I think a boycott is in order

someguy12121
456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I think the only way EA and DICE will see that what they are doing wrong is to boycott BFV and go and play older Battlefield games.

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I understand your frustration, but these threads usually get locked down for some reason.
    Therefore:
    Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PS: your thread title is sexist. If you were to edit it to say "girlcott" it might not get locked down as quickly.
  • someguy12121
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    PS: your thread title is sexist. If you were to edit it to say "girlcott" it might not get locked down as quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised as we know the EA execs are SJWs as they said before the release of BFV after hearing people complain about breaking history and having women in BFV saying if you don't like don't buy it. SJWs are complete idiots.
  • ackers75
    2207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The battlefield community won’t boycott this game.
    They don’t have the bottle plain and simple.
    Even the battlefront community have more about them than this community.
    People even defend this broke game believe it or not!
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remember people boycotting BF3 for one day ...

It accomplished pretty much nothing, because DICE already had our money in their hands.

Boycotting this game won't change much, unless this game already had micro-transactions ... boycotting those would have made an actual difference. Unfortunately, that would have killed off the remote chance we have of this game being fixed in the foreseeable future.

The only thing we can do is complain/critique on social media, or give up on this game and move on to older BF titles or other franchises. I'm constantly tempted to do the latter, at least for one year, if DICE keeps up their current progress on this game. It's not good for our sanity to constantly be frustrated with this game ...

Forza Horizon 4 has been eating up my time anyways, especially after their recent 'games as a service'-enforcing update which makes you grind like crazy all week for content.

God, I wish this trend of 'games as a service' dies soon.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why bother? They are ruining their unique appeal, and boycotting themselves.
  • someguy12121
    Why bother? They are ruining their unique appeal, and boycotting themselves.

ROFL your right!!!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It accomplished pretty much nothing, because DICE already had our money in their hands.

Boycotting this game won't change much, unless this game already had micro-transactions ... boycotting those would have made an actual difference. Unfortunately, that would have killed off the remote chance we have of this game being fixed in the foreseeable future.

The only thing we can do is complain/critique on social media, or give up on this game and move on to older BF titles or other franchises. I'm constantly tempted to do the latter, at least for one year, if DICE keeps up their current progress on this game. It's not good for our sanity to constantly be frustrated with this game ...

Forza Horizon 4 has been eating up my time anyways, especially after their recent 'games as a service'-enforcing update which makes you grind like crazy all week for content.

I'm always game to go back to old battlefields. But sometimes its a hit or a miss. Bad Company 2 will have people on some days then almost empty others. BF4 is great with servers that are full with premium maps. Vanilla and metro/locker gets old fast. Hardline is great but servers dipping lately. Shame not many clicked on the free premium maps for Hardline with deals with gold were free. Premium maps were awesome.
  • someguy12121
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

I'm always game to go back to old battlefields. But sometimes its a hit or a miss. Bad Company 2 will have people on some days then almost empty others. BF4 is great with servers that are full with premium maps. Vanilla and metro/locker gets old fast. Hardline is great but servers dipping lately. Shame not many clicked on the free premium maps for Hardline with deals with gold were free. Premium maps were awesome.

I do remember that they had a Grand Bazar remake in Hardline and when I played it at first I was like this all looks familiar and then it dawned on me that the layout was the exact same as Grand Bazar.

I gave BFH a hard time at first but it did grow on me because it did do some things right.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

I do remember that they had a Grand Bazar remake in Hardline and when I played it at first I was like this all looks familiar and then it dawned on me that the layout was the exact same as Grand Bazar.

I gave BFH a hard time at first but it did grow on me because it did do some things right.

Bullet damage is top notch on Hardline. Mow squads down fast.
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice to see players not play firestom in protest,but unfortunately i don't see it happening.
  • parkingbrake
    3110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Wouldn't be surprised as we know the EA execs are SJWs as they said before the release of BFV after hearing people complain about breaking history and having women in BFV saying if you don't like don't buy it. SJWs are complete idiots.

