BSOD (memory error codes) have started again for me on the last 2 rounds i've played

BadBudgieSmuggla
252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Getting these bsod crash memory errors again as i was in early days of this game. My memory is fine and has been scanned multiple times with no errors. All of my other games do not crash in any way shape or form. Why is this only happening with Battlefield V and does anyone have a solution. Have already added a bit of voltage to my memory as i read somewhere that it may help with this game. Any ideas?

Comments

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you have an XMP profile, try disabling it and running at the maxmimum frequency that your motherboard allows without overclocking. Try loosening the timings a little or even just setting them manually (I have never done this myself; I've seen it suggested though). If your game doesn't flake out, then you know that there is actually a problem with the RAM.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you have an XMP profile, try disabling it and running at the maxmimum frequency that your motherboard allows without overclocking. Try loosening the timings a little or even just setting them manually (I have never done this myself; I've seen it suggested though). If your game doesn't flake out, then you know that there is actually a problem with the RAM.

Thanks. My ram is at default speed and timings 18,19,39 at 4000mhz and i've added voltage that frankly i don't need. I've also tried XMP and manual settings. Still same problem. If my pc runs perfectly in every other instance except Battlefield (which lots have posted about bsod after each round) then really is about the game not liking something and not my ram. I've tested and retested with memtest and not a single error. The fact that no other game does this is pretty revealing but hoping someone who has fixed their issue could throw out suggestions. Appreciate yours all the same
  • CSO7777
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks. My ram is at default speed and timings 18,19,39 at 4000mhz and i've added voltage that frankly i don't need. I've also tried XMP and manual settings. Still same problem. If my pc runs perfectly in every other instance except Battlefield (which lots have posted about bsod after each round) then really is about the game not liking something and not my ram. I've tested and retested with memtest and not a single error. The fact that no other game does this is pretty revealing but hoping someone who has fixed their issue could throw out suggestions. Appreciate yours all the same
    Have you tried running your ram at bios default speeds without any overclocking at all (xmp is "overclocking"), probably the bios defaults to 2400Mhz or something like that.
  • ViolentMinds
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Open up Battlefield V\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\ and select vc_redist.x64 or vc_redist.x86 if you have 32 bit OS. Install.

I was crashing because I didn't have it installed. I had a 2017 version and some other older versions but not the 2015 version. So I removed the 2017 version since it won't let you install the older version if you have a newer one. You can install the 2017 version later. But for now I'm not going to because it seems to have fixed crashing errors I was getting today. I was crashing every round, game would lock up. Since I installed the correct package (2015) so far rest of day has been crash free.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Have you tried running your ram at bios default speeds without any overclocking at all (xmp is "overclocking"), probably the bios defaults to 2400Mhz or something like that.

It's set manually at 4000mhz (stock) and it's totally stable. Not a single crash with it never mind bsod i get with BFV. . Thanks for the idea though
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    Open up Battlefield V\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\ and select vc_redist.x64 or vc_redist.x86 if you have 32 bit OS. Install.

I was crashing because I didn't have it installed. I had a 2017 version and some other older versions but not the 2015 version. So I removed the 2017 version since it won't let you install the older version if you have a newer one. You can install the 2017 version later. But for now I'm not going to because it seems to have fixed crashing errors I was getting today. I was crashing every round, game would lock up. Since I installed the correct package (2015) so far rest of day has been crash free.

Thanks for the reminder about this. I had exactly the same installed (20170 and installed it so i could install the 2015 x64. Will have a look at what's installed and repeat what i did before. Appreciate it
  • BadBudgieSmuggla

Just looked and something had installed 2017 again plus i only had x86 version of 2015. Have both versions now so will try later. Thanks for your help!