Weekly BF

New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Ah it's 4 maps now slightly better

And how many of those are going to be 5v5 modes.

I don't mind 5v5

Well not minding something is a bit different than playing the **** out of something. Chances are high that this mode is just a resource drain. DICE is lacking the infrastructure to support a really competitive mode, and so far the BF community has not exactly expressed a huge interest in that, not even in BF3/4 times, when "competitive" communities were a thing.
  • VincentNZ
    3238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

I don't mind 5v5

Well not minding something is a bit different than playing the **** out of something. Chances are high that this mode is just a resource drain. DICE is lacking the infrastructure to support a really competitive mode, and so far the BF community has not exactly expressed a huge interest in that, not even in BF3/4 times, when "competitive" communities were a thing.

Squad conquest is pretty popular and sweaty.

Hmm, I enjoyed it and it was well enough received to make a comeback, agreed. I am not sure if it was popular number-wise though. However the new mode is something completely different by the datamine. A game that is closer to R6S and Overwatch than core BF. And it is 5vs5 without vehicles.
    Truth is, they go through a lot of hassle to add another wildcard and even develop at least some entirely new maps and mechanics for it. Yet, we have never seen a ladder, tournaments, a large viewing audience for competitive BF, no RSP or community features that would encourage a third party or dedicated group of people to come up with something themselves. And everything they add to this mode, is exclusive, there is no chance we will see Provence on Conquest Core, because therei is no way to scale this map up for 64 players, unless you invest another couple of months of devtime.
    Squad Conquest is easy to understand and 8vs8 with vehicles, it is pretty close to standard BF, just with reduced numbers, and therefore more tactical and "competitive". That is why it was popular. It still had major flaws like player downtime through leaving or being afk. In a 5vs5 this is even worse naturally, and the infrastructure around it is simply missing.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't mind 5v5

Squad conquest is pretty popular and sweaty.

Hmm, I enjoyed it and it was well enough received to make a comeback, agreed. I am not sure if it was popular number-wise though. However the new mode is something completely different by the datamine. A game that is closer to R6S and Overwatch than core BF. And it is 5vs5 without vehicles.
    Truth is, they go through a lot of hassle to add another wildcard and even develop at least some entirely new maps and mechanics for it. Yet, we have never seen a ladder, tournaments, a large viewing audience for competitive BF, no RSP or community features that would encourage a third party or dedicated group of people to come up with something themselves. And everything they add to this mode, is exclusive, there is no chance we will see Provence on Conquest Core, because therei is no way to scale this map up for 64 players, unless you invest another couple of months of devtime.
    Squad Conquest is easy to understand and 8vs8 with vehicles, it is pretty close to standard BF, just with reduced numbers, and therefore more tactical and "competitive". That is why it was popular. It still had major flaws like player downtime through leaving or being afk. In a 5vs5 this is even worse naturally, and the infrastructure around it is simply missing.

We don't have enough information to know what will be built around it come launch. Like I said before I'll will reserve judge and jury when it comes time to release. Right now is just speculation.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't think incursions was that bad, the problem for mevwas people quitting mid way through a match. So if your anti tank guy quit you were screwed and got steamrolled.
  • Trokey66
    8558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I didn't think incursions was that bad, the problem for mevwas people quitting mid way through a match. So if your anti tank guy quit you were screwed and got steamrolled.

Wasn't there no squad join as well?
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

"Blue Team, Bugger off and come up with two names that are leaving us tonight."

==
    Blue Team: "Chef, we have chosen DICE and EA."
    Gordon: "Ok, DICE and EA, tell me why you should stay"
    ==
    164.jpg
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Dude, you can still do the Jihad Jeep in BF5. People were even posting videos about it recently on Reddit. Just so you know.
    Link please :)
  • VOLBANKER
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    Stop with those threads about the Roadmap is bad

The roadmap looks GOOD. If you look good and READ the chapter 3 you see we get weekly rewards, Inc 6 guns. Chapter 3 is 3 months.... Every month got 4 weeks, so 12 week of rewards. That is vehicles, weapons and skins. And we get missions of combined arms, a new mode and map.
    That's all in chapter 3

And Dont forget the rewards of the ToW.

Than about chapter 4, we only know what we get in the month's but not about the weekly rewards.
    And if you look good to the first month of chapter 4, you see Modes and Maps, not map. So we get more than 1 map in that month.

We get more information fast before chapter 3 is over.

People like you make me loose hope in humanity.

Jesus Christ dude. You're playing a game based (loosely) on WWII, and this is what 'makes you lose your faith in humanity'?! The Holocaust? Nah ... some dude not throwing a childish tantrum about some video game news? 'OMG I don't want to live in this world anymore'. Stop being so Goddamn hysterical; there's criticism, and then there's acting like a little ****.

Talk about being hysterical :smiley:
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    Stop with those threads about the Roadmap is bad

The roadmap looks GOOD. If you look good and READ the chapter 3 you see we get weekly rewards, Inc 6 guns. Chapter 3 is 3 months.... Every month got 4 weeks, so 12 week of rewards. That is vehicles, weapons and skins. And we get missions of combined arms, a new mode and map.
    That's all in chapter 3

And Dont forget the rewards of the ToW.

Than about chapter 4, we only know what we get in the month's but not about the weekly rewards.
    And if you look good to the first month of chapter 4, you see Modes and Maps, not map. So we get more than 1 map in that month.

We get more information fast before chapter 3 is over.

People like you make me loose hope in humanity.

Jesus Christ dude. You're playing a game based (loosely) on WWII, and this is what 'makes you lose your faith in humanity'?! The Holocaust? Nah ... some dude not throwing a childish tantrum about some video game news? 'OMG I don't want to live in this world anymore'. Stop being so Goddamn hysterical; there's criticism, and then there's acting like a little ****.

Oh the irony
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Wasn't there no squad join as well?

Yeah basically after teams were made that was it, if someone quit they couldn't be replaced. So if your anti tank quit you were screwed as the tanker for the other team ran unopposed. That is what killed the mode for me.
  • Astr0damus
    edited March 25
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Dude, you can still do the Jihad Jeep in BF5. People were even posting videos about it recently on Reddit. Just so you know.
    Link please :)

Nevermind, found this was the OIB winner last week (this week)
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game was DOA after the first trailer got downvoted into oblivion. Then it was double tapped by EA/DICE’s reprehensible handling of the backlash. So, eliminating premium and then pissing off your core customers almost guaranteed the death of “live service.” Other companies can pull this off bc other companies listen to their customers and don’t antagonize and constantly break their product. The reality is that there won’t much content rolling out bc EA will pull the plug on this dying patient. DICE killed this game and any hopes of a decent live service. Mark my words.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

90% of Incursions' population played it only for melee weapon unlock. So they basically didn't care at all, just 3 wins and uninstall.
    Which pretty much sums up the desire BF community has for "competitive" mode.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't blame the "lack" of premium personally. I bought the deluxe edition of the game which cost as much as previous premium. In previous games I really disliked the splitting of the community between the haves and have nots.

What I do blame is:

- The very quick turnaround between games which really squeezes development time. A 3 year or more cycle between games would give breathing time for the studio to have adequate content AT launch.

- Trying to cater to too many tastes, multiplayer is where the game shines please stop making Single player and combined arms stuff.

- Very poor pre release marketing which will have hit sales and affects further effort in development.

So yes, as I said I paid deluxe price for this, and if EA said they would slow down between cycles and give more content and proper support within the cycle I'd think people would be happy to pay more for the game.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What annoys me is that it is just more announcements of announcements. What's with all the secrecy and hush hush about what's coming. Just tell people what exactly is planned.

because that goes against core marketing principles. granted they are suppose to create value to capture it, i guess they are just blindly following the model of customer engaged marketing without any community relationship. I hope they dont think just brand power alone will save it either.

I wouldnt doubt at this point if everything will be coming out of no were, sinilar to how Apex Legends did it. And look at the success of that game
  • KingRofty
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I read a reply on a BF V video, where the dude claimed that a lot of Dice's best devs left the company to form their own game studio. Is this true?
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    gues im out from bf till summer

Other hopefully good games coming: WW3, Hell let loose, 83
  • SirBobdk
    4138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sales has been low. The player base is low og people are still leaving the game.
    Imo adding a few maps and weapons wont increase sales but only reduce the numbers leaving the game.
    I can't see how EA is suppose to make a business out of that unless microtransactions. My guess is that all ressources will be transferred to BF6 and BF5 will get a few crumbs to keep the small playerbase alive.