Banned for using logitech keyboard?

D00MSLINGER
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited March 2019
I’ve been a longtime battlefield fan. I’ve bought every title since bad company 2. On March 11th I went to get on bf5 only to have a message waiting at the main menu saying my online access as been restricted. My KDR is trash because I play a medic. So I open a ticket thinking there has been an error on EA’s part. I open a ticket wait 4 days for someone to respond only to be told the ban would be upheld and tough titties. The only thing I can think of is I started using a Logitech keyboard that had a lighting scheme as to where only bound keys in game would light up on the keyboard. Used it for a few months with no issues until I got this message. I don’t bother using in game chat as it is useless so it can’t be anything I’ve said. Don’t understand what else it could be? Only thing I’m guilty of is criticizing the game and if you can get banned for that watch out everyone else haha. Just sad that I’ve been a longtime loyal customer and get screwed over like this #metoo

P.S. if I was a hacker why would I not only be here crying about it? But why would I spend the extra bread to get the deluxe versions?

Comments

• Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unsure what brand of keyboard/mouse combo would make any difference. Any good gamer would know their keys in the dark, without lighting assistance in any case.
  • D00MSLINGER
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes but I equate your comment with buying a Lamborghini and driving the speed limit. Spent all that money want the most out of it.
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You missed the point, it's nothing to do with having bought a new keyboard..
  • D00MSLINGER
    No I got what you meant not hard to find adsw on a keyboard
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    I use a Logitech G Pro and a Razer Tartarus v2. Both have macro capabilities and RGB lighting. I also run a Logitech G700s mouse, which has macro capabilities. I haven't been banned yet. Something else must be the issue indeed.
    Post edited by TNA_SneakyMonkey on
  • xKusagamix
    1169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    P.S. if I was a hacker why would I not only be here crying about it? But why would I spend the extra bread to get the deluxe versions?
    There were people who Pre-ordered the Deluxe Version just to play and cheat ealier than other people. It's nothing unusual in Asia.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just Lol.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/D00MSLINGER

sorry that page doesn't exist ...
  • D00MSLINGER
    edited March 2019
    Not from Asia I promise you...BF3 lol was that sold on steam? At the time I want to say I remember buying bad company 2 off steam...I may be wrong
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    looks like you... have met your doom.
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Fliple
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's fairly unlikely that you were banned for using "The Official Gaming Gear of Battlefield V"
  • TFBisquit
    2282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Logitech software wont get you banned from Battlefield. It's the same as your monitor driver wont get you banned, or adobe photoshop on your system etc etc.
    Something else caused that ban.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Titan_Awaken
    1231 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Submit a ticket to EA Support.

There is absolutely nothing anyone on this forum can do to help you whatsoever when it comes to a ban appeal. Yes, that even includes the EA Community Representatives on this forum.

Every second spent typing a response here is a second wasted when you could be submitting a ticket.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Follow this guide and get it submitted for manual review.

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's something that this guy is slinging here, but it is not doom.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    on console I can promise you will never be banned for using a keyboard
  • D00MSLINGER
    You can believe me or not. I mentioned the keyboard because it’s the only thing I’ve done differently since launch. Thanks to those of you who had actual suggestions and for the rest die in a car fire.
  • D00MSLINGER
    You people are just proving my point why be indignant and post on the forum about unjustly getting banned. Why waste the time I’d just go buy another copy at what $29.99 and set up shop all over again.
This discussion has been closed.