EA has just removed the previous schedule, They need to recheck their sources with DICE's dev team.

2»

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    There may be no content, and the game is in free fall, but don’t worry, they’ve put a SHARK in Twisted Steel.
    Confidence restored.
    😕

I laughed out loud on that one.
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There may be no content, and the game is in free fall, but don’t worry, they’ve put a SHARK in Twisted Steel.
    Confidence restored.
    😕

Haha thanks for that
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So they are abandoning ship?
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there was some content on it, far too meaty for EA's definition of live service

Ain't that the damn truth.
  • Trokey66
    8246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Confidence restored.
    😕

There's a shark? Where?

Also, Hamada is no longer Conquest Assualt, it's standard Conquest now!
  • VOLBANKER
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Confidence restored.
    😕

There's a shark? Where?
    Probably on the bridge...Dice logic, you know :smile:
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Confidence restored.
    😕

There's a shark? Where?

Also, Hamada is no longer Conquest Assualt, it's standard Conquest now!

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1506635/#Comment_1506635
    ==
  • MAJWolfcookies
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amateur hour at DICE since BFHL. I’m so shocked that these clowns don’t have their act together.
  • lVeliarl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is misleading people. The tweet is referring to the release times for firestorm, not the roadmap.
  • Fliple
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lVeliarl wrote: »
    This thread is misleading people. The tweet is referring to the release times for firestorm, not the roadmap.

Really though if it was about something of consequence on the road map other than firestorm EA would never mention the possibility of an issue until the end of May at the soonest, so people shouldn't be getting mislead by it.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Op wont load but I'll work with the context of the other posts

I do find it a bit of a joke that all this hype for firestorm yet they seemed to forget to tell us when it was actually gonna launch (exact timing). Hell I found out from a Facebook post from JB-HI FI promoting firestorm who even managed to do the one thing EA/Dice can't ever seem to do; acknowledge that Oceanica is a region and give us a timestamp for updates etc.

8pm AEDT Monday 25th March; holy duck why was that so hard for EA/Dice? This is sketchy indie Dev work not 20 year old studio with a well established and successful publisher behind them.

(3 hours and 17 minutes from my post now Firestorm went live).
  • Prep768
    3430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    There’s technically 4 new maps coming in chapter 4. But, some are for the new modes and since they aren’t for Conquest they still won’t count for some people.

Nope, this is not really correct. There are two maps coming for the core game. And a competitive mode in "specifically designed arenas" is added. This can mean anything, but the datamine shows five 5vs5 maps, one being Provence, where a screenshot was leaked last month. Now if this will all make it into this game is not clear, nor if they are all unique maps, as the other locations are already in game (Rotterdam, Libya and Norway), where assets and parts of maps could be reused.
    In any case the tweet is specifically addressing the Firestorm release time, which could apparently be delayed.

Edit: Sorry, I don’t know how to share a tweet properly in this forum, but it’s four new maps. They’re just not all for Conquest.

You’re just proving my point by suggesting they don’t count because they’re not for the “core” game.

Yeah, I did not want to come off harsh or anything. It is just a lot of confusion around. Until Fall, we will get Mercury, Marita and the Remake for the core game. The comp mode will most likely even feature 5 "arenas", as of a datamine. However it is indeed hard to count as anything of value, considering it is a reimagination of BF1 incursions, which never went anywhere and is totally different from the core BF experience according to this datamine:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4covb/bfv_data_mining_first_5v5_game_mode_details/

Yeah, you’re right. And you were right about the initial teeet being about Firestorm. For some reason, I thought it was about the confusion about the Roadmap.

Could I commend these two for conversing as everyone should on these forums? It's rarely seen and frankly a highlight of today

Kudos @PoppaPappo and @VincentNZ (don't upvote me awesome Forumfielders it's them that need recognition)
  • Trokey66
    8246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    There’s technically 4 new maps coming in chapter 4. But, some are for the new modes and since they aren’t for Conquest they still won’t count for some people.

Nope, this is not really correct. There are two maps coming for the core game. And a competitive mode in "specifically designed arenas" is added. This can mean anything, but the datamine shows five 5vs5 maps, one being Provence, where a screenshot was leaked last month. Now if this will all make it into this game is not clear, nor if they are all unique maps, as the other locations are already in game (Rotterdam, Libya and Norway), where assets and parts of maps could be reused.
    In any case the tweet is specifically addressing the Firestorm release time, which could apparently be delayed.

Edit: Sorry, I don’t know how to share a tweet properly in this forum, but it’s four new maps. They’re just not all for Conquest.

You’re just proving my point by suggesting they don’t count because they’re not for the “core” game.

Yeah, I did not want to come off harsh or anything. It is just a lot of confusion around. Until Fall, we will get Mercury, Marita and the Remake for the core game. The comp mode will most likely even feature 5 "arenas", as of a datamine. However it is indeed hard to count as anything of value, considering it is a reimagination of BF1 incursions, which never went anywhere and is totally different from the core BF experience according to this datamine:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4covb/bfv_data_mining_first_5v5_game_mode_details/

Yeah, you’re right. And you were right about the initial teeet being about Firestorm. For some reason, I thought it was about the confusion about the Roadmap.

Could I commend these two for conversing as everyone should on these forums? It's rarely seen and frankly a highlight of today

Kudos @PoppaPappo and @VincentNZ (don't upvote me bellends it's them that need recognition)

I'll upvote you anyway and you can't stop me!

Good point though.....
  • VincentNZ
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

Kudos @PoppaPappo and @VincentNZ (don't upvote me awesome Forumfielders it's them that need recognition)

Well thank you, I do make a point to have a discussion here like I would in IRL, but the credit really goes to @PoppaPappo, for being very polite in the reply.
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks. Like VincentNZ, I try to treat people like I would in real life. I admit, though, that sometimes it takes tremendous effort not to just lose it in this forum. :smiley: