Weekly Debrief

This sums it up...,

Tip_the_Cap
279 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 25
And was included in another thread, but I fully believe it needs it's own thread so everyone hopefully sees it. Hopefully EA and Dice see it. Mods, please don't delete.

GGG sums it all up very well, and I'd like to add the terrible maps that there are not enough of to the message. I'm pissed.

We're being treated like crap.

Comments

• Woodlbrad
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lazy you know its bad when they remaster a map for the second time on current gen metro isn't even a good urban map.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Treated like crap in a video games?

Come on, mate. It’s a video game.

I played for a couple of hours today. Zero issues. Had fun. Stopped to cook dinner. Jumped on for two more rounds while my wife worked for a bit. Still had fun.

Could we use a couple of additional maps? Sure. But, treating you like crap? Come on.

That's your experience. Me, GGG, and many others have a different one.

It also does not sound like you watched the video. I am glad you are having fun with it though, that's just not my experience.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yellow screen is awful, as is changing the swimming controls, the broken Frontlines/Breaktrhough ticker, and the reload animations.

I didn't realize about the reloads, until he mentioned it, but remembered that I had tons problems where I'd try to cancel a reload to shoot an enemy, but it wouldn't. I just figured it didn't register my button press or something.

I've said this before over the years, it seems like DICE's motto is "One step forward, two steps back."
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I've said this before over the years, it seems like DICE's motto is "One step forward, two steps back."

masculinity.jpg
    ===
    ^The above is an attempt to help you understand why you feel frustrated with DICE's "progress".
    Not too much, not too noticeable, everything in moderation.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

masculinity.jpg
    ===
    ^The above is an attempt to help you understand why you feel frustrated with DICE's "progress".
    Not too much, not too noticeable, everything in moderation.

It's not about culture lol. It's never been about culture. What does Masculinity have to do with how DICE is being run? You've been spamming this and things like this around the forums all day today. Please stop.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you don't understand "lagom", if you don't understand "fika" and you don't understand "Jante Law" then you can't begin to understand the pace at which DICE moves.
    Here I am providing actual facts and here you are responding with "lol".
    obvious troll is obvious.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you don't understand "lagom", if you don't understand "fika" and you don't understand "Jante Law" then you can't begin to understand the pace at which DICE moves.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. I was commenting on the fact that DICE breaks things in every patch. They fix something and break things that were working fine before, hence "One step forward, two steps back." They also like to "fix" things that weren't broken in the first place.

Who asked for yellow screen and uninterruptable reloads? Literally no one. In fact, players have been complaining about the EXCESSIVE amount of animations.
  • Astr0damus

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. I was commenting on the fact that DICE breaks things in every patch. They fix something and break things that were working fine before, hence "One step forward, two steps back." They also like to "fix" things that weren't broken in the first place.

Who asked for yellow screen and uninterruptable reloads? Literally no one. In fact, players have been complaining about the EXCESSIVE amount of animations.

Dang son, did you read what I posted?
    Read your quote again, and then read the things I have highlighted in the following graphic, see if it makes sense to you (Hint: Pay close attention to "Conflicts are resolved by compromise and negotiation" also: "Swedes are known for their long discussions until consensus has been reached."
    masculinity2.jpg
    ==
    I hope you follow. I don't know how else to put it.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7

Read your quote again, and then read the things I have highlighted in the following graphic, see if it makes sense to you (Hint: Pay close attention to "Conflicts are resolved by compromise and negotiation" also: "Swedes are known for their long discussions until consensus has been reached."
    masculinity2.jpg
    ==

Again, totally and utterly irrelevant to what I said. In fact, this actually makes their blunders worse, because as you put it they all need to be on board with these decisions, so DICE making so make terrible decisions lately is a really bad sign if everyone is copacetic.

Mostly I just think you're talking out of your *** and posting useless irrelevant information like it makes you sound clued in or smart.
  • sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

masculinity2.jpg
    ==

Enough with the condescension. It's your opinion not fact.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I played for a couple of hours today. Zero issues. Had fun. Stopped to cook dinner. Jumped on for two more rounds while my wife worked for a bit. Still had fun.

Could we use a couple of additional maps? Sure. But, treating you like crap? Come on.

Not everyone has the exact same experience as you do, I figured people would have come to this realization by now that just because you don't have problems doesn't mean others don't.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have encountered rare bugs/glitches with this game, some even render it unplayable but treated like crap? That's my wife's job
  • Mann68heim
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Same here. I can switch the game on and off as i like. It has, unlike other games, respect for my real life.

Getting treated like crap from a Dev company? Pffff...ridiculous
    What people (customers actually) don't understand is: if you want to make a change > don't buy.
    I skipped several BF title just because i wanted to set an example since i didn't agree with some of the decisions made in the past.
    I was unsatisfied, so i made a decision for myself.

I hate Nestle, so i don't buy their products.
    It's that simple.

Peoples' wallets have a lot power, the problem is they can't practice renunciation!!
  • GP-Caliber
    650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

uninterruptable reload is in there by design? come on now thats just stupid that they added this. in real life a soldier can stop to reload whenever he feels like, why not in battlefield?
  • zenn_nme
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »

uninterruptable reload is in there by design? come on now thats just stupid that they added this. in real life a soldier can stop to reload whenever he feels like, why not in battlefield?

Same thing goes for getting in/out of vehicles. If we can stop the revive animation, why wouldn't be able to stop the other ones as well!?
  • DCAT627
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never understand the vitriol for DICE on this forum, this game costs less than $100 US and people seem to think it ought to be “perfect”. All software has bugs, annoyances, missing features, and crashes - perfect does not exist in anything in this world, especially not in software.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    DCAT627 wrote: »
    I never understand the vitriol for DICE on this forum, this game costs less than $100 US and people seem to think it ought to be “perfect”. All software has bugs, annoyances, missing features, and crashes - perfect does not exist in anything in this world, especially not in software.

No but DICE put out a hell of a lot better quality than what BFV is and that was years ago, it's bad when a sequel has the same problems as the previous game had, but here's the surprise they actually FIXED THEM in the previous game so why are certain bugs back again? Hell I even get the infinite black screen sometimes still and that has been around since the damn game launched zero excuses for crap like that.

Carry along defending them though I'll just be sitting here laughing rolling my eyes.

Maybe you should go hang out at reddit, they like to stick their heads in the sand where they can't see or hear about all of the problems this game has.
  • TropicPoison
    Mann68heim wrote: »

Same here. I can switch the game on and off as i like. It has, unlike other games, respect for my real life.

Getting treated like crap from a Dev company? Pffff...ridiculous
    What people (customers actually) don't understand is: if you want to make a change > don't buy.
    I skipped several BF title just because i wanted to set an example since i didn't agree with some of the decisions made in the past.
    I was unsatisfied, so i made a decision for myself.

I hate Nestle, so i don't buy their products.
    It's that simple.

Peoples' wallets have a lot power, the problem is they can't practice renunciation!!

Hey just curious but why do you hate Nestle? That was pretty random.
This discussion has been closed.