This Week in Battlefield V

Planes are not fun anymore and unplayable...

Comments

• okiie_918
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 24
    It feels like you're flying with something heavy attached to you or something. Everything is so much slower and easier and it almost gives me anxiety cause they're so damn slow. And btw killing infantry alot easier when going so slow [removed]. Please go complain about some gun or something like that or maybe ask for a stinger to be put in the game! LOL
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #PilotWhiningFTW
    #30And0isBoring
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 24
    okiie_918 wrote: »
    Title says it all... (Title is: "Planes are not fun anymore and unplayable...")

Even going 30-0 still boring as ever now.

I'm still trying to match these ideas which came in the same breath:
    1. "Planes are not fun anymore and unplayable..."
    2. "Even going 30-0 still boring as ever now. "
    3. "so any ground person putting input is just dumb."

So if there is such thing as "Ground person" in your mind, then you must consider there are "air persons"---that is sad (the people who ONLY know how to fly and not play any other way) We used to call people like this armor-horses (but I say horses since I can't say what we really call people like that).
    Afraid to get out and help when flags are being taken by the enemy. Sitting in the spawn screen, cracking open a cold-one while waiting for a plane.
  • Astr0damus
    edited March 24
    To help the pilots cheer-up a bit..
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Pilots and vehicles in general make you mad I guess. Next to no experience in planes yet he tries to sell his tactics... People like you are fun to watch :D

Nah dude, I like flying in games that actually require some kind of sentience, just not in this comically bad flying model. Because I'm not a scrub who can't fly. If I wanna fly I fly in games which aren't EZ mode. And they aren't my tactics, they're legitimate RL dog-fighting maneuvers. And they work. I've tried. So, uhh, get good? And keep crying - it's delightfully amusing.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    okiie_918 wrote: »
    . I don't understand why they changed anything no one was wanting this change.

What on Earth do you mean? Everyone who was not a pilot was complaining that there was nothing to combat a plane except another plane--and if you team is not sitting on the spawn screen waiting for planes, but actually PTFO and taking flags, then that team gets carpet bombed by JU-88's all day long. Were you not paying attention to how many threads were complaining about planes or were you too busy enjoying going 50-1 in a plane while your team lost?

"Nobody" and "no one" translate into, "me" in Forumspeak. They see what they want to see, their opinion is presumed shared by everyone else.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    Nah dude, I like flying in games that actually require some kind of sentience, just not in this comically bad flying model. Because I'm not a scrub who can't fly. If I wanna fly I fly in games which aren't EZ mode. And they aren't my tactics, they're legitimate RL dog-fighting maneuvers. And they work. I've tried. So, uhh, get good? And keep crying - it's delightfully amusing.

I can still easily outmaneuver other pilots, but that still doesn't mean the flight physics are good in BFV. Like you say ezmode and extremely limited. And that's the whole point of this thread. Wouldn't you like planes to be more competetive in BFV when in comes to dogfighting instead of going duck hunting?
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you'd like to voice your opinion on the recent changes I have a survey going for one more day (Ends on March 25th).

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/UyCsAH
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    If you'd like to voice your opinion on the recent changes I have a survey going for one more day (Ends on March 25th).

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/UyCsAH

The last question is missing the option to say "totally different mechanics" for people that didn't like the old and the new mechanics ;)
  • Hawxxeye
    5547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am trying some stuff and while I like the new gravity flying I feel something is off.
  • Astr0damus
    I took them anyway, since it affects me.
    I said the changes were great and should not be reverted (based on the 20 new threads of pilots crying, I used deductive reasoning to believe the changes were in favor of infantry)
    flying-survey1.jpg
    flying-survey.jpg

===
    Don't like my tactics? I don't like yours.
    (Especially the fact that there is an individual on these boards with 7 days of piloting and has 15 THOUSAND kills and only 200 something deaths---something is terribly wrong with that and needs to be fixed right away--if an infantry or recon or any other type of player had 15,000 kills and 200 deaths the whole world would melt-down in anguish)
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I took them anyway, since it affects me.
    I said the changes were great and should not be reverted (based on the 20 new threads of pilots crying, I used deductive reasoning to believe the changes were in favor of infantry)
    flying-survey1.jpg
    flying-survey.jpg

===
    Don't like my tactics? I don't like yours.
    (Especially the fact that there is an individual on these boards with 7 days of piloting and has 15 THOUSAND kills and only 200 something deaths---something is terribly wrong with that and needs to be fixed right away--if an infantry or recon or any other type of player had 15,000 kills and 200 deaths the whole world would melt-down in anguish)

Its called situational awareness.If you don't like getting rained on do something about it. Too many players turn a blind eye to the sky. I knock players like that out of the sky everyday whether im on the ground or not.
  • SirBobdk
    4067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 24
    @Astr0damus wrote
    I used deductive reasoning to believe the changes were in favor of infantry
    How???. They buffed the spitfire bombs and fighters are a less threat to bombers now.
  • Chivide
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they should buff AA!
  • Astr0damus
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @Astr0damus wrote
    How???. They buffed the spitfire bombs and fighters are a less threat to bombers now.

What is a JU-88? Because that is what kills me the most.
  • Woodlbrad
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea they feel much worse after the update way to make planes less fun dice. Maybe criterion should take over dice has lost its touch and got really lazy.
  • DeadassFacts
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    I think it's downright hilarious to see these 'elite' 'pilots' complaining they can't out-turn bombers. It's categorically untrue. A split-S or Immelman turn properly will evade a bomber-type successfully 100% of the time, which wasn't actually the case before - maybe you need to update your tactics beyond flying in circles, and hoping the busted physics will take care of the rest? Nah, must be the physics... you're all such 'elite pilots', can't be you.

Sick.
  • SirBobdk
    4067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @Astr0damus wrote

What is a JU-88? Because that is what kills me the most.
    That plane should not have 16+4 bombs. It should be more like the Belheim with 8+2.
    But chancing the fighters and making them slow and clumsy only benefit the ju88
  • ElliotLH
    8378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #30And0isBoring

That's why I decided to go 27-2 last night. It's nice to have a bit of variety 😆
  • okiie_918
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    #30And0isBoring

That's why I decided to go 27-2 last night. It's nice to have a bit of variety 😆

Lol