One guy said that, and he lost his job. Got a golden parachute when they booted him, and the real reason was the game didn't sell as well as they hoped for, but he did lose his job. Your belief that a huge company like EA (which was once accused by the National Rifle Assoc. of selling games which cause violence) is really run by them there dang libruls tells us more about you than about EA.
  • oXGeminiXo
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you boycott dice by not playing BFV but instead playing older BF games is it really a boycott? They can easily use the increased player counts on older games to investers as long term player retention. I mean I understand the want for them to do something about things that need addressing but instead of walking away people need to be more uniformly constructive. The biggest problem is that you have different criticism and what any company will do is pick easy solutions to show they are working to fix things but are not fixing the biggest problems. The game changers are suppose to be our collective voice but honestly they seem to have similar interest and the community that follows them tend to share a similar view so basically there doesnt seem to be someone to represent different aspects of the game. The plane chamges is a perfect example. Niccaman or silk would be perfect to have a voice in what is needed but it seems like they are not even consulted. Tanks need a community spokesman. They actually let battlenonsense consult them on netcode but they need to make certain people that are in touch with different aspects and mechanics of the game and make them a diplomat to get community feedback and help direct them to make it so that they instead of people not knowing why they went in a direction you have a spokesperson focused on what would make the entire community happier instead of appealing to 1 group and pushing the other group away.
  • Astr0damus
    The first thing we all need to realize is that while it is fun to get a "first look" at new stuff through the main youtubers, these people are not reliable sources for opinions. Their good opinions are purchased by DICE. For instance, they (you know the main one's I'm referring to) are invited to E3, all expenses paid, they get to play in games with Devs that are closed to the public, and they get to play games like Firestorm way before we do. They get mail packages with all kinds of neat stuff in them (one dude got a care-package with all sorts of cool WW II related items in it, personalized dog-tags and some Easter Egg hints) These people are SPONSORED by DICE and therefore, their opinions mean jack-fraggit to the common man.
    It's like the national news, you have to find alternative sources (https://www.blazetv.com/ -- for instance) Not the major networks like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc..
    ==
    A true boycott would be on future purchases of, not just DICE, but all things EA. And who is willing to do that?
    As I said before, I'm no fan-boy, but I will probably always play the latest Battlefield... whatever it morphs into. (Sad but true).
    My XBOXONE is a Battlefield device. I play no other games on it. I should be sponsored by DICE and Turtle Beach, except I "calls it like I sees it".
    If something is dumb, I will say it is dumb.
  • bigmatt9486
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Girls don't play video games silly.
  • VincentNZ
    2389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the only way EA and DICE will see that what they are doing wrong is to boycott BFV and go and play older Battlefield games.

So you want to boycott a game that you paid for and where upcoming content is free? What exactly are you boycotting then?
  • TFBisquit
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The truth of the matter is that they needed another year to complete this game. They are still working on it, calling it improvements and quality patches. But it's actually work that wasn't done yet.
    So boycotting them doesn't seem like a nice action.
    I do understand things can get frustrating, I experience that also, but they're still ironing out all the issues and will bring what they promised.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There won't be a boycott, the core Battlefield community is miniscule, and it's voice is irelevant to EA. As a matter of fact, expect Battlefield V to have a substantional surge of new players with Firestorm, and with it the voice of the core BF playerbase to be shut down for good as BR eclipse the main game.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

So you want to boycott a game that you paid for and where upcoming content is free? What exactly are you boycotting then?

\_(ツ)_/¯
    I don't think they've thought it through very well. If they did somehow get significantly more than the maybe 30 people that might take this post seriously to specifically stop playing the game for a prolonged period of time, all that might happen is EA execs going 'player numbers are dropping so we'll cut support sooner than we intended'. But even then you'd have to have, like, tens or even hundreds of thousands probably.
    All you'll achieve here is that you just don't get to play the game for a few weeks probably.
    Oh, and you haven't even said why it is that you hope to achieve (unless it's one of the things I mentioned, which I somehow doubt). 'Tell them they're doing it wrong? K...
  • IIPrest0nII
    1582 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Let's not discuss SJW stuff and boycotts/petitions as it's against the forum rules.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.