL, this game is done.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 23
    Thought we were getting a map in April? And then the others are "from June until Fall", I'd still prefer premium. Not sure they should be wasting money on combined arms either.

At least we're getting a new theatre of war, but that's ages away, and who knows when we'll see the other factions if we even see them. I suspect it's the USA vs Japan, and then perhaps throw in Russia and Italy at some point in late 2019 or early 2020.

After the USA enters the war, I'm hoping they'll do Operation Barbarossa next (adding Russia), Stalingrad, the invasion of Italy (adding Italians), then move on to D-Day, and finally Berlin. Obviously with other maps for the existing theatres along the way where relevant. They have a chance to do this right, and they really need to take it otherwise people will lose all faith in DICE. Seeing as budget and time is limited, after the announced maps are out, they should focus on the famous battles.
  • VOLBANKER
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll believe DICE is really gonna add what they say in this roadmap when I see it in-game.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A new Combined Arms map, before a new multiplayer map?!?! Are you kidding me DICE? How clueless/lazy/brain dead can one group of developers be? Nobody wanted Combined Arms. Get your heads out of each others' rears. You have an overwhelming majority of regular players that just want new multiplayer environments and an expansion of the WWII theater, a.k.a. DLC's - remember those DICE? That's it. Battlefield should never be trendy or socially relevant. Yet here we are DICE. Miles away from the formula that made Battlefield, Battlefield.

The fact they are wasting time on CA beggars belief, honestly the mode bombed - I think DICE want to make sure people are playing Firestorm in April...
  • RD809HERO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Two maps that not a lot come on dice at least add like 5 maps why take so long to release one map
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 23
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Oh boy I can't wait for April
    lol. they are probably releasing it on April 1st too.

I think that is what he meant - the joke is on us though I'm afraid.
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey this is what all the anti premium people wanted so this what they get. I don’t wanna see anyone crying about lack that cried for premium to go away either. This is clearly the direction bf was headed with a free content model.

I loved how they were always going 'this is Battlefield not Star Wars so it won't be like Battlefront 2' even though we were all saying it was going to be exactly like BF2.

Amazing, right? No new maps for half to one year and lots of dumb game modes to split up the playerbase. The Battlefront 2 players were warning of this until our throats were sore.

What was the point of having Criterion work on BR if you couldn't release a new map in the meantime?

Sigh, at least there is new weapons and maybe 1 new gadget.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didnt the first road map have Vehicle Cosmetics as a December to Jan release? Yet it still says 'coming soon' in the company still?

• StrikerLeecy126
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope there could be 4 maps coming form each chapters. New modes? Probably not that necessary. One from each chapter is just fine. For me, conquest is enough, and maybe together with rush. And I heard that there's 3 new modes and only one map in CH3 except form firestorm. I believe 3+ maps and 1 new mode is their right choice. As for combined arms, if they could make the playstyle similar with the coop of Garden Warfare or Titanfall, I'd like to give it a try. And now I only use it to quickly complete some assignments.
  • wiazabi
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Blame the crybabies the constantly complained about premium about nerfs about everything.They are the reason why this game has failed hard.Nobody buys battlefield for Battleroyal people buy it for 64 conquest battles mainly and this has always been what made people love the game.The fd up royally with this one.Why are they even wasting more time or resources on combined arms did they not get the memo its absolutely sh....This game had so much potential.

Also this most recent patch proves Dice does not play test any of the patches or get good feedback from game changers there is no way they could not have noticed the plane mechanics are broken all they had to do was pull up and try and break.

Never saw premium as a problem but being able to buy dlc packs individual would mean they would have to set up servers for each combination of dlc + basegame which would be impossible, so that part would actually split the community while premium itself would be just fine.

I dont even bother with conquest in BF V but i enjoyed it very much in BF 1 its just that in BF V the class balance + vehicle balance and to top it off the strange catch up mechanic they made i just simply cannot enjoy it and pretty much stick to playing breakthrough.

Pretty sure that the epileptic patch made it clear they don't do much testing if any, even bf 1 had some major problems at times and since such thing as hotfixes no longer exists at DICE / EA? then it seems that quality is not something they have as a priority which really sux as i always thought if anything DICE would always make sure that Battlefield games got what they deserve as it is those games that made em become as popular as they did.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I agree, 0/0=0.

Thanks premium whiners!

There are somehow companies out their that made these live service work. But EA failed at it, guess what's the real problem here. EA and DICE screwed half the playerbase with BFV by releasing a half **** game. They can't even get Boins working not that it will even matter since there are not enough people left playing this game. With all that in mind, yes a live service can't work, but that's totally EAs fault. Though I do understand with premium we would at least get guaranteed maps.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Live Services Made by EA. After Battlefront 2 thats No suprise. EA will Focus now on Battle royale.

Even Hardline offered more. So December USA vs. Japan and Summer 2020 Germany vs. Russia? And october 2020 Battlefield 6.

Very poor Content but after this big fail of a Game No suprise. I Hope they really really learn Something from that fiasco.
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody who purchased 'Premium' is an idiot. Don't buy promises. Buy products. They took your money, and farted-out a bunch of entirely forgettable dreck that everybody complained about for a few weeks, before they went back to the vanilla rotations and a resumption of shrill demands for more maps (rinse, repeat).

I didn't even expect the PT (if that's what it is...). If the content is of good quality I'll consider it more than adequate, for free. But it's a bit soon top judge eh? No dev can keep-up the quality and quantity demanded by the overweening entitlement of their most 'dedicated' 'fans'. This is why they don't tell you **** ... grow up. If you're bored, take a break - you can come back anytime, or not. Nobody really cares.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I agree, 0/0=0.

Thanks premium whiners!

There are somehow companies out their that made these live service work. But EA failed at it, guess what's the real problem here. EA and DICE screwed half the playerbase with BFV by releasing a half **** game. They can't even get Boins working not that it will even matter since there are not enough people left playing this game. With all that in mind, yes a live service can't work, but that's totally EAs fault. Though I do understand with premium we would at least get guaranteed maps.

Dev talk #1, 58 seconds in "we're delaying the launch because we believe we are cooking the best bf title in a long time and we want to get it right"

coming soon?
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    Anybody who purchased 'Premium' is an idiot. Don't buy promises. Buy products. They took your money, and farted-out a bunch of entirely forgettable dreck that everybody complained about for a few weeks, before they went back to the vanilla rotations and a resumption of shrill demands for more maps (rinse, repeat).

I didn't even expect the PT (if that's what it is...). If the content is of good quality I'll consider it more than adequate, for free. But it's a bit soon top judge eh? No dev can keep-up the quality and quantity demanded by the overweening entitlement of their most 'dedicated' 'fans'. This is why they don't tell you **** ... grow up. If you're bored, take a break - you can come back anytime, or not. Nobody really cares.

You won the price for the dumbest comment today.
  • g0merpile
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At least we can hope the next BF will be back to premium stuff. maybe this fiasco can teach people a lesson.

LOL all the employees are quitting. We might see a remake of bevis and butt head first.