Bring Back PREMIUM

Slickini
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I would like to have a Premium pass back for future Battlefield, because it looks like the roadmap isn't satisfying most of the core community, including me. Compared to Battlefield 1, the content is extremely lacking, and it sucks because Battlefield 5 is such a good game and it is in a dire need of new maps. Being aware that we are not at the end of the road with the Live service, things don't look too promising and I am not really enticed to play the game as much as I would like to, because the game starts to bore me. So to remedy that, the Premium pass could cost 20-30 bucks. Pass owners could get 2 weeks early to new maps, get most to all cosmetic micro transactions for free + a few more exclusives. To avoid splitting the community, of course the maps remain free for everyone. I think that makes sense. I believe that could alleviate the lack of contents in future games. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Tip_the_Cap
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm all in for premium coming back. The lack of maps, and map quality is maddening.
  • SKA-2Tone-70
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree definitely needs new maps love the game but getting a bit bored now
  • DJTN1
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my honest opinion, premium dlc or map packs will not make a return. The gaming industry as a whole is moving to "Live Services". It's more lucrative and gives the dev/pub more control. It's psychological at it core. They slowly release stuff like assignments, game types or challenges to keep you coming back and playing longer. The longer they have your attention, the higher the chance of you purchasing something through a micro transaction. Be it random chances at a loot box or cosmetic items. The whole thing is a scam if you ask me but it is what it is.
  • parkingbrake
    3045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 wrote: »
    In my honest opinion, premium dlc or map packs will not make a return. The gaming industry as a whole is moving to "Live Services". It's more lucrative and gives the dev/pub more control. It's psychological at it core. They slowly release stuff like assignments, game types or challenges to keep you coming back and playing longer. The longer they have your attention, the higher the chance of you purchasing something through a micro transaction. Be it random chances at a loot box or cosmetic items. The whole thing is a scam if you ask me but it is what it is.

It's bad business is what it is. At one point I counted 2,500 BF4 servers, all paid for by clans, didn't cost EA a dime. People who belonged to clans put in more hours and stuck with that game longer than most casual players, if there had been skins for sale back then it would have been the clan players who bought most of them. I bet EA could still be selling DLC for BF4 to large numbers of players, I'd sure cough up the money for a new map pack or two.

The reason EA dropped paid DLC and rented servers is they don't want us sticking with older games instead of buying new ones. When BF6 launches they want us buying it instantly, not playing BFV. So they've largely killed off the clan community and limited the size of BFV to keep it from holding our attention for too long. Welcome to the wonderful new world of short-lived, disposable BF games, and don't forget to pre-order BF6 today.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The reason EA dropped paid DLC and rented servers is they don't want us sticking with older games instead of buying new ones. When BF6 launches they want us buying it instantly, not playing BFV. So they've largely killed off the clan community and limited the size of BFV to keep it from holding our attention for too long. Welcome to the wonderful new world of short-lived, disposable BF games, and don't forget to pre-order BF6 today.

I'm not really sure how it being live service means it has a shorter lifespan. It all depends on how quickly they decide to make new games, and how they support older ones. With premium games they can just as easily stop providing servers and stop developing content.

What is the issue is that EA is the company behind the wheel. They stopped being consumer friendly many many years ago. It isn't impossible to imagine a consumer friendly live service game... And there are already examples of those.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, but once they toom out Premiun its preety hard ti out it back in after all that. Tge way the markets are shifting its going to end uo making games free to play, then eventually were going to have to buy credit just to play the game after our free time is up. Ganing is going to suck in the future. At least we enjoyed so of the better sides of it ..
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why bother with premium? You a millionaire and gonna buy us all premium? Last time I paid for full premium for pre-order was BF3. BF4 I waited till Black Friday and got it 50% off. Hardline I didn't buy premium but it became free with deals with gold on XBOX. Yet no one clicked it.

BF1 I hardly knew anyone that bought premium. Also it became free to populate the premium servers cause premium holders from day 1 were crying no one bought it. BF5 no premium. Yeah less content. But I only got this for $30. Also premium segregates the community as well as a bunch of game modes. My buying DLC days are over buying for each shooter I buy. Gets costly. Also most of the time no one buys the DLC anyway.

So then stuck with empty servers. There was no such thing as premium for Bad Company 2. Yet that's still the best battlefield for consoles hands down. Yeah they had NAM add on and Onslaught mode. I still bought those. But still there were tons of maps on Bad Company 2.

Also the long wait to get all the premium maps is to long of a wait. I said that right away day1 on BF3. I'm like yeah we buying maps now in-advance yet probably move onto playing other games by the time the last of the maps are released. I was right. I moved on from BF3 and onto other games pretty quickly.

The one game I was really interested in buying more DLC was Medal of honor Warfighter. They only had that one DLC pack. Then EA seemed to want kill that game off for some odd reason.
  • Noodlesocks
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is, there is actually quite a lot of content coming to Battlefield V. Big content. The problem is that most of it are things no one was asking for. Battle Royale, coop missions, 5v5 game modes with their own maps, a bunch of random, obscure weapons. If all the effort they are putting into this stuff were to be redirected into creating more maps, they would be generating a fair bit more hype for the game than they are with this directionless floundering they've got going on right now.

I've always found Dice Sweden to be a bit arrogant, even back in the old BF2/2142 days but their seeming belief that they know better than the players who are playing the game every day is now catching up and biting them in the bahookey.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 wrote: »

spot on. but they blame the player base as it was supposedly listened to but ignored on all other BF matters. its a gimmick
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Slickini wrote: »
    I would like to have a Premium pass back for future Battlefield, because it looks like the roadmap isn't satisfying most of the core community, including me. Compared to Battlefield 1, the content is extremely lacking, and it sucks because Battlefield 5 is such a good game and it is in a dire need of new maps. Being aware that we are not at the end of the road with the Live service, things don't look too promising and I am not really enticed to play the game as much as I would like to, because the game starts to bore me. So to remedy that, the Premium pass could cost 20-30 bucks. Pass owners could get 2 weeks early to new maps, get most to all cosmetic micro transactions for free + a few more exclusives. To avoid splitting the community, of course the maps remain free for everyone. I think that makes sense. I believe that could alleviate the lack of contents in future games. What do you guys think?

Let's start a petition or something.
    Premium was the best thing about BF. I feel 0 anticipation towards these "chapters" but waiting for a new DLC was something else.
    We should have at least 4 maps added by now. Probably another 4 by the end of spring.
    Game is bleeding players because people are bored of playing the same maps over and over again.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Those begging for premium. Good luck with that. Rest of us will get premium when its free. hahahah That's if we don't move onto a new game before then.
  • UraniumReaper
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I wish they had kept premium from the get go, I certainly do not want it back now. With all the clamour about how horrible this game is as a game as service or whatever they are calling it, they will use our lowered expectations to bleed us dry with premium in the next game. Oh you use to get 4 maps and a hand full of guns and maybe a vehicle or two? How's about you get 2 or 3 maps, 2-4 guns and maybe a new vehicle half way through the life cycle of premium! I do not trust EA to even remotely give a crud about us as consumers, this game, Battlefront 1&2 and anthem have proven that they are beholden to investors and investors alone with no regard for the products worth or quality.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would have been PISSED if I'd paid full price plus premium for this bug fest.