Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    So... the official Firestorm trailer is now available (see it here: )

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely LOVE Battle Royale games. I started with PUBG, moved onto Fortnite, and now play only Apex Legends as it wee wees into the mouths of the other two games from a high, high height (and is possibly the best multi-player game ever, in any genre). But it's all subjective...

Now queue the **** and nay sayers. Come on, who wants to chip in first with their banal opinions, hate filled accusations and general negativity?

Tip #1: If you don't like Battlefield games play something else and stop moaning on the forum.
    Tip #2: If you don't enjoy Battle Royale games please don't bother to post the fact on here - nobody cares!
    Tip #3: Wait until you have played Firestorm before you deride it!

I'm really looking forward to playing it, and enjoy reading (many of) these forum posts... but, honestly, some of you are REALLY HARSHING MY BUZZ!

Thank you for reading.

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely HATE battle royale games. and it sickens me that a once proud franchise like battlefield has fallen this far. now not only are the normal BF games trash but now we are getting gimmic game modes. when the devs can be working on fixing the damn game instead of this crap.
    You don't have to play it simple as that.

Well you do if you want content, hence the gripe about Squad Conquest bs. Players didnt want to play, players that did didnt want the ones who didnt. I literally sat in spawn and did house stuff for 3 matches for assignment tick. So yea, I wont play lol. And if I have to for content, then I will be obnoxious until I get the assignment tick. Win/win

Actually no, you definitely don't have to play it.

Assuming, it will.follow similar ToW chapters, just buy the stuff with CC after the event.

I'm perfectly ok with how I've done ToW conten
  • Trokey66
    7805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely LOVE Battle Royale games. I started with PUBG, moved onto Fortnite, and now play only Apex Legends as it wee wees into the mouths of the other two games from a high, high height (and is possibly the best multi-player game ever, in any genre). But it's all subjective...

Now queue the **** and nay sayers. Come on, who wants to chip in first with their banal opinions, hate filled accusations and general negativity?

Tip #1: If you don't like Battlefield games play something else and stop moaning on the forum.
    Tip #2: If you don't enjoy Battle Royale games please don't bother to post the fact on here - nobody cares!

I'm really looking forward to playing it, and enjoy reading (many of) these forum posts... but, honestly, some of you are REALLY HARSHING MY BUZZ!

Thank you for reading.

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely HATE battle royale games. and it sickens me that a once proud franchise like battlefield has fallen this far. now not only are the normal BF games trash but now we are getting gimmic game modes. when the devs can be working on fixing the damn game instead of this crap.

Well you do if you want content, hence the gripe about Squad Conquest bs. Players didnt want to play, players that did didnt want the ones who didnt. I literally sat in spawn and did house stuff for 3 matches for assignment tick. So yea, I wont play lol. And if I have to for content, then I will be obnoxious until I get the assignment tick. Win/win

Assuming, it will.follow similar ToW chapters, just buy the stuff with CC after the event.

Well done, glad you're happy but it's not just about you.
  • Redstripe101
    2520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thank you for reading.

when did i imply it was?
  • Trokey66
    7805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thank you for reading.

when did i imply it was?

Thank you for reading.

• JamieCurnock
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know if Firestorm has fortifications? Haven't seen anyone mention it during any of the gameplay videos, wondering if I missed it.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1741 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lowered expectations lol, just a reminder. This game mode was included with your purchase, and you are having to rely on leaked footage for info.

Its not leaked.. They were allowed to release the clips that you see.
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love battle royale so I can’t wait to try it
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Me too. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I have Monday and Tuesday off work, so I'm gonna be playing the heck out of it. :smiley:
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Me too. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I have Monday and Tuesday off work, so I'm gonna be playing the heck out of it. :smiley:

Getting tired of all you Richards telling me you have Monday off. 😂
  • DirtyDog1974
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I may be in the minority, but I watched Westie and JF videos of of the game play. It looks anything but interesting, crappy pick up system, guns that have nothing unless you get get lucky and find the top tier. Half the map is already closed off when you jump in. I will give it brief shot but not what I was expecting.
  • Redstripe101
    Firestorm looks alot less appealing after the road map. Glad its here to save the franchise
  • Key2Destiny
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm looks alot less appealing after the road map. Glad its here to save the franchise

"Battle Royale will make us more money!" -Some EA Executive
  • JamieCurnock
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Duos is a limited time mode!? Wtf. Why?

Who makes these stupid decisions
  • Ameeba37
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hold on people you are not allowed to post anything positive on these forums
  • TropicPoison
    2185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

"Battle Royale will make us more money!" -Some EA Executive

Lol yeah probably.
  • JamieCurnock
    edited March 25
    Just had one round, came 10th and died due to my own stupidity. Hands down one of the most unique battlefield experiences I've ever had. I love this and I usually hate battle royale.

If you like battlefield but not BR, give it a go, it's surprisingly good.
  • NLBartmaN
    2665 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just had one round, came 10th and died due to my own stupidity. Hands down one of the most unique battlefield experiences I've ever had. I love this and I usually hate battle royale.

If you like battlefield but not BR, give it a go, it's surprisingly good.

Will give it a try today, mostly because I read a lot about a lot better Audio (footsteps), Visibility, controls, etc ... than in the main game.

Seems like they DID do polish and QA work on Firestorm ...
  • SirTerrible
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The bullet spongeyness ruins the gunplay imo.
  • Yorksh1rePud
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just played a quick solo Firestorm and it is definitely a squad game. Finished third with zero kills, only saw an enemy in the last few seconds. Can see it being fun with a good squad though.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    The bullet spongeyness ruins the gunplay imo.

Depends really. The TTK of BFV would never work in Firestorm. If they did increase TTK then good on them. Apex would be a really bad game with low TTK and most people would not survive the beginning drop.

Edited to remove swearing. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on