Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BR mode will get as much love as co-op mode. Lol. Who the F asked for co-op mode???
  • EA_Rtas
    393 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Alright folks let's knock it off with editing other people and posting thinly veiled vulgar comments. Keep it on topic. Disagreeing with people is fine, some people may like the new mode some of you might not, that's fine you're all entitled to your opinions but keep it clean or I'm locking the thread.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did not watch the westie trailer of it, not looking good by the sounds of the comments.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny, Criterion's take on Firestorm feels more like a Battlefield title than DICE's whole regular BF MP experience.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really, let's be honest.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    Where do I say "all is better now"? This was simply stating that the "no one wants this" generalization isn't correct, there are plenty of people that want to play the mode. Sure the game has it's flaws but right now BR is the hottest thing in gaming and people want to see what their favorite game/studios can do with the mode, and see if they can do something different with the mode.

It's not for everybody but that doesn't mean "no one" wants it.
    In forums like this a phrase such as, "Nobody wanted this" can safely be taken to mean, "I didn't want this"--some folks tend to act as if they're speaking for a lot of others, maybe even everyone.

I can think of several long-time BF fans who have been looking forward to Firestorm. Can't say I'm one of them however, but if this mode injects some life into BFV then maybe it will be a good thing. And if this mode runs better than the rest of BFV, perhaps some folks in Stockholm should start thinking about their long-term employment prospects. I for one hope EA is looking into someone other than DICE Sweden for BF6.
    Post edited by parkingbrake on
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Faylum wrote: »
    The best thing about this game mode is that if it succeeds the battlefield franchise will literally die out entirely and no one seems to get why. Why make another battlefield game, when you can just design some crappy BR game that will last forever and only ever needs upgraded maps, some sparkly guns and some SKINNNZZZ. You better hope this game mode fails so battlefield can get back to being a tactical shooter, with vehicles and good map design. Or this franchise will never recover.
    Highly doubt that, if it succeeds then there it will mostly become a seperate game. Just like Apex Legends and Titanfall, same universe, difference games.

It's EA we're talking about so why sell a $60 game that have the iconic Battlefield franchise with a seperate Battle Royale mode done in a Battlefield way instead of selling 2 of its?

You can highly doubt what you like but there are facts involved in this. Look at EA, do you think that company wants to spend money developing something so complex and balanced or do you think they would rather design something with minimal resources that only needs a new map once in a blue moon and can sell endless skins and emotes? Hmm i wonder guys what would EA (knowing their history) choose. Hmmmm, this requires lots of deep thought!!!

With today's EA, sadly you're right. They see the staggering income from games like Fortnite and PUBG and they ask themselves why spend years developing and expanding a big, complex game like BF once was when they can do less expensive but highly lucrative games where the money comes from selling evil clown costumes to players who don't want anything more complex than TDM?
  • parkingbrake
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    I probably will be ignoring it :/

As a 29 year old woman, I often think Im not within the target audience for this game some of the time. Especially because of my love of RPGs and overall dislike for FPS games (though I enjoy both Battlefield V and Battlefront II). To me, being honest, the trailer looks a little childish and Im not sure I understand the point of battle royale. Is it true you only have a single life?

The point of BR is to be the last one standing out of some number of players(typically 100 but in BFV's case 64). You're dropped into the map and scavenger for loot while a circle constricts the play zone to force players towards each other. The last player or squad alive wins. You only have one life, but when playing with a squad you can be revived. TTK also isn't as fast as something like BFV, usually you can take some damage before going down(I don't know what the damage will be like in Firestorm though).

See, I still dont understand the point. If I play Conquest I can choose the guns I want to have and customize them rather than using pickups. If I played battle royale and parachuted down, found myself a gun and then stayed with my squad to help them survive, but was headshotted by a sniper after a few minutes... then what? Would I go into a spectator mode or would I be able to still play somehow? Because if I only have 1 life in battle royale, why would I choose to play that instead of another game mode in Battlefield V where I can respawn as much as I want and keep playing even after being shot in the face?

Sorry, btw, I dont mean to insult anything people enjoy. Ive never played a battle royale game and they dont really seem like my thing. I kinda struggle to understand the point really :P

In theory a BR mode where you have to scavenge for weapons and ammo puts everyone on an equal footing in terms of weapons, there are no noobs with entry-level guns facing vets with tricked-out superweapons. Learning to search for weapons and other gear and sharing with teammates so everyone has what they need is an interesting part of the game. In the BR game I played, PUBG, you do go into spectator mode after you die, you can even offer useful tactical advice based on what you can see and hear.

Obviously it can be frustrating to die in the first few minutes and then watch your team play without you for the next twenty or thirty minutes. On the other hand, when you survive to the very end and you know it's just you and your teammates (or maybe just you) and several enemies in a tiny area and what you do in the next few moments will determine who wins--well I can honestly say that no game ever got my heart pounding and my hands sweating like PUBG. I can still remember the first few times I got that last kill to win it all, in some cases when all my teammates were down, it's quite a rush.

As you say, it's not for everyone, just as TDM or Rush or Chain Link or whatever are not for everyone. BF is a big house with a lot of rooms, everybody should be able to find something they like.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    None of yous gonna "ignore" firestorm. You all gonna give it a try, then if you dont like it ok. Stop being hypocritical

Must be sweet to be able to predict the future.
  • Head3masher
    Nope, still not tried it.
  • SirBobdk
    4072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, still not tried it.

Same here and are not going to
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not too interested in BR games-- scavenging for loot in a competitive shooter seems dumb to me. But its part of the game that I bought so I'll give it a try.
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wasnt expecting anything less from Firestorm. Same mass of campers that emigrated from base game to the BR mode.

bfv-2019-03-25-12-02-35-571.jpg

• Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you roadkill with choppers tho? It would be worth a go just for that.
  • Real_LeONey99
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V crash every time I play to Firestorm.
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 25
    Seriously, CoD did this correct and has seperate stats. I want to see my actual win/loss and KD for BR, how is this not seperate to begin with? **** idea

The fact your SPM/KPM/KD all count is insane, and the lack of a win% stat for Firestorm kinda makes it not even worth playing.
    Post edited by Marksman5147_ALT on
  • Slickini
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Didnt they say stats were separate?