New Plane Physics - Absolute Garbage (Video included)

1235»

Comments

• oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    The topic is not me crying you a river, but you crying a river about your plane not doing something like flying vertical to heaven like an F-15.. I don't know what your video is about.. it shows you climbing for no reason while all the flags are being taken. Seems like you are the only one crying.

Jump into a plane discussion and whine about flags being taken in the video. What's your end goal?
  • CloneTrooperCT
    231 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What I see in your video is that your plane stuck in the sky. I don't have that on pc
    Yesterday I shut down 6 planes on a row without die with messerschmidt G2.
    Also I use WASD and the mouse. I only change the mouse for pitch up and down, so the aiming feels more in infantry stand.

If you're infantry and look up, you move the mouse forward. So I did too for in the plane control.

It's a lot easier
  • Mceedj11
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    The topic is not me crying you a river, but you crying a river about your plane not doing something like flying vertical to heaven like an F-15.. I don't know what your video is about.. it shows you climbing for no reason while all the flags are being taken. Seems like you are the only one crying.

Wow. You need therapy. Again, stay on topic please. If you don’t fly planes, then don’t discuss. Simple. Go grab the flags. Whatever floats your boat.
  • Noodlesocks
    2644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    They should get Criterion to do the planes.
    I wouldn't mind them doing the rest of the game either.
    DICE seems lost.

Yes. They really need to let someone else take over like they did with BF4 and BF1. Both those games improved significantly when they were taken out of Dice Sweden's hands.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reminder: Today is the last day to take the March 21st Patch Flight Mechanics Feedback Survey

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/UyCsAH
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would love for a developer to elucidate the imitations Frostbite evidently has within its physics engine. These issues with planes are also seemingly apparent in tanks, especially considering gravity, weight, etc.

How could indefinite prop hanging with the throttle fully closed be possible with a robust physics engine?

How could all energy be bled in a single turn? Energy fighting requires some concept of energy retention.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I prefer planes as they were previous to the patch. Fyling feels slow and sluggish dog fights feel less intense. My score per game hasn't suffered just the fun factor.
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    I prefer planes as they were previous to the patch. Fyling feels slow and sluggish dog fights feel less intense. My score per game hasn't suffered just the fun factor.
    I even do better, but flying a big fat cow (fighter) is just no fun.
  • SchwettyWANG
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bumping this thread because I rage quit BF5 last night, deleted the S*#t game, and am reinstalling BF1. It's only to enjoy flying in battlefield again. What a joke BF5 has turned into. 
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bumping this thread because I rage quit BF5 last night, deleted the S*#t game, and am reinstalling BF1. It's only to enjoy flying in battlefield again. What a joke BF5 has turned into. 
    Yes, it is a shame as they were heading in the right direction until the previous patch. But I can understand your decision.
  • SchwettyWANG
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Yes, it is a shame as they were heading in the right direction until the previous patch. But I can understand your decision.
    That was the problem for me too. Last night I was getting worked by the Junkers bombers while I was in a spitfire. If the bombers can turn inside the fighters then what's the point of even having fighters? I just played a few rounds of BF1 and it was actually fun. I got worked because I have to re-adapt, but it was fun which is what BF5 is lacking.
  • SirBobdk
     I got worked because I have to re-adapt, but it was fun which is what BF5 is lacking.
    Well, BFV is like going from driving an Audi A6 to a Ford T.
  • Raspu71nG
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    one stupid feature what i would like to be removed is the landing gear automatically deploying when you are near the ground, it takes ages to go up. this game sucks big time.