What map is the worst

Comments

• Ernie_Shavers
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    [*]8. Arras (but when ppl sit in the spawn behind B and tank-farm infantry, it is bad. But the battles over flag E can be awesome.)
    [/list]

Flag E on Arras Conquest is what every objective in the game should play like regardless of game mode. You don't put a dang objective in the middle of a field, desert or swamp that is completely open but unfortunately that is inexplicably common in BF V.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell - Hamada - Devastation, in that order, all those maps suck in so many ways.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm surprised Devestation isn't liked by so many. It's my favorite map by far.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    maggoo8 wrote: »
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    Hamada & Fjell, can't stand them but having said that, none of the maps in this game excite me. I miss that feeling I used to get when my favourite maps were loading up on BF4 & BF1. It really does feel like no thought went into designing these maps at all. It's a shame, this game would be better if the maps were solid.

This game would've been received much more positively had it been released with only the 10 most popular maps in the franchises history. Imagine that?

Instead we get a thoughtless jumbled mess of map's based on historical locations that nobody asked for. By far the worst starting map pack in the franchises brilliant history.

Yep, and had they released those maps you'd have people complaining that DICE can't come up with new ideas/greedy/ historically inaccurate and breaks my immersion.

Worst map depends on the game mode, but in general I find Hamada boring too frequently. I liked Twisted Steel initially but at times plays too stationary (Conquest, not as much with Breakthrough or Airborne ironically).

That is exactly what happened when they reworked four popular maps from BF3 and released them in BF4, they were slammed for recycling those maps instead of making new ones. DICE makes lots of mistakes, but let's not kid each other, no matter what they do they'll be attacked for it by some segment of the community.

That's a very valid point but I'm not sure anyone could have predicted how bad the maps were going to be in this new game. I think we are entitled to at least 2-3 of the 8 maps being very good - great. Personally I would not rate any of the maps as very good.
    Hamada & Fjell, can't stand them but having said that, none of the maps in this game excite me. I miss that feeling I used to get when my favourite maps were loading up on BF4 & BF1. It really does feel like no thought went into designing these maps at all. It's a shame, this game would be better if the maps were solid.

This game would've been received much more positively had it been released with only the 10 most popular maps in the franchises history. Imagine that?

Instead we get a thoughtless jumbled mess of map's based on historical locations that nobody asked for. By far the worst starting map pack in the franchises brilliant history.

Yep, and had they released those maps you'd have people complaining that DICE can't come up with new ideas/greedy/ historically inaccurate and breaks my immersion.

Worst map depends on the game mode, but in general I find Hamada boring too frequently. I liked Twisted Steel initially but at times plays too stationary (Conquest, not as much with Breakthrough or Airborne ironically).

That is exactly what happened when they reworked four popular maps from BF3 and released them in BF4, they were slammed for recycling those maps instead of making new ones. DICE makes lots of mistakes, but let's not kid each other, no matter what they do they'll be attacked for it by some segment of the community.

That's a very valid point but I'm not sure anyone could have predicted how bad the maps were going to be in this new game. I think we are entitled to at least 2-3 of the 8 maps being very good - great. Personally I would not rate any of the maps as very good.

I actually came back to say almost this. BF3 and BF4 were released too close together for that to really fly. They could have reused some of the BFBC2 maps, some of the BF2 maps even. Story wise it would be quite hard to explain why WWII troops were fighting at Atacama or Karkand, but seeing some of those with the current game mechanics could be good. I don't understand some of the maps that have made this list, I love Hamada but I completely agree most of the maps are a little..... Meh.
  • krliathbirdeate
    256 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest i hate hamada too
  • MatthewSkeet
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    I play mainly breakthrough/frontlines/rush

from worst to best

hamada any day. this is god awful map... it too open, too many snipers, too much running just to be taken down by a camper...i only liked it in the squad conquest

panzerstorm - tank campfest

areodrome - aka camperdrome

rotterdam - I like CQ, but this is just one big clusterfeck. on top of that 99% of the time you cant see people camping in the windows/doors and under the train tracks

devastation - only because of visibility and number of camping spots in general layout is great. although I have issues with being stuck on debris etc

narvik - north side of the map (buildings/houses) are horrible just as rotterdam. with people hiding in any nook and cranny, the bridge side is fab, plenty of flanking and easy to manage campers.

twisted steel is good but the foliage is just annoying, all you have to do is prone in some bushes and voila - you're invisible. the number of times ive been chasing a guy only for him to jump over a trench and disappear in the bushes and 2 seconds later shot in the back...

fjel is amazing on breakthrough if you have balanced teams and dont get trapped/locked by snipers

Arras - except when you get a team with 20 snipers not PTFO

Post edited by MatthewSkeet on
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fjel sucks most of all of the maps at least as far as conquest goes. In TDM it is not so bad, at least in part, thanks to there not being planes. I don't really mind any of the other maps all that much. I would like devastation more if you could further destroy the already ruined buildings.
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell on any game mode is my least favorite. Panzerstorm on breakthrough is my favorite.
  • OrionPherrit
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I have the worst luck on Hamada & Narvik, however I actually have no favorite at all. 🤨 Each map is boring & uninspired.

I would literally take any map from BF1 & Battleaffront over any here — even the 1s I hate, like Galicia or Snipernai. Please just transplant those maps into BFV. Car racing games get away with recycling old tracks, so why not? 😅
  • UniQue1992
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell! As infantry, it's a nightmare. Getting bombed 24/7, bad visibility, almost no cover in most areas..
  • aseveredfoot
    2443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell. I can't think of a single time I've had fun there.
  • ElliotLH
    6779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell. I can't think of a single time I've had fun there.

Building the snowman is quite good fun at least.
  • Head3masher
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The firestorm map.
  • Trokey66
    7971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The firestorm map.

Because you have intimate knowledge of it of course..

Gentleman's dangly bits.
  • Skitelz7
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell first and Devastation a close second.
    I hate small infantry maps. That's CoD stuff.
    Battlefield is supposed to be about big open maps with lots of different vehicles.
  • parkingbrake
    3025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I enjoy most of the maps in BFV including some which I didn't like at first (until I figured out how to play them). I don't see any iconic maps like Caspian however, I'll grant you that. But the only ones I avoid are Fjell and Narvik. What does annoy me is how so many of my teammates insist on being lemmings and stampeding to the central meat-grinder objective and staying there (in effect playing TDM) while the opposing team holds all the other flags. I don't know how many times I've left a squad that won't get off the bridge on Twisted Steel even when it's obvious we're losing because most of the team keeps dying up there (same as the cathedral in Devastation, or the big hangar on Aerodrome etc.). I wish people who want to play like that would stick to TDM.
  • krliathbirdeate
    Idk if dice will see this since 1.1k view but i hope they make some positive changes
  • DirtyDog1974
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All of them would be my vote
  • krliathbirdeate
    All of them would be my vote
    No
  • Soulbreeze
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell hands down. It'd be OK without planes. But with it, it just sucks